big blue

Eden Hazard

Think there were similar speculations to that amount of 300k in the past, i mean any top top club can afford to pay that amount for a player like him. Unreliable sources claim that he is currently on 200-220k per week. He said he won't force a move which is nice, under Sarri his qualities shine and hopefully he can maintain it during the season.

I'm sure Hazard JUST said in an interview that Chelsea haven't offered him a new contract yet. 

So this is either complete nonsense or the club have heard all the rumours and finally pulled their fingers out. 

Until i hear it from the horses mouth i wont be satisfied lol, was encouraging to hear buck say that the club will do everything in their power to keep him. Hazard doesn’t come across as a greedy person so i think it comes down to him wanting the club to invest in the squad as much as investing in himself.

Chelsea Chairman Bruce Buck quoted as saying. 

“Every Chelsea fan in London and around the world loves Eden Hazard, and he’s not only a great footballer but I think he’s a wonderful lad. We want him to stay and we will do what we have to do to entice him to stay.” 

Unusual to hear someone so high up speak about a player's contract so you can only assume that they're pretty determined to keep hold of Eden and convince him to sign a new deal. 

44 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I'm sure Hazard JUST said in an interview that Chelsea haven't offered him a new contract yet. 

Kristof isn’t convinced either

If we hadn't made an offer yet, it might just be that the club were being smart and waiting till he felt happy with the football again (which has now happened). Not much point in opening contract negotiations with a player who isn't enjoying the football and who might just turn you down flat and start setting up a move elsewhere.

Seems highly unlikely. Given everything we know about Hazard's plans (which is a lot...chatty Belgian), he stands to gain nothing signing the contract now. The later in his contract he gets, he 1. Opens up a chance to force a transfer or 2. Get us even more desperate and gets more money and 3. He will get better insight as to what Chelsea's future is (CL etc), and whether Real Madrid will actually come after him (instead of trying for Mbappe or Neymar etc).

If he signs, it's more likely to be in the off-season where everything will be to his advantage. That said, I hope I'm wrong and he signs on for 5 more years tomorrow.

3 hours ago, Kentonio said:

If we hadn't made an offer yet, it might just be that the club were being smart and waiting till he felt happy with the football again (which has now happened). Not much point in opening contract negotiations with a player who isn't enjoying the football and who might just turn you down flat and start setting up a move elsewhere.

This, and Bruce Buck has just now come out and said that they're going to do what they can. This isn't like FIFA these talks are complicated and takes weeks at minimum to complete. I'm optimistic things will get done

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Seems highly unlikely. Given everything we know about Hazard's plans (which is a lot...chatty Belgian), he stands to gain nothing signing the contract now. The later in his contract he gets, he 1. Opens up a chance to force a transfer or 2. Get us even more desperate and gets more money and 3. He will get better insight as to what Chelsea's future is (CL etc), and whether Real Madrid will actually come after him (instead of trying for Mbappe or Neymar etc).

If he signs, it's more likely to be in the off-season where everything will be to his advantage. That said, I hope I'm wrong and he signs on for 5 more years tomorrow.

I agree with some of your points but wouldn't say he has nothing to gain with signing a new deal, careers can change in seconds with silly injury's etc. The lure of signing a 5 year contract making you one of the highest paid players in the world may be hard to turn down with only one year remaining on current deal. This is my way of convincing myself there's a chance he will sign anyway lol... 

Sounds like Bruce Buck wants him to stay, even talking about the personal traits of Eden as a "good lad."  f**kit, I actually think Real want Neymar, and we need to keep Hazard, so just get it done Chelsea

3 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Sounds like Bruce Buck wants him to stay, even talking about the personal traits of Eden as a "good lad."  f**kit, I actually think Real want Neymar, and we need to keep Hazard, so just get it done Chelsea

Agree.... i think reals priorities are neymar and mbappe but hazard is the more realistic for them

Didn't Hazard say he didn't want to play for Antonio Conte? Well today at Real Madrid, Florentino Perez has reached out to Antonio Conte to replace Lopetegi. Perhaps the news all CFC fans wanted to hear & The Mighty Eden remains at Chelsea Football Club?

4 hours ago, atomis said:

https://www.goal.com/en/news/slavery-was-abolished-a-long-time-ago-hazard-will-leave/8skdjrwdfnyq1cvspt02oqmxw

Slavery...wtf man. Slavery is what you did in your time at RM you insect.

Saw this as well, and was just baffling... How tf can you even compare the 2?! Pretty sure slaves, last I checked, weren't free to leave when the wanted. As I'm sure, Eden -- if he really wanted to -- could leave at any f**king time he wanted.

What an absolutely ignorant statement. I bet he thought he was being really clever about what he was saying, as well.

Edited by chiefBlueCFC