11 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

One thing I've noticed about Eden is that he doesn't seem as quick anymore. Has anybody else noticed that or is it just me?

Last season, he was brilliant but so was Costa until Feb. Kante, Luiz & Azpilicueta were also brilliant.

I think it's because he literally carried us in 14/15 which made him look much more superior. I don't think he's not as a good, I just think everyone else has caught up.

Too much weight on his shoulders since Costa left.

Partly down to him being the only regular in our mix n match attack.

Apparently and a bit surprisingly to me, according to stats he is having his best/most productive season ever:

Best career minutes per goal ratio
Best career shots per game 
Best career chances created per game
Best career dribbles attempted per game

And in comparison to other players:
By far the most completed dribbles in the league (in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, not all 5 thanks to 15/16 of course)

On 03/05/2018 at 15:24, dansubrosa said:

A few on a different forum (a few Liverpool fans) reckons Hazard has lost his spark a year or two ago, he’s still scoring but he’s not quite the same anymore. 

I agree to an extent but I still think he’s invaluable and only needs the right manager to have him firing on all cylinders. Imagine him under Klopp or Guardiola for example.

I bet that shut them up after his performance today. He was excellent and they couldn't deal with him.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It must be a great incentive for you to play well and be rewarded with a substitution every game. 

It's Conte's worst habit. His substitutions are awful. So many times he takes Hazard off when Hazard is needed on the pitch. You don't sub your best players when you are playing for a win. It was Giroud or Fabregas that needed to come off. If they came off, it may have given us a chance to finish the game off. Willian coming on changed nothing, we couldn't hold on to the ball because Fabregas and Giroud were exhausted.

21 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

It's Conte's worst habit. His substitutions are awful. So many times he takes Hazard off when Hazard is needed on the pitch. You don't sub your best players when you are playing for a win. It was Giroud or Fabregas that needed to come off. If they came off, it may have given us a chance to finish the game off. Willian coming on changed nothing, we couldn't hold on to the ball because Fabregas and Giroud were exhausted.

Baffled he didn't take Giroud off earlier for Willian. The counter was there for Hazard and a fresh Willian do wrap the game up.

14 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Baffled he didn't take Giroud off earlier for Willian. The counter was there for Hazard and a fresh Willian do wrap the game up.

He always makes the same subs in a 3-5-2. Hazard off for Willian and Moses off for Zappacosta. Literally every time. Regardless of if its logical or not. And regardless of the flow of the game. You shouldn't be baffled by something that happens every time.

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

He always makes the same subs in a 3-5-2. Hazard off for Willian and Moses off for Zappacosta. Literally every time. Regardless of if its logical or not. And regardless of the flow of the game. You shouldn't be baffled by something that happens every time.

Well i was baffled as its not like Hazard hasn't played CF this season, Giroud is too slow to be a threat for counter attacks.

2 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Well i was baffled as its not like Hazard hasn't played CF this season, Giroud is too slow to be a threat for counter attacks.

He's not interested in going for the 2nd goal. He wants a battering ram up front to win headers and keep possession. But Giroud struggled to win anything aerially and kept on misplacing passes. The logical thing to do was to replace him but Conte just does the same thing over and over regardless of the game situation. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

It must be a great incentive for you to play well and be rewarded with a substitution every game. 

I thought Eden looked knackered in the minutes leading up to his substitution, Giroud was a good outlet and Willian was his usual energetic self harassing their defence/midfield. Also Eden got a great send off from the fans. 

Fir about 20 minutes in the second half, Hazard literally turned into some sort of monster. 

He was on fire.

Best I've seen if him in a long time. 

It was almost as if after being kicked around the first half he decided "alright, you want it, you're getting it," and went out all guns blazing to make any Liverpool player near him look hopeless. 

When he plays like that yesterday he's impossible to mark.  Three defenders around him didn't matter, he glided past them as they kicked his legs and ripped his shirt.  I will say it again: we need to keep this player at all costs and put some damn attacking players/philosophy around him.  He's too good of a player to ask him to be a false 9 back to goal type and hold the ball up.  our team doesn't link well with him at all.  Willian is one of the few players that can play off Hazard's trickery and Willian barely starts anymore for whatever reason. Fabregas has a good enough football brain to play off Hazard as well but Fabregas doesn't have the physical body to do much anymore.  

Many times yesterday Hazard had the ball, marked by three people, waiting for someone on our team to do anything to try and help him out.  Run into the box, come to the ball, take defenders away...ANYTHING.  and they all just kind of stood aorund and did nothing so Hazard just put his head down and beat all defenders by himself.  We simply ask him to do too much...lets get some players around him Roman!

Agree 100% @TheChelsRVA

First I've seen of Fekir rumours, but that's the type of player that would really be on his wavelength. This guy is very similar, great dribbler, very strong, scores goals, creates goals and has the leadership, too.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/platform/amp/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/5/7/17325728/chelsea-interest-growing-in-60m-lyon-midfielder-report

Hazard, Fekir, Willian would be fantastic.

Watching this sude, it's clear there are two players in this squad who are head and shoulders above the rest. 

If they wanted to leave for the big two in Spain, the way the things have been going recently and how football is nowadays, it would be understandable. 

57 minutes ago, TheChelsRVA said:

When he plays like that yesterday he's impossible to mark.  Three defenders around him didn't matter, he glided past them as they kicked his legs and ripped his shirt.  I will say it again: we need to keep this player at all costs and put some damn attacking players/philosophy around him.  He's too good of a player to ask him to be a false 9 back to goal type and hold the ball up.  our team doesn't link well with him at all.  Willian is one of the few players that can play off Hazard's trickery and Willian barely starts anymore for whatever reason. Fabregas has a good enough football brain to play off Hazard as well but Fabregas doesn't have the physical body to do much anymore.  

Many times yesterday Hazard had the ball, marked by three people, waiting for someone on our team to do anything to try and help him out.  Run into the box, come to the ball, take defenders away...ANYTHING.  and they all just kind of stood aorund and did nothing so Hazard just put his head down and beat all defenders by himself.  We simply ask him to do too much...lets get some players around him Roman!

We've been saying the same thing for 4 or 5 years now and nothing has changed. The only players we've had that I feel have been on Eden's wave length are Mata and Cesc. And Mata played with him for one season really (not technically but yes) and Cesc is a central midfielder. And then there's the attacking philosophy. And what's crazy is some of our deluded fans still expect Eden to compete with Messi and Ronaldo. As if that's possible considering the two bolded parts of your comment. Even Ronaldo had a much stronger platform to be to be truly great at United. It's crazy we have such a great player but haven't done much to build on that. Our board has obviously been blinded by all the domestic success but its no surprise why we've struggled in Europe to do anything since 2012. Liverpool with inferior players to us but a (vastly) superior playing philosophy reached the Champions League finals. We need to take notes and act accordingly. Hiring Sarri and managers like that is the 1st step to making things right. 

1 hour ago, TheChelsRVA said:

You won't be getting much movement out of Giroud, Alonso, Baka and Fab. Imagine them in the 4 x relay :laugh2:. The 352 formation relies mainly on Hazard doing something on his own. 

6 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

He isn't as vocal or expressive about it like our legends of past but I'm sure he loves the club.

That being said he's probably kissed the badge more times than any other player we have. 

Willian has made a habit of kissing or pointing to the badge often.  I especially loved when he did it against spurs at home when Leicester won the league on the night spuds were hacking us down.  Same with azpi too but yes eden is great!  

Edited by TheChelsRVA