Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

big blue
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I don't think that's the case, personally :)

Of course there have been times when he has had niggles and maybe been worn down, but there has been many games this season where when he has been clearly fit and has been hugely ineffective and not fussed on delivering.

Sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong mate.

Saying 'not fussed' on delivering is where your argument falls down, you have just read him wrong.

Sometimes you just have to admit you were wrong mate.

Saying 'not fussed' on delivering is where your argument falls down, you have just read him wrong.

Its not about being wrong or right, its just my opinion. I believe he hasn't been giving 100% in every single game at times when he could have been, I feel he was fed up under Mourinho and downed tools..... but hes not the only one...others in the team have been guilty of this too.

Last night when he came on, he gave 100% and showed what he should be aiming to deliver on a consistent basis - taking people on, ghosting past people, creating, shooting, scoring.

Edited by Zola

Window licking?

What a moronic thing to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscar is utterly brainless, Willian has no creativity while Pedro is hit and miss. Hazard will thrive with intelligent players around him and we'll see that at the Euros.

Jesus christ Barry, just admit the lad was class last night and move. In one half he completed more dribbles than anyone else on the pitch and banged an absolute worldie in to the top corner. There's a reason we looked more likely to create something and score once he came on.

Did give him credit. Great goal and best performance of the season. But if we are comparing him to the standards of last season or to the players you were previously, aside from the goal he didn't do much worthy of special mention. Many dribbles yet few penetrating ones and rarely actually taking on defenders. He got the goal and I remember two back heels (one success one failure), a good run where he put in a dangerous cross that got cleared before Costa could get on the end, a shot from outside the box, wo a FK and plenty of dribbling to the left top corner of the oppo box where he typically stood up to the defender and then passed it. Feel free to fill in the blanks if I'm missing anything or if you feel I've down played some some major comtribution.

For a world class player that should be closer to a run of the mill performance more than a best performance of the season, or do you disagree with that?

Oh, I also think you embellish the difference in attack between halves. Off the top of my head I can think of as many if not more chances from open play in the first half than the second. Eden was certainly better than Pedro but it's not like Hazard transformed a team creating no chances into one creating plenty of chances, as you seem to portray.

Imagine what he can do when he's on form and surrounded by quality on form players, with a manager that recognises that form aside, he is by far our best player.

Don't need to imagine, saw exactly that in the first half of last season when he had just what you described . Thing is we also don't have to imagine what he does when the times get tough like this season.

Great players pick it up when those around them falter more so than rely on the form of those around them in order to be great, in my opinion.....

Oscar is utterly brainless, Willian has no creativity while Pedro is hit and miss. Hazard will thrive with intelligent players around him and we'll see that at the Euros.

Or maybe we'll just see a Hazard who tries harder at Euros. Who knows.

But I like how you called the team who won the double last season a bunch of workhorse window lickers. You think it's hilarious some want him out (for the right money, put me in that camp) , but I think it's pretty hilarious what some will do to try and excuse/justify Hazard's terrible season.

Clearly CFC have failed Hazard this season and not vice versa. Perhaps we should get Messi and Ronaldo so we can get the best out of Hazard lol

Did give him credit. Great goal and best performance of the season. But if we are comparing him to the standards of last season or to the players you were previously, aside from the goal he didn't do much worthy of special mention. Many dribbles yet few penetrating ones and rarely actually taking on defenders. He got the goal and I remember two back heels (one success one failure), a good run where he put in a dangerous cross that got cleared before Costa could get on the end, a shot from outside the box, wo a FK and plenty of dribbling to the left top corner of the oppo box where he typically stood up to the defender and then passed it. Feel free to fill in the blanks if I'm missing anything or if you feel I've down played some some major comtribution.

For a world class player that should be closer to a run of the mill performance more than a best performance of the season, or do you disagree with that?

Oh, I also think you embellish the difference in attack between halves. Off the top of my head I can think of as many if not more chances from open play in the first half than the second. Eden was certainly better than Pedro but it's not like Hazard transformed a team creating no chances into one creating plenty of chances, as you seem to portray.

The difference was when Hazard came on everything worked. Hazard pulling players out of position, making vital passes. 

Watch this and tell me Hazard did little but dribble it into the corner and didn't run at players. If anything all he did was run at the opposition all night.

It's amazing and funny when I get back from the game and go through the posts on the match day thread we would be down to two players playing. Players are described beyond their talent or lack of it. I thought Oscar came on and our balance was good. Spuds had no shots in the last 15 and still people critize. Hazard scores a wonder goal been slagged all season now he can stay and is wonderful!!

Won't load for me but I still think that if this was last season we'd say the goal was great but the overall performance otherwise nothing special.

A great performance from an average-good player but an average-good performance from a world class one. The goal was class, no denying that or that he has the talent.

I forgot how talented the lad is!! We must keep him, he scared them to death when he came on. All the thugs could do is foul him, what a talent. A mystery why he has been so poor this season but that is what he is capable of.

