53 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Chelsea aren't in a position to sell their best player so if he does go he'll have to go for a good amount of money, and I'm talking the crazy amount that players like Coutinho went for. 

Would Madrid/Barcelona be willing to risk that? I know Hazard is unplayable when he's on form but he's become of an inconsistent player as the years have gone by here. If he had a sh*t hot season like we were all expecting I would definitely be worried about him going, but now I'm not. Not when you've got Mohammad Salah who is outshining everyone currently, all the eyes should be on him not Hazard. 

I think Barcelona would prefer Salah over Hazard. Barcelona wouldn't have been impressed after watching him up close and personal. 27 seems the right age to move on if that's what he wants. Who knows eh. But after the sh*t show he's put on over the month or so, who's going to want him anyways. Also, whos to say Chelsea want to keep him if they think they might get a top offer for him. If he's average in the World Cup he can kiss goodbye to any dream move he had planned. People can defend him left right and centre, but the truth is, of late, he's been bang average. And even if he stays what Hazard will get next season? A guy who turns it on for a few months then goes missing? If so, try cash in now. It's going to be an interesting off season. 

Edited by Famous CFC

1 hour ago, Famous CFC said:

I think Barcelona would prefer Salah over Hazard. Barcelona wouldn't have been impressed after watching him up close and personal. 27 seems the right age to move on if that's what he wants. Who knows eh. But after the sh*t show he's put on over the month or so, who's going to want him anyways. Also, whos to say Chelsea want to keep him if they think they might get a top offer for him. If he's average in the World Cup he can kiss goodbye to any dream move he had planned. People can defend him left right and centre, but the truth is, of late, he's been bang average. And even if he stays what Hazard will get next season? A guy who turns it on for a few months then goes missing? If so, try cash in now. It's going to be an interesting off season. 

Doesn't that show how good if he's still creating more chances than the whole rest of the team put together? As for Salah, Madrid might choose him instead but Barca? No chance.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I personally think no cl football means he won't sign a new deal. If that is right we have to sell. You cannot let a player of this ability walk for peanuts.

If he doesn't sign we need to sell.

If he played as consistently well as he did last year and 3 years ago we should keep. But he isn't our Ronaldo / Messi / kane / De gea because he doesn't do it regularly enough. 

As it turns out, he created more clear chances than anyone else in the PL this weekend. Despite him being far from his best and the team being off. Even when he's supposedly playing sh*te like on Sunday he's still in or around the top off most of the positive attacking stats, so this notion about him being inconsistent doesn't really add up.

I doubt many want to see him go but, it's looking like the only way Hazard will be truly judged as to how good he is is by moving to a side where the supporting cast has a level of ability in the same ball park. If I were him I'd look at the steady decline at Chelsea and not think twice about moving on. You only get one career and he's not exactly a youth prospect at 27. I'm sure we can sign Danny Cademarteri to replace him. He's only been retired four years and I'm sure if we give him a couple of seasons to get fit and settle in he'll come good and realise the potential that he had in his early career.

if he wants to leave, then no choice but to cash in. i would say if hazard goes, give hudson-odoi that spot. rashford came into that utd side at 18, and i think martial was the same age. there was talk of that leon bailly, but he's 19/20 so only a couple years difference. give CHO a pre-season and see how he gets on. not really sure who else would be out there to take hazard's place anyhow. 

Don't get it with Eden sometimes, he is capable of so much more. When he is at it then he is easily the best player in the PL. He has so much of natural talent I don't get why he is so inconsistent. At 27 I already thought we would be the in the top 5 players in Europe. Seems he is content with just being good, such a shame as he has all the talent and ability to be great. Having said that he is still our best player and we depend alot on  him, I also love watching him play. He has played key roles in our last 2 title wins & if he stays and we add more quality in & around him I'm sure we would do well. 

Eden is a cracking little player on his day. A joy to watch, and a player who makes me smile as much as Zola did in the 90s.

That said, he can't do it all on his own, and i don't think he is ever going to be the consistent machine many here hope for.

I will continue to enjoy his play for as long as he stays, and hope that his supposed lack of drive means he will stay here for a few more years yet.

Perfectly understandable if he wants to go. We are nowhere near challenging for the champions league, and it would be reasonable for any top tier player to want to try and compete to win that. 

If he does go, then i hope he is remembered as fondly as Zola, although given the somewhat unrealistic expectations from some on here, I don't imagine he will be.

Being a Chelsea fan was far more simple back in the day, when fans turned up with hope, but not expectation, and were simply happy to appreciate the skill of a cracking ball, piece of control, flick, dribble etc etc....now we all want end product, all of the time. Would love to see how Franco would fare on these message boards, I bet he would get ripped apart for not being consistent enough!

40 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Eden is a cracking little player on his day. A joy to watch, and a player who makes me smile as much as Zola did in the 90s.

That said, he can't do it all on his own, and i don't think he is ever going to be the consistent machine many here hope for.

I will continue to enjoy his play for as long as he stays, and hope that his supposed lack of drive means he will stay here for a few more years yet.

Perfectly understandable if he wants to go. We are nowhere near challenging for the champions league, and it would be reasonable for any top tier player to want to try and compete to win that. 

If he does go, then i hope he is remembered as fondly as Zola, although given the somewhat unrealistic expectations from some on here, I don't imagine he will be.

