No Hazard was not subbed because of his defensive laziness as per JM giving him a bollocking - quite rightly too.

JM explains the decision on the CFC website - Hazard played 90 at the weekend and 70 last night. The MTA right back was tiring badly so JM decides to give him a hard time with the fresh legs of Pedro. Probably why he gets millions a year whilst we don't!

I think too many people read things entirely the wrong way at times.

Na im not having that, hazard played 90 minutes nearly every game last year, he can play 2 in a row without it effecting him,

I guess Jose can be a rather demanding taskmaster most of the time,but I feel he only demands what he knows that player can give. I think if he is to stay as our manager that means that Eden cannot stay as a Chelsea player.From what I've seen so far this season,I can't help but think Eden has disappeared up his own chuff somewhat!.Maybe he's listened to to many advisors telling him he's Ronaldo's natural successor at Real Madrid.Either way & it's just my opinion,but unfortunately I think we've seen the best of Eden at Chelsea.Personally, I think Jose is correct if he wants to sell.

Shame really, but still bloody grateful for his time at the Bridge though.

Yeah, who cares if we'll be completely average after we sell Hazard? The main thing is that we cash in on him so we have enough money to spend on another few Cuadrados or, even better, no one! Cash in on Hazard!

As we were completely average and won nothing after Zola left right?

Club is always bigger than any one player. One way or another some day hazard will go and we will have to adapt again. Not saying sell him now but we have hardly been amazing this season with him in the team and we have hardly been average since Zola left.

For me Zola was better than hazard ever will be.

Club is always bigger than any one player. One way or another some day hazard will go and we will have to adapt again. Not saying sell him now but we have hardly been amazing this season with him in the team and we have hardly been average since Zola left.

Eureka!

Surely if we sell Hazard another Hazard/Lampard/Drogba will magically turn up out of nowhere just because, as you eloquently suggested, it once happened back then.

At last, I can connect the dots. I suggest we should by all means avoid finishing above the 4th place ever again because we won the Champions League the only time we finished outside the top four since Zola left. Just who the hell thought winning the league would be a good idea? Jose you bloody fool, was it you?

Sack Jose! Sell Hazard! And get axman2526 to run the show!

Eureka!

Surely if we sell Hazard another Hazard/Lampard/Drogba will magically turn up out of nowhere just because, as you eloquently suggested, it once happened back then.

At last, I can connect the dots. I suggest we should by all means avoid finishing above the 4th place ever again because we won the Champions League the only time we finished outside the top four since Zola left. Just who the hell thought winning the league would be a good idea? Jose you bloody fool, was it you?

Sack Jose! Sell Hazard! And get axman2526 to run the show!

Lol good one mate. I would not turn down the salary, could certainly do with significantly increasing my income like that.

Edited by axman2526

Agree with that. If Hazard doesn't want to commit 100 percent to the club because he doesn't get to play in another position, then we should just cash in on him. 

but why must we force him to play in his not preferred position?

How many big name who don't get to play in his preferred position?

Python is ofcourse exaggerating but you can't argue with the fact that it would be a big blow for us if Hazard left.

I think some people don't realize just how dependent we are on him in terms of creating chances.

We've struggled to create chances (from open play) this season. Hazard poor form is one of the reasons, if not the main reason why.

Now ofcourse the club is bigger then 1 player and no we won't be completely average if Hazard were to leave but i think we'd be much better off if we could keep Hazard.

About your last sentence, it's your opinion and you are ofcourse entitled to having one but i feel like it's a bit premature to say that.

Zola was 30 when he came to Chelsea and 36-37 when he left. Hazard is 24. He still has a lot of football left to play. (and i'd prefer if he did it at Chelsea)

Lol good one mate. I would not turn down the salary, could certainly do with significantly increasing my income like that.

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way :)

But honestly, I don't think letting Hazard go would be a good idea. Bayern remained stern when offers were coming in for Ribery in his prime and so should we. We don't need the money anyway.

Python is ofcourse exaggerating but you can't argue with the fact that it would be a big blow for us if Hazard left.

I think some people don't realize just how dependent we are on him in terms of creating chances.

We've struggled to create chances (from open play) this season. Hazard poor form is one of the reasons, if not the main reason why.

