Yeah, the lengths some folk will go to to try and excuse someone having a complete shocker of a season.

Ahem, Mourinho.................!!!

Yeah the doubke standards are pretty hillarious. Some posters blame Hazard for Mourinho getting fired so naturally they will go out of their way not to credit him. Or like Barry here, give him a compliment for a good game but make sure everyone knows that he has been sh*t this season so we shouldnt be happy about a good performance.

I think some are forgetting how hes been carrying us offensively these last years. We have seen some absolute dire performances were Hazards exeptional talent has pushed us over the line. Saying he only shines when everyone around him plays well is absolute bollocks

Majestic. Glided past players like they were dummies on the training pitch.

Twisted turned, back-heeled, ran, demanded the ball and ghosted past 4 dippers before calmly slotting into the corner. Where have you been man?? 

Need to keep him. As Plokoon said in another thread, we can't replace him, can't think of anyone who comes close. 

Feels good to get this thread going again, whilst it dosen't make up for the sh*tshow from September-mid April, that was mesmerising and maybe the hip injury was actually why he was so poor.

I want to use the injury excuse but my head thinks differently. I can't help but feel that he has been saving himself all season for the Euro's. It's not like he has been injured all season, he was fine for the first half. I don't think we will ever know for sure, but i just feel like he has been holding back so he wasn't drained for the Euro's. It's like we are watching him use these last few games as preparation.

Edited by Scott Harris

He didn't save himself for the World Cup back then but saved/saving himself for the Euros. Common mate.

I don't know, it's just how it looks from my point of view. I can't help it, it's just how i feel about the whole thing.

It's not like he had a great world cup, maybe he was drained so doesn't want the same thing to happen in the Euro's.

Edited by Scott Harris

I don't know, it's just how it looks from my point of view. I can't help it, it's just how i feel about the whole thing.

It's not like he had a great world cup, maybe he was drained so doesn't want the same thing to happen in the Euro's.

To be fair, you have every right to feel as you do towards him, it's been deserving. Personally, I'm a great fan of Eden,I'm looking at things through my Eden hazard tinted glasses. Just feel he has displayed a bit to show he's keen on staying, could be wrong of course.

He just didnt seem right in his head either, I think he was playing scared and it got in his head. Explosion is all in the hips and if tou have a niggke its tough to be explosive. You could also see his lack of confidence out there always looking for the pass, never really trying to run at anyone full speed. Anyways, Im just glad hes back

Ofcourse Sherlock, i'm sure it had nothing to do with the hip injury he was carrying for months.

Well that worked out well for him. Did this hip injury cause his fatness and unfitness pre season too? Must have been contagious as Costa caught it too. Edited by dkw

Do people really think Hazard would fake injury and didn't give 100% all season just so he can be 100% for the euros lol lol lol you guys are really reaching. His issues like mentioned by his dad and even Guss he had a niggle but Jose wanted him to continue playing along with the Eva debacle which affected him more than people think. That damaged his confidence greatly. Just like it would any of you who have jobs but being forced to work while ill by what you probably feel is a demanding boss who is unreasonable you wouldn't give 100% would you. Footballers are humans too they get injured and ill too granted they get paid extortionate salaries which i would never agree with but at the core these young men are humans and as coach you are the parent who is nurturing them resolving squabbles keeping them happy and confidence up.

Why would last season standout player by a mile decide to not show up give up his title s best player in the league this season to save himself for a second rate international tournament.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Brutos

Do people really think Hazard would fake injury and don't give 100% all season just so he can be 100% for the euros lol lol lol you guys are really reaching. His issues like mentioned by his dad and even Guss he had a niggle but Jose wanted him to continue playing along with the Eva debacle which affected him more than people think. That damaged his confidence greatly. Just like it would any of you who have jobs but being forced to work by what you probably feel is a demanding boss who is unreasonable. Why would last season standout player by a mile decide to not show up give up his title s best player in the league this season to save himself for a second rate international tournament.

I don't think it's wholly physical, but perhaps mental, emotional discord of some sort; the two would probably be hand in hand for a sportsman.

I don't think it's wholly physical, but perhaps mental, emotional discord of some sort; the two would probably be hand in hand for a sportsman.

Yep agree with that it was a combination of factors really. But the last few games have shown that if we want to get back to the top quickly his quality is needed because if he leaves we won't replace that match winner quality. His explosive drive is back that desire to take players on beat them is back and his smile too. He will most likely captain Belgium this season and i wouldn't be surprised if after speaking with him Conte considers him for they new captain if Terry does leave. That would certainly be a sign of his long term commitment

People are entitled to think whatever they like.

Some think Hazard was hampered with injuries coupled with poor form, others think it's convenient he starts to remember how to play football as the Euros is a matter of weeks away and the transfer window is open in a month or 2.

What I will say is if he stays then good, he wont be allowed to get away with not giving his all under Conte as he will be kicked into touch given his reputation.

What a difference he makes in the team. Now I hope other clubs realise why we are not letting him go for anything less than bale money. I think he's better than bale when he's fit and on form imo; he can score, assist, pass, dribble, track back with intent.

Regardless of form, there is next to no chance that Hazard misses out on the Belgium squad for the Euros. For a start, with Kompany missing, he is their captain. Secondly, he is their best player. The last time Hazard missed a competitive match for Belgium was two years ago in a home qualifier against Andorra.

The argument that he wanted to impress before the Euros holds no water at all. The only way he is missing out on the Belgium squad is if he gets injured. Therefore, if like a lot of people are saying, Hazard is a feckless swine who doesn't care about Chelsea and his motivation is getting into the international squad, surely his only objective would be not to get injured? Therefore, why on earth would he be charging past defenders and drawing rash challenges? It doesn't make any sense. The best thing he could do for his international chances would be not to put in any physical effort whatsoever and just maintain his fitness.

He's either putting himself in the shop window, just over an injury, or else a moody little gimp.

Maybe all three ?

When he has that appetite he is amazing.. too bad we don't see it that much these days!

Me and my mate at work have just discussed that very thing. I said that he's likely proving himself to the coach for the Euros but I wouldn't be shocked if he was also putting himself in the shop window. Tbh best scenario for all is that he has a belter Euro's, or if he comes back to us after that then great but of not his fee will sky rocket.

He has just had a bad season. Most players have them. Drogba had one and he went on the legend list. Lampard never got going in any season until at least past October/November.

He has said he is happy, until the likes of Madrid come in with a fantastic amount of money he is a Chelsea player and he has said he expects to see out his contract.

I hope he gets our encouragement at the weekend, I want him all guns blazing for the new season