29 minutes ago, BishBosh said:

If Real offer anything around £25mil plus for Eden, we'd be fools not to take it. The once jaw dropping talents that made him a stand out are long gone. It's sad watching him run around, not really contributing anything. He has no desire to beat players any more. Effectively, he's exactly the kind of player Rooney has become. A shadow. 

I'm all for criticising players who are performing below par, but that is absolute verbal diarrhoea. He's been off form for a few games, he still has the jaw dropping talent. Long gone? Did you see him for the first third of the season? hazard is worth 80 million plus, therefore i wouldnt sell him for less than 150mill. He's our best player, he's scored 50 goals for us quicker than Lamps did, and he's 25, he's not a dinosaur. Christ

Edit: Just noticed your username. . .  Splishsplosh

Edited by RMCM

25 minutes ago, PythonLu said:

I am in no position to tell anyone what they should think and what not.

But sometimes I am worried that Hazard is a victim of his own talent. It's either MOTM for him or people blame him for not being committed, inconsistent, a "rat". He has the blessing and the burden of being the split point between an excellent Chelsea game and an average one. 

Those who take every opportunity to poke him with a stick will continue to do so, there is no point arguing. That's very worrying indeed because if he gets fed up and leaves I saw what awaits us - in fact it was there for everyone to see. Last season.

But if you read the comments re his performance yesterday no one is calling him name or anything. Merely pointing out that a player of his calibre shouldn't be disappearing in a game like that. Which I think is a fine criticism to make a player who is often pointed to as a future potential world player of the year. What's happened here is those that don't like Hazard to be criticised have jumped in saying people have said or done things that they haven't.

Onviously except BishBosh who is obviously SplishSplosh. I can't believe people cracked his code :laugh2:

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan
54 minutes ago, brakeit said:

Thats simply not true. And you forget the part that Ronaldo play in England and score twice as more goal then Hazard and even have more assist then him.

230 matches for Hazard = 64 goals and 59 assist

291 matches for Ronaldo = 118 goals and 62 assist

And you have to take in consideration that Ronaldo come to United when he was 18-19 years old. He leave it at his peak when he was 23-24 years old. Its not even a fair comparison, and still he is better.

Hazard is already 25 years old and so far did not come even close to scoring as much as Ronaldo score in United, forget about Ronaldo peak at Real Madrid ... Forget also about the impact the 2 have make in the games.

Ronaldo have a season in United with 42 goals, Hazard can`t even score so much goals for 2 season, hes best is 18 goals ....

For 5 season with United Ronaldo won Champions league, 3 time PL, Hazard so far have 1 PL(second is coming) ....

Of course you need the teammates and the club, but you just can`t compare them.

Ronaldo is on another level. So far Hazard show he can`t be consistent for long periods, something Ronaldo prove it many, many times ...

And forget the dream Hazard will score so many goals in Spain. We see how good Bale was in England and he can`t even come close to Ronaldo in Real in terms of scoring goal or be such imporant player as Ronaldo was. Maybe in the future he will be, cause Ronaldo in 1 month will be 32 years old ....

As i said before when Ronaldo start dribble between defenders, hes thoughts its to score goals. When Hazard doing it, he try to get rid of the ball, its like he is scaring of dribble and goes to shooting. Hazard has incredible dribbling, but at low pace, he can`t run at full speed and dribble past opponent, he can`t do it like Messi or Ronaldo. I hate when Hazard start dribbling between defenders and he need to shoot, but he decide to go for 1-2 and all goes wrong or decide to turn back and pass the ball to the width ... Ronaldo and Messi take the ball on speed and they have space, and they are real threat. They are going for goals, nothing else. Unlike Hazard.

Sorry but Hazard is no near peak Ronaldo, who is 1 of the best in the air, great at free kicks, insane shoots, speed, dribbling, instinct infront of goals, positioning, technical ability and so on.  Hazard is better with the dribbling, but at low pace.

That`s the unbiased reallity.

