41 minutes ago, Famous CFC said:

I think a few posters on here are the Hazard brothers. Would make a lot of sense. Another average performance from this so called world class performer. Was only one world class player on show for Chelsea today. 

Or maybe we haven't forgotten about everything Hazard has done for us this season. So he's going through a bit of dip in form right now, it happens to all players, even world class ones. You have been getting on Hazard's back a lot of late, where is the same criticism for the rest of the squad who have been off form since the season started? The only ones that have shown any consistency at certain points this season are Hazard, Christensen, Rudiger and Kante, the rest have been up and down throughout, including the player in your profile pic who you can't seem to find any fault with.

24 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hazard's going through his first dip in form in 2 years and people are now getting on his back. See how quickly people forget just how important he was for us last season and this season. It was only a few weeks back people were saying that we were screwed without Hazard. Hazard has been dragging us along all season and has more often than not been our only player contributing to the attack, that seems to have been forgotten about by a lot of people of late though.

All of a sudden Willian is a player of the season candidate (even though he only started performing 5 months after the season started ) and Hazard shouldn't be even considered. A run of poor games from Hazard and some people have already forgotten about what he has done this season.

People have very short memories, like I said on the Morata thread, too many fickle people. 

Willian was absolutely slandered to bits more than a month ago and now many see him as player of the year. I do actually criticise Hazard a lot, but I've been criticising him all season, not just now. I don't think he's done enough, but that doesn't mean I want him sold, that doesn't mean I don't think he's our best player in the team. 

The players who are not performing as much as you say are not on the Hazard level so we can kinda understand that. But we are on about a so called top top player. People talk about Hazard like his sh*t doesn't stink, so when he isn't performing up to these high standards he's apparently got, folk are entitled to get on him. He's done alright this year, but for a man of such high quality he also been very average in other games, and been almost nonexistent. Too many folk are way too high on this guy. Talented player for sure we all know that. Way too inconsistent. Hopefully his form improves, because at the moment Kante and Willian along with the amazing, untouchable Alonso are the ones making the plays going forward. 

Never slated Willian once before you go off on a tangent. 

And slojo, you know who the fickle ones are. I can recall Scott Harris giving a player some(might have been Willian) then loving him the next. Too many fickle as I indeed said after the Matic love when he scored against Palace. 

Edited by Famous CFC
6 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

The players who are not performing as much as you say are not on the Hazard level so we can kinda understand that. But we are on about a so called top top player. People talk about Hazard like his sh*t doesn't stink, so when he isn't performing up to these high standards he's apparently got, folk are entitled to get on him. He's done alright this year, but for a man of such high quality he also been very average in other games, and been almost nonexistent. Too many folk are way too high on this guy. Talented player for sure we all know that. Way too inconsistent. Hopefully his form improves, because at the moment Kante and Willian along with the amazing, untouchable Alonso are the ones making the plays going forward. 

And slojo, you know who the fickle ones are. I can recall Scott Harris giving a player some(might have been Willian) then loving him the next. Too many fickle as I indeed said after the Matic love when he scored against Palace. 

If you look at the comments without trying to find any context behind them, then sure, it would look fickle. I have criticised him in the past because the level he is playing at now is something that should have been the norm throughout Willian's career with us, now that we are finally seeing it, of course i am going to praise him, but i have also said that he now needs to continue with this going forward. That isn't fickle. Fickle would be me saying Willian has never been good enough or had the talent to play for us, and then saying he is brilliant and should be player of the year because of a few months of good football.

He has played 22 games, not the most yet has been injured for the first few matches. He has carried the team a lot and been played out of position as the central striker and taking some heavy knocks.

The only players that have played more games are Courtois, Kante,  Azpi and Alonso.

I kind of think he might be due a rest.............

http://www.bounder.friardale.co.uk/Summaries/2017.htm

11 hours ago, Famous CFC said:

I've agreed with you on Hazard to a certain extent, I just don't think he's way too overhyped or overrated. My argument is that he doesn't do enough for a player of his calibre. When I watch Hazard play and see the things he's capable of I know he has that hidden potential. He can dribble past defenders with ease, he just doesn't do it enough. He can score from anywhere, he just doesn't shoot enough. He can get himself in great positions, but he'll look for the pass rather than the shot and overplay his hand until its rendered useless, it's like a lack of instincts. You had Salah skip past 3 Watford defenders and score a goal, why doesn't Hazard try that? He's capable of these very things but he really lacks that intent. I honestly believe Klopp would get a lot out of Hazard if he was at Liverpool and it hurts me to say that.

I think people are understandable fickle with Willian, I criticised people slating him earlier in the season because he's a good squad player and he goes through patches. But he also took a holiday through a crucial part of the season, now he's firing again. I can't remember Scott going overboard though.  

Edited by Slojo
3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

When he's out of form Eden don't half stink up the joint. 

Been pretty poor for a few weeks now and looks almost unmotivated and lazy. 

Maybe the international break will help refresh him and he'll kick on with some big performance up to the end of the season. 

I thought yesterday he either looked very tired...or more worryingly completely disinterested.

Remember Hazard didn't have a pre-season because of his broken ankle and didn't play his first game until late September. It's not unusual for players to start flagging late-on in the season when their fitness levels haven't been 100% from the off.

6 hours ago, dkw said:

I thought yesterday he either looked very tired...or more worryingly completely disinterested.

My take on it too, he's not looked at it since the City game. Possibly could be carrying an injury though you'd expect him to withdraw from the international squad if this was the case.

Lazy, arrogant, feckless, is what he was against Leicester. 

I just kept thinking of that cracking goal against Arsenal he scored a while back, running past about 6 of their players and calmly slotting it past Cech. 

Where has that Hazard gone? I have a feeling he has downed tools already, until we sell him in the summer 

• 2 weeks later...