Chelsea face Hull City in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Friday before successive games against Barcelona, Manchester United and Manchester City. “We are ready,” said Hazard. “It wasn’t a good moment for us, losing the last two matches, but now we are back. We are Chelsea. We are the champions and we need to give everything. We need to be in the top four for the Champions League next season, and we have a lot of games still to play. We will go for everything: we have a good team, good players, and we will give everything to reach our targets. When you play for Chelsea, you have to win trophies.”

THIS GUY GETS IT

Edited by TheChelseaBlues
2 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Chelsea face Hull City in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Friday before successive games against Barcelona, Manchester United and Manchester City. “We are ready,” said Hazard. “It wasn’t a good moment for us, losing the last two matches, but now we are back. We are Chelsea. We are the champions and we need to give everything. We need to be in the top four for the Champions League next season, and we have a lot of games still to play. We will go for everything: we have a good team, good players, and we will give everything to reach our targets. When you play for Chelsea, you have to win trophies.”

THIS GUY GETS IT

True that. and the least of the least targets is Top4. If we dont make that, there is no way we can load on to him

Some still claim he's overrated but f**k me, where would we be without this "overrated" player. The guy is just on a different level, just about everything that was any good last night from us had Hazard at the centre of it. Dread to think of a Chelsea side without Hazard in it.

Don't get why so many people think he is off. He said in the past he'd only leave on a high and this season isn't exactly a high. He also puts his family first so why would he move his wife and his young children to another country to learn another language, make new friends etc? I see him staying for a while yet. 

2 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

I think he isn’t consistent enough but I also agree we’d be f**ked without him. However I’m resigned to the fact he’s off in the Summer. We just need to spend the money wisely.

I think he is consistent tbh. He's good to exceptional most games. Even in this period where the team have been poor, He's still been pur best player. He might not score goals week in, week out, but he creates chances every game. 

Id say he is the most consistent attacking midfielder in Europe. Certainly more than coutinho, Eriksen, isco, etc. 

15 goals so far this season, it could easily be his best goal scoring season for us, despite missing preseason, and recovering from a broken ankle. 

I hope he stays, He's probably my favourite chelsea player ever now. 

He has two years to run on his contract, and no doubt Real will be offering big money this summer. We try to get him to sign a new deal but if he doesn't, I would make him stay one more year, and I'd give the armband.

Maybe a year being captain might make him change his mind but if it doesn't no matter, he should have the armband anyway. He's our best player and he's our leader. 

No matter how bad things were we always knew going into crunch games like Barca, City away, Utd away, cup finals and semi-finals etc, we had players who could pull it out of the bag, not only because of their ability, but more importantly their character and their mentality. We no longer have those players. Those tough, tough players. Terry, Lampard, Ivanovic, Cole, Cech, Drogba. Now we have a real shortage of leaders and a real shortage of personality. Hazard has real personality. He drove us over the line in two title-winning campaigns, and lest we forget, he came on for the second-half against Spurs in the Battle of the Bridge and completely turned the game on its head.

Give him the armband. He can keep it warm until Ampadu takes it. Hazard will go with my blessing if he decides to leave. He's already given us 5 or 6 years. He's the best player I've ever seen in a blue shirt. I hope he stays but nobody can begrudge him his move if he wants it.

If I were Chelsea I'd be offering him the earth.

1 hour ago, Davey Baby said:

He has two years to run on his contract, and no doubt Real will be offering big money this summer. We try to get him to sign a new deal but if he doesn't, I would make him stay one more year, and I'd give the armband.

Maybe a year being captain might make him change his mind but if it doesn't no matter, he should have the armband anyway. He's our best player and he's our leader. 

Been saying all summer give him the armband, but people said 'not captain material', when we had Diego here we couldn't do it, Costa was always pushing hazard around (jokingly), imagine Eden trying to 'have a word' with him.

But defo should of been given the armband in August, and told to sign on the dotted line.

11 hours ago, zes said:

He is 27 years old. Do Madrid even sign players over the age of 25? If we make top 4 I see him staying as long as the club show ambition. 

I was thinking this aswell. Real are no longer the financial force they once were, I'm not sure they would be willing to break their transfer record for a player who will turn 28 next season. I think dybala, icardi, Kane, and possibly Salah would all be more likely targets for them. 

I hope Zidane gets the boot, because I think he would be the one pushing Perez to move for hazard. 

Agree with @Davey Baby, I wouldn't entertain selling him this summer anyway.

Good points about Real. Looking at their recent transfer activity I was surprised to see that they haven't splashed 'big' money on anybody since James Rodriquez in 2014 for £67 million. Since then, the oldest and most expensive outfield player they have signed was Morata (£27 million, 23 years old) in 2016. So a big money offer for Hazard would be very out of character for them these days, which is of some comfort.

I think he wants to stay. He has been with us for 6 years now amid all the speculations with Real over the years. But he is being let down by the club forcing him to play alongside the likes of Bakayoko and Drinkwater. Hope we get someone like Leon Bailey so that he's happier to stay here. 

On 14/02/2018 at 13:55, jack_super_class said:

Signing better players in attacking areas is a better way to convince him to stay than giving him the armband. Buying players like Mahrez.

100000% Jack!

Hazard wants to play at top level, he wants to have a chance of winning the Champions League. He didn't say I choose Chelsea on twitter, he said I choose the Champions of Europe. He was a Real Madrid fan as a child and he's always shared the ambition for playing for them at Lille. What could make Hazard stay here would be good players around him that match his ambition. He must get frustrated when he's the one doing all the work in attack and the rest around him just aren't good enough.

I've said it before we aren't signing enough superstars to stay relevant, Arsenal even signed Aubamayang. We laugh at United spending 80 odd million on a player but they make that back instantly and they more often than not get a good player out of it. Our penny-pinching ways aren't helping the situation, and don't give me that "We can't afford to spend big" we spent 200 million this season! 

Why didn't we go for James Rodriguez when he was wanting to leave Madrid? Why didn't we try to sign Bernado Silva when only City were in for him? We could have got a deal clinched up right away like City & Bayern did instead of chasing around for squad players and spending 80 million on two midfielders who have no future here. 

Our last 3 transfer windows have been awful and surely Hazard can see that. 

Edited by Slojo
On 2/13/2018 at 15:25, RIP Mourinho said:

Don't get why so many people think he is off. He said in the past he'd only leave on a high and this season isn't exactly a high. He also puts his family first so why would he move his wife and his young children to another country to learn another language, make new friends etc? I see him staying for a while yet. 

If we dont get TOP4, I think he is off for sure. Lets be honest, he is a top 5 player in the world. And any such player would want to play in the CL and try to win it. 

On 13/02/2018 at 06:55, Nibs said:

Some still claim he's overrated but f**k me, where would we be without this "overrated" player. The guy is just on a different level, just about everything that was any good last night from us had Hazard at the centre of it. Dread to think of a Chelsea side without Hazard in it.

I don't think there's much chance of Eden staying in the summer, as Real Madrid need an overhaul and Hazard is a big part of that, but if some how he did, I really think he should be made captain. 

The club should take a stand and tell Real Madrid the only way they will get Hazard is if they give us Isco or Asensio plus 100 mill on top of that or else they can f**k off. If they take the deal we can use the money to get Leon Bailey which will be good for our squad bringing the age down and adding two quality players since Pedro is already 30 and Willian just about to turn 30 soon.