And i don`t see how Hazard is going to score more then 20 goals in Real Madrid .... Ronaldo score many goals from penalty, but he won most of the penalties, not to mention how many goals he score from distance shoot or how many goals he score cause of his instinct or with the header .....

Ronaldo is not only the player vs lower teams, he is the player for the big games. 16 goals against Barcelona prove it, he also score so, so much in the CL, against anyone, so its not even close.

I say it many times, Hazard is gifted, but he doesn`t have the winning mentality Ronaldo/Mesi have it and the hard work to be really at that top, top level. To be fair Hazard can`t even be consistent to reach the leve below that ....

He doesn`t life to his potential.

Can't take this serious. If it wasn't so difficult to read in the first place you've tried to make out Ronaldo is a better dribbler at pace?? No one even comes close to Messi and Hazard in that regard. 

Most of Ronaldo dribbles is towards the goal, most of Hazard is sideway. You forgot how easy Ronaldo was passing through opponent, when he was playing for United. In Real the style is different, and slightly his position and they are more direct, so thats why he doesn`t pass so much on opponent. But he score a lot more.

Hazard have better dribbling then Ronaldo, but at high speed passing the opponent, Ronaldo is better, or was better, cause he is 32 after 1 month ...

Not to mention how more effective Ronaldo is ...

But you can think whatever you want.

Edited by brakeit

Thought Hazard was poor yesterday. Against a team like Hull, he should be making a far greater impact on the game, especially at home. That said, I don't think he's in a bad vein of form. I thought he did a great job leading the line vs Leicester last week in what is an unnatural position for him. Also provided a great assist on that day for Marcos Alonso's first goal. I fancy him to rebound against Liverpool and have a good game, he generally does against them.

Many here have voiced their doubts over whether Hazard can take that next step and I have to say I agree. I just don't think he has the requisite killer instinct to get there. Yesterday he seemed very lackadaisical and appears that way too often IMO.

32 minutes ago, Van Butsen said:

I didn't think he was that bad yesterday

Involved with the goal in so far he could have taken a touch from Moses cross, but left it for Diego (put another way Hazard was the 'decoy')

FWIW I think he's being asked to play in a number of different roles under Conte. Left wing, wide playmaker, second striker, right wing, roaming playmaker etc etc - sometimes it may appear he isn't 'on it' but his contribution helps the team just as effectively as won duels in 1 v 1 situations etc. Without his off the ball positioning for example I'd question if Moses/Alonso would have the time and space they have in wide positions. I think we're winning games without 'playing well' because Conte has us playing in a way that is more than the sum of its parts.

Edited by the special one

I would love to see his % of touches inside and outside the box. He seems to play worse when opposition teams double/treble up on him before he gets into the penalty area. His biggest attribute for me isn't his dribbling but his ability to play under the arm pits of his opponents, the quick turns/pivots when a defender gets in too tight to him. Trouble is we don't take advantage of the gaps teams leave when doubling up on him. Yesterday I remember a few times when i could see space Hull had left vacant by trying to crowd Eden, but we never worked the ball into those spaces, we need to punish teams more for this.

It's that old Hazard conundrum again! For a large part of this season he has been back to his best. Almost unplayable and putting in MOTM performances & scoring and assisting.

When that doesn't happen folk seem to think he's back to the Hazard of last season or has lost interest. I must admit he was disappointing yesterday. With opponents like Hull you just think he'll rip them apart but instead they played him pretty well and he ended up hitting the deck far too often. He still contributed and his passing and movement was good but  as the game went on he was looking more & more frustrated and I would have hooked him earlier than Conte did.

He'll get a week's rest now and let's hope Conte has a word with him and he is back to the Hazard of early season against the dippers on the 31st. They have a couple of quality players themselves, but none are in Hazards class when he is at his best (as that goal against them last season proved).

54 minutes ago, Van Butsen said:

One week it's the "league is quality and everyone can beat everyone" and the next it's "Hazard should tear teams like Hull apart".

What are you babbling on about the league is quality and everyone can beat everyone? What does that have to do with Hazard?