But I like how you called the team who won the double last season a bunch of workhorse window lickers. You think it's hilarious some want him out (for the right money, put me in that camp) , but I think it's pretty hilarious what some will do to try and excuse/justify Hazard's terrible season.

Yeah, the lengths some folk will go to to try and excuse someone having a complete shocker of a season.

Ahem, Mourinho.................!!!

Yeah, the lengths some folk will go to to try and excuse someone having a complete shocker of a season.

He made his mistakes but let's not forget that while the team certainly changed its position on the table after Mourinho they did so using the same tactics, formations and largely personnel on the pitch as occured under Mourinho. And certain players have been no better post-Mourinho, as much as we'd still like to blame Mourinho for their poor form this whole season.

Oh, and Mourinho didn't get a whole poor season to prove the doubters wrong (or right), he got less than half a season. And, as I've stated many times, Mourinho has a far better track record to suggest he could rectify the ship than any player or group of in this squad. To me that's a big part of the decision making process going forwards.

I think it has been a frustrating year overall, for some of the players, and for us fans.  Eden seems to have become the focal point of that frustration for a lot of people too, and I think that's why he is being deemed "lazy" or only turning up when he can be bothered.

I think that Jose pushed him too much (not saying that he hadn't in previous season) this past season while Eden wasn't fully fit.  Guus' comments about needing to treat him carefully certainly seem to strengthen my opinion on that; again, it's just my opinion, I know nothing about what is actually going on.

Jose played him a lot when he wasn't fully fit, that much is obvious.  It looked like he had a groin strain or something.  You saw him try to play through, and when enough was enough he "subbed himself."  Then Jose kinda called him out publicly, and well, we all know how it went from there.  I guess what I'm saying is, Jose tried to push him to hard, Eden was trying so say he was injured, Jose kept going on about needing to fight etc, and then when Eden actually said "no, look, I need to recover," there was no way Jose was going to admit he was wrong.  So, he calls Eden out publicly (he also called out Matic too).  Unfortunately, we all know how stubborn Jose can be, but sometimes he has to accept part of the failures.  However, there is a bit of blind Loyalty toward Jose from some of the fan base, and I think they saw Eden as a scapegoat - I know that one woman at the grounds with the bed-sheet sign calling him a Rat and Hazzard (sp) certainly did 

Anyway, it looks as if Hiddink has been more careful, and Eden is back to playing very well.  So I hope this continues into next season.

Edited by mad_mac

I think it has been a frustrating year overall, for some of the players, and for us fans.  Eden seems to have become the focal point of that frustration for a lot of people too, and I think that's why he is being deemed "lazy" or only turning up when he can be bothered.

I think that Jose pushed him too much (not saying that he hadn't in previous season) this past season while Eden wasn't fully fit.  Guus' comments about needing to treat him carefully certainly seem to strengthen my opinion on that; again, it's just my opinion, I know nothing about what is actually going on.

Jose played him a lot when he wasn't fully fit, that much is obvious.  It looked like he had a groin strain or something.  You saw him try to play through, and when enough was enough he "subbed himself."  Then Jose kinda called him out publicly, and well, we all know how it went from there.  I guess what I'm saying is, Jose tried to push him to hard, Eden was trying so say he was injured, Jose kept going on about needing to fight etc, and then when Eden actually said "no, look, I need to recover," there was no way Jose was going to admit he was wrong.  So, he calls Eden out publicly (he also called out Matic too).  Unfortunately, we all know how stubborn Jose can be, but sometimes he has to accept part of the failures.  However, there is a bit of blind Loyalty toward Jose from some of the fan base, and I think they saw Eden as a scapegoat - I know that one woman at the grounds with the bed-sheet sign calling him a Rat and Hazzard (sp) certainly did 

Anyway, it looks as if Hiddink has been more careful, and Eden is back to playing very well.  So I hope this continues into next season.

Pretty Much this...the guy seem to have been injured and one reason i could notice this was he refused to drive at players that explosive drive he had last season which i have only seen in the last two games...if you watch players and know how they are you can from time to time tell when a player isnt 100% fit and Hazard hasn't been 

Edited by Brutos

The difference was when Hazard came on everything worked. Hazard pulling players out of position, making vital passes. 

Watch this and tell me Hazard did little but dribble it into the corner and didn't run at players. If anything all he did was run at the opposition all night.

He ran rings around Tottenham LOL LOL that explosive drive is back that desire to get into the box...Welcome back son...

Yeah the doubke standards are pretty hillarious. Some posters blame Hazard for Mourinho getting fired so naturally they will go out of their way not to credit him. Or like Barry here, give him a compliment for a good game but make sure everyone knows that he has been sh*t this season so we shouldnt be happy about a good performance.

I think some are forgetting how hes been carrying us offensively these last years. We have seen some absolute dire performances were Hazards exeptional talent has pushed us over the line. Saying he only shines when everyone around him plays well is absolute bollocks