Being a Chelsea fan was far more simple back in the day, when fans turned up with hope, but not expectation, and were simply happy to appreciate the skill of a cracking ball, piece of control, flick, dribble etc etc....now we all want end product, all of the time. Would love to see how Franco would fare on these message boards, I bet he would get ripped apart for not being consistent enough!

Nevermind Zola, Messi and Ronaldo's figures has distorted reality to the point not even Figo and Ronaldinho would be truly appreciated if they were around today. If we ever come across a goalscoring fullback they will start getting judged on goals aswell :laugh2:

Hazard is a top player for sure...

That being said his on-pitch ambition is lacking. He is capable of attacking the box and the last line of defense a lot more than he does but he often passes up those opportunities and instead lays it off to players with half his talent. Between the boxes he is brilliant but that is Chelsea's problem in a nut shell. All dazzle between the boxes with nothing to show for it and it is symptomatic of our top players, especially Hazard. 

It has become an unacceptable trait of his and I would be more than happy to sell him for 175 mil and buy other players. 

Salah has had one real EPL season and has already surpassed Hazard's accomplishments and stature.

9 hours ago, Saaladin said:

Hazard is a top player for sure...

That being said his on-pitch ambition is lacking. He is capable of attacking the box and the last line of defense a lot more than he does but he often passes up those opportunities and instead lays it off to players with half his talent. Between the boxes he is brilliant but that is Chelsea's problem in a nut shell. All dazzle between the boxes with nothing to show for it and it is symptomatic of our top players, especially Hazard. 

It has become an unacceptable trait of his and I would be more than happy to sell him for 175 mil and buy other players. 

Salah has had one real EPL season and has already surpassed Hazard's accomplishments and stature.

No he hasn't, he has to win something at the highest level to make a dent on Hazard's achievements.

52 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

No he hasn't, he has to win something at the highest level to make a dent on Hazard's achievements.

A golden boot (Maybe???) is better than 2 PLs and a couple of TOTY and a player of the year accomplishment. It's the type of sh*t you'd hear from liverpool fans but people are really wanting to turn up the self loathing to 11 when we are losing.

Edited by Stim
9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't agree because I am simply talking about individual accomplishment. 

The golden boot is one thing. They both play wing so for Salah to win golden boot as a winger is pretty impressive and maybe the last winger to do that in the EPL was Ronaldo?

Also, we are talking about what the player does in big matches. How many truly big matches has Hazard taken over and won for Chelsea either in the EPL or when it really counts in Champions league? There are a few for sure that I can think of but Salah has been doing all season against all the top teams in both competitions.

Hazard simply doesn't have the drive to impose himself on matches in more meaningful ways.

22 minutes ago, Saaladin said:

I don't agree because I am simply talking about individual accomplishment. 

The golden boot is one thing. They both play wing so for Salah to win golden boot as a winger is pretty impressive and maybe the last winger to do that in the EPL was Ronaldo?

Also, we are talking about what the player does in big matches. How many truly big matches has Hazard taken over and won for Chelsea either in the EPL or when it really counts in Champions league? There are a few for sure that I can think of but Salah has been doing all season against all the top teams in both competitions.

Hazard simply doesn't have the drive to impose himself on matches in more meaningful ways.

I think that is the key point.   If I am not mistaken, for the past three seasons (maybe more), Eden is/was the most fouled player in the Premier League.  This season, he does not give a damn, and has decided to pass the ball as soon as he gets it (recall all of the flick passes he has made over the past 10 games or so?), so that he won't get hurt.  Perhaps it is due to the upcoming World Cup and his desire to not be injured prior to that, perhaps it is due to Conte turning the team into a bunch of players who no longer give a damn, who know?   In any event, Eden is not the player he has been for us the past few seasons, and I am not sure I blame him for that.

1 minute ago, Phillip said:

I think that is the key point.   If I am not mistaken, for the past three seasons (maybe more), Eden is/was the most fouled player in the Premier League.  This season, he does not give a damn, and has decided to pass the ball as soon as he gets it (recall all of the flick passes he has made over the past 10 games or so?), so that he won't get hurt.  Perhaps it is due to the upcoming World Cup and his desire to not be injured prior to that, perhaps it is due to Conte turning the team into a bunch of players who no longer give a damn, who know?   In any event, Eden is not the player he has been for us the past few seasons, and I am not sure I blame him for that.

I blame him 100% if he was playing to his capability we would have been in the top 4. 

Hazard has become the best passer in the EPL. We don't need that...

On top of that, he is refusing to sign a contract that can at least give us leverage with Real Madrid in the transfer window.

2 minutes ago, Saaladin said:

I blame him 100% if he was playing to his capability we would have been in the top 4. 

Hazard has become the best passer in the EPL. We don't need that...

On top of that, he is refusing to sign a contract that can at least give us leverage with Real Madrid in the transfer window.

he's been double marked at times, its the other players who failed to pose some threat 

7 minutes ago, Stim said:

Bit harsh to pin our league position on him alone innit :|

I don't think its harsh because in reality we are talking about 2-3 more wins. 

If Hazard is playing the way he should we get those extra points and more. 

He refuses to take people on - he refuses to attack the penalty area. It's a massive loss of penetration which is Chelsea's biggest problem this season.