Eden Hazard

big blue

17 hours ago, Argo said:

You may not, but there is certainly a consensus that would 'rate' him more should he model his game to that, he would score most weeks but he would also take away what made him so special in the first place.

Absolutely not. Learning to shoot more when there's an opening takes nothing away from his overall game. It adds to it. Especially when he's in and around the box. No one is saying he needs to shoot as much as Ronaldo. Just shoot a little more. He has the technique and so he's pretty accurate with his shots when he does shoot, much more than most players at his level. Which is why it's frustrating when he doesn't. Believe it or not but we'll need him to do a bit more of that if we want to win the CL.

9 hours ago, PythonLu said:

His last performance against Swansea was a very impressive one, but since pretty much every Chelsea player had that and because Hazard didn't score, some people will say it was rubbish. Everyone is entitled to voice an opinion.

You'll find absolutely no one calling that performance "rubbish". Come off it.

Hazard is the most marked player in the game. Generally opposition will put 2-3 players on him and stop him cutting in and get on that right foot at all cost, it takes something special from him to score a goal these days. He hasn't been at his best this year, but certainly not as bad as some said.

15 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Hazard is the most marked player in the game. Generally opposition will put 2-3 players on him and stop him cutting in and get on that right foot at all cost, it takes something special from him to score a goal these days. He hasn't been at his best this year, but certainly not as bad as some said.

This is a good point.

Something I've noticed over the years is how often he is fouled, and after looking it up he's been the most fouled player in the Premier League since his arrival in England.

Every team tries to mark/take him out of the game and end up trying to scare/annoy him by repetitive fouls. He very rarely finds the space to run and take on defences without being chopped down, and typically as he's trying to cut in and shoot he is being taken down before the opportunity comes.

If he can find a way to counter this and add an extra 5-7 goals a season to his name he's undoubtedly one of the world's best, as all the odds are against him from the outset.

1 hour ago, Batshuayi said:

Something I've noticed over the years is how often he is fouled, and after looking it up he's been the most fouled player in the Premier League since his arrival in England.

I wasn't able to find (with a quick a google search) proof, but I remember hearing that he was the most fouled player in the French league when he played there.

17 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Yeah, he's way up on last season - although that wasn't hard to do - but not quite at his blistering best from a couple of years ago. I agree with some of the points about how he's being defended though - teams seem to have wised up a bit. Still, exceptional player.

17 hours ago, Maksimov said:

I wasn't able to find (with a quick a google search) proof, but I remember hearing that he was the most fouled player in the French league when he played there.

Hazard definitely has been the most fouled this season, a couple of January articles stating he has been and I'm sure not much has changed.

And I remember commentators it was the same during his good campaign in 2014/15, not so sure about last season but overall I think he still has been from knowledge.

But it's no surprise, his low center of gravity coupled with his dribbling ability just winds defenders up and they take him down which makes his job a lot harder.

On March 1, 2017 at 05:38, Barrettinator said:

Absolutely not. Learning to shoot more when there's an opening takes nothing away from his overall game. It adds to it. Especially when he's in and around the box. No one is saying he needs to shoot as much as Ronaldo. Just shoot a little more. He has the technique and so he's pretty accurate with his shots when he does shoot, much more than most players at his level. Which is why it's frustrating when he doesn't. Believe it or not but we'll need him to do a bit more of that if we want to win the CL.

He had an opening to shoot vs Swansea but instead he went down the byline and gave Costa a tap in, that's what i love the most personally, he basically plays percentages in his head. 

1 hour ago, Argo said:

He had an opening to shoot vs Swansea but instead he went down the byline and gave Costa a tap in, that's what i love the most personally, he basically plays percentages in his head. 

Just watched that incredible move again, it was the classical Hazard, he ran past the Swansea guy like he wasn't there. Costa showed a lot of appreciation after he scored the goal :good2:

Edited by PythonLu

2 hours ago, Argo said:

Learning to shoot more isn't necessarily the same thing as shooting every time. As it stands, he probably takes 3 shots out of every 10 openings. It wouldn't hurt for him to increase it to 5 or 6. I don't know if those figures are accurate, I'm just taking a good guess but you get what I mean.

Edited by Barrettinator

22 minutes ago, Nibs said:

At times he is simply sublime. We just don't look the same threatening side when he is not on the pitch.

That's because we definitely aren't, even if Hazard is of his game he ties up 2 defenders whenever we have the ball freeing space for others.

Last night was Hazard at his best.

He is incredibly dangerous on the counter because of his pace, dribbling and ability to play 1-2's with teammates.  

His West Ham goal was not unlike those scored against Everton and Arsenal.