Also take it the last comment is aimed at me. Here have a pair of specs and actually read what I f**king said. I'm talking about Hazard been an elite player. I don't think he will ever be at that level. Never said he wasn't quality or any sh*t like that. That was my point and I stand by it.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan
1 minute ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

What are you babbling on about the league is quality?

Also take it the last comment is aimed at me. Here have a pair of specs and actually read what I f**king said. I'm talking about Hazard been an elite player. I don't think he will ever be at that level. Never said he wasn't quality or any sh*t like that. That was my point and I stand by it.

Not everything is about you Bobby.

Edited by Van Butsen

Costas been better than him this season and as much as it pains me to say so has Sanchez. Saying he's the best player in the PL is just plain wrong at this moment. Sure he's been the higher end of players but no way has he been the best. For the record though I wouldn't swap him for anyone else either.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Far from the best PL player. He is just too inconsistent. He need to work on that. As well as his shots and towards the goal. He should aim to make a chance for himself to get in good position to shoot.

One of my favorite player and every summer i pray he stay with us and reach the next level.
He need to keep the level high and improve game after game.

10 hours ago, coco said:

Eden is getting hammered on the pitch with little protection, players just run into him and knock him off the ball, the ball is never won cleanly off him, the refs seem to think that it's ok. He would definitely do better in Spain, the officials would give him more free kicks, and opposition players would think twice about just running into him. I don't think we as a club protect him as much as we should, our captain should be constantly talking to the ref every time Hazard gets fouled.

Hazard isn't the only player in the league that has this problem though. The top players are always getting kicked all over, but they fight through it. I do agree that he needs more protection though. He more often than not get's the foul, but the fouls are so cynical, the refs should be booking these players. The top players are being punished for being better than other players in this league, it's always been this way. No wonder why they tend to bugger off to Spain in the end. It's not like i want the Premier League to be soft like La Liga, but it's damn frustrating watching the top players constantly getting hacked down.

9 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Can't take this serious. If it wasn't so difficult to read in the first place you've tried to make out Ronaldo is a better dribbler at pace?? No one even comes close to Messi and Hazard in that regard. 

Correct. Ronaldo uses his pace to push the ball past defenders and beat them - an upmarket version of Tony Galvin...

28 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hazard isn't the only player in the league that has this problem though. The top players are always getting kicked all over, but they fight through it. I do agree that he needs more protection though. He more often than not get's the foul, but the fouls are so cynical, the refs should be booking these players. The top players are being punished for being better than other players in this league, it's always been this way. No wonder why they tend to bugger off to Spain in the end. It's not like i want the Premier League to be soft like La Liga, but it's damn frustrating watching the top players constantly getting hacked down.

Some of our officials have a problem with understanding the basic rules of the game, literally.

12 hours ago, Sindre said:

I don't think anyone is actually comparing him to Messi/Ronaldo level. But there is no reason he shouldn't be able to perform at the same level as Alexis Sanchez for example and he hasn't done that for almost  two seasons now.

I reckon Hazard is the best player in the league for me however the difference between Sanchez and Hazard is that Sanchez has that desire to score every game. Hazard is a much more team-orientated player. It is a plus but also a negative. He sets the bar low to himself. There are matches like yesterday where Hazard fails to take a single shot because he does not bother about statistics and it really is frustrating because if he had that killer instinct like Sanchez and desire to score he would have a lot more goals.

The Chelsea magazine gets delivered to my house every month and this month's one is a good article with Hazard. The article mentions that Hazard has scored nine times this season, reached the 50 PL goals mark and picked up PL player of month for October. One of his comments sums it up. Hazard says those stats do not interest him. He says "For me, football is like this. I go on the pitch and I try to enjoy it. I don't look at the statistics. I don't look at goals, I just want to go on the pitch. I prefer to win 5-0 and I play and an amazing game, but don't score or assist, than play a bad game where I score two goals and we win 2-0."

That is all good but you can see that is his mentality on the pitch. World class player but I always say to myself just be a bit more selfish sometimes because I know he is capable of scoring the amounts Sanchez does if he had same mentality.