Now ofcourse the club is bigger then 1 player and no we won't be completely average if Hazard were to leave but i think we'd be much better off if we could keep Hazard.

About your last sentence, it's your opinion and you are ofcourse entitled to having one but i feel like it's a bit premature to say that.

Zola was 30 when he came to Chelsea and 36-37 when he left. Hazard is 24. He still has a lot of football left to play. (and i'd prefer if he did it at Chelsea)

The club is bigger than Hazard, that's true. But that does not mean they have to sell him if he sulks. If he has problems honoring the contract he signed in a professional manner then send him to the reserves, simple as.

No Hazard, no Real Madrid, no one should be able to force Chelsea to do anything. That's what makes clubs big.

No doubt we would be a poorer side if he left, even in his more average form teams are still scared of him and that helps. Like I said I am not advocating that we should definitely sell him, just my belief that the team would adapt if he was no longer here.

Maybe it is early to make the claim re Zola but hey if he proves me wrong I will be very happy to be wrong.

Edited by axman2526

Glad you didn't take it the wrong way :)

But honestly, I don't think letting Hazard go would be a good idea. Bayern remained stern when offers were coming in for Ribery in his prime and so should we. We don't need the money anyway.

I appreciate a good bit of sarcasm as much as the next guy, when used well. So no worries it was funny.

Not sure we will stand fast on hazard if he were to sulk though. Who was our last star player that wanted out? Think it was robben and we allowed him to go to real.

Sooner he gets back to enjoying his football with us and back to top form the better. That he is yet to score for us this season is baffling.

but why must we force him to play in his not preferred position?

How many big name who don't get to play in his preferred position?

Muller doesn't get to play up front. Neymar and messi play on the wings so Suarez can be up front. Mascherano is one of the best defensive mids in the world playing as a centre back. My point is it's common so he needs to put up or shut up

Muller doesn't get to play up front. Neymar and messi play on the wings so Suarez can be up front. Mascherano is one of the best defensive mids in the world playing as a centre back. My point is it's common so he needs to put up or shut up

muller isn't really a striker, is he? Messi didn't play on the wing, he's still playing like a false 9.. Both players play off the striker, more like like a second striker and I'd say both get to play where they want it which is their best and 'coincidentally' preferred position..

why can't hazard get to play in his preferred position? because of jose doesn't like it? just trying to show who's boss instead of thinking rationally in trying to get the best out of hazard? look at his lille stats, he's more productive playing in the center

hazard on the left now is difficult.. he's limited to go straight or cut inside.. if he goes straight he need to outrun the fullback and if he cut inside he'd be greeted by 2 other markers who were ready to handle him.. Not too mention that tracking back duty.. it's very tasking.. 

Playing centrally would allow him the 360 degree option, not to mention the benefit if he go wide from central position because he would drag defenders away..

Hazard is back to MOTM performance in the last few games playing in his preferred position and jose is not happy? oh wait, that could be just a mind game, trying to get hazard keep going? only if he isn't too eager to magnify hazard poor moment playing in the center.. we'll see.. 

muller isn't really a striker, is he? Messi didn't play on the wing, he's still playing like a false 9.. Both players play off the striker, more like like a second striker and I'd say both get to play where they want it which is their best and 'coincidentally' preferred position..

why can't hazard get to play in his preferred position? because of jose doesn't like it? just trying to show who's boss instead of thinking rationally in trying to get the best out of hazard? look at his lille stats, he's more productive playing in the center

hazard on the left now is difficult.. he's limited to go straight or cut inside.. if he goes straight he need to outrun the fullback and if he cut inside he'd be greeted by 2 other markers who were ready to handle him.. Not too mention that tracking back duty.. it's very tasking..

Playing centrally would allow him the 360 degree option, not to mention the benefit if he go wide from central position because he would drag defenders away..

Muller's closer to a striker than any other position I'd say with his finishing ability it's his best position. I agree he should be playing no.10 too but he can't force himself in to that position, it's up to Jose.

I think Jose knows that Hazard could be slightly more effective as a no 10, but the problem is that anyone who would replace him on the left wing would be considerably less effective than Hazard. Also it is easier to double a player in the middle of the pitch than out wide, which is why Hazard's effectiveness in the middle is not a given. I agree with Jose on this one, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...