big blue

Eden Hazard

20 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

At least he gets to escape this circus and join the one at Madrid next year. Least the weather is nicer lol.

He deserves better, we are going  nowhere fast.

It's too late, Vinicius Jr. has quickly established himself as a key player for Real Madrid and has plenty of room to grow.

Hazard should've joined them at the first opportunity instead of signing that contract extension in 2015.

26 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

But what really really really frustrates me about him he won't cross the ball, rather look for that perfect pass, still love the man though.

That's because we usually only have one or two players in the box surrounded by half the opposition team. 

You could see he was desperate for us to win the match and go through. Its a shame after all hes done for the club, some fans question his loyalty and would rather we sell him in favour of Sarris failing tactics. 

53 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

But what really really really frustrates me about him he won't cross the ball, rather look for that perfect pass, still love the man though.

Probably because whenever he looks up he sees only Higuain in the box surrounded by 6 defenders, while the rest of our team stands around outside the box looking at him.

4 hours ago, Jonty said:

Probably because whenever he looks up he sees only Higuain in the box surrounded by 6 defenders, while the rest of our team stands around outside the box looking at him.

I see this with Alonso all of the time. Hazard will approach the penalty area, Alonso will run up to "support" him, but Alonso doesn't actually do anything, he will run so far and then stop, watch and wait for Hazard to make the next move. The players don't move enough to force Hazard to attempt a pass, they just stand and watch him try and take on every player. The only link up play I see them try is quick one two's, but even then it's Hazard doing all of the work. He runs, dribbles past 1 or 2 players, he plays the pass to a standing player, that standing player will flick the ball into Hazard's direction and Hazard will try a shot. There isn't a single bit of good movement to our attacks. It's no surprise that we can rarely test a keeper these days when we have such little movement.

The moment he leaves the club has only 2 options:

1. Spend all the money on another world class player

2. Invest 2 years in the academy players and rebuild the squad fully

Any other option, won't cut it. The club can't compensate with more average signings while our best players are leaving in one way or another.

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

The moment he leaves the club has only 2 options:

1. Spend all the money on another world class player

2. Invest 2 years in the academy players and rebuild the squad fully

Any other option, won't cut it. The club can't compensate with more average signings while our best players are leaving in one way or another.

I think option 2 has to be worth a punt, what world class talent can we get?

If CHO and Ampadu were starting 20+ games each this season i wouldn't have a problem with where we are in the league at the moment, as we'd be able to see us working towards a final goal. Being here in the league with players like Willian being on the pitch is just sickening. Bayern want CHO for £40m but he can't get on the pitch over Zappacosta and those two bums at RW.

Well this club has always used the academy as a means to make money, not a means to build a squad.  Outside of a few outliers it's been a pretty successful business model.  Problem is we end up with a bunch of mercenaries who fold at the first sign of adversity, no matter who the manager is.