Jump to content

big blue

Eden Hazard

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Uno said:

You would think that if you have a new manager you would want to come back on time/even a day or two early and certainly in shape. Not ask for an extra day off and return a little chubby. Maybe that just the way I think. 

So much of that can be in the camera angle... even fitness models get a little roll-over when they are curving forward like that... the least of my concerns with Hazard is fitness... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Almost zero pre-season for Eden then, might not see him up to speed until September.

Same as last season, but he came in and started his season on fire. He was our stand out player in attack until January. I suppose the difference is that last season he was working out and staying fit to get that ankle back to normal, this season he has been chilling out and resting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Why would you think that? He's our best player if there is someone that has proven his quality that's him, and please not every footballer needs to look like Cristiano Ronaldo either.

UNO made a good point though; there is a reason why Ronaldo is still the best player in the world at 33. I can remember Mourinho’s last season when he came back well out of shape along with Costa & Fabregas. Can’t see him back in peak shape till late Sept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Uno said:

You would think that if you have a new manager you would want to come back on time/even a day or two early and certainly in shape. Not ask for an extra day off and return a little chubby. Maybe that just the way I think. 

You do realize these players essentially play for 11 months straight playing games or training. they only get 3 weeks off for an entire year and people then expect them to hit the gym in those 3 weeks. lol

Hazard's never been thin thin he's always been rather stocky. 

763?appId=2dc96dd3f167e919913d808324cbfe

He doesn't look chubby in this pic. Like already said in this thread everyone has their gut spilling out when their bending over. Unless you're really thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Said he wanted to see who we signed before committing his future, is signing Jorginho alone enough of a sign of ambition to make him stay?

What’s the likelihood he waits out to see who we sign in the coming days and if it’s no one he requests a move to Madrid? 

Veratti demanded PSG showed more ambition with their signings a couple of years ago and they went out and signed Neymar and Mbappe.

Hazard asks us to show some ambition and we sign Rob Green. 

I mean, come Chels...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ducavis said:

UNO made a good point though; there is a reason why Ronaldo is still the best player in the world at 33. I can remember Mourinho’s last season when he came back well out of shape along with Costa & Fabregas. Can’t see him back in peak shape till late Sept.

You are basing this on 1 pic where he is bend and doesn't have a six pack ::clap2::

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hazard10 said:

You do realize these players essentially play for 11 months straight playing games or training. they only get 3 weeks off for an entire year and people then expect them to hit the gym in those 3 weeks. lol

Hazard's never been thin thin he's always been rather stocky. 

763?appId=2dc96dd3f167e919913d808324cbfe

He doesn't look chubby in this pic. Like already said in this thread everyone has their gut spilling out when their bending over. Unless you're really thin.

Such a heart warming family picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know what happened with my last post, but can't get it to show any words!

Was posting to reply to the "heartwarming family picture" post.

What the picture doesn't show you is that the kid is being a little sh*t and Eden is threatening to throw him head first into the rocky sea. 

...2 posts for that. Totally worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hazard10 said:

You do realize these players essentially play for 11 months straight playing games or training. they only get 3 weeks off for an entire year and people then expect them to hit the gym in those 3 weeks. lol

 

Regular people work 9 hours a day and still have to pay their own gym membership to go to the gym after work to stay in shape. If you're being paid £250k a week the least you can do is hit the gym for an hour or two to stay in shape for your job that is giving you ridiculous amounts of money. No one expects him to cancel his holiday and have a full 3 week training program, just don't come back over weight like he has before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back at training and apparently there's a big fat, juicy £300k a week contract waiting for him and maybe the offer of the captaincy. 

Wonder if it'll be enough to make him want to stay? 

Personally I think we need to pull something out of the bag in the transfer window, show some real ambition or Hazard's going to start looking for the exit, if not this summer but next. 

No way does he put pen to paper on a 5 year deal at such a crucial stage in his career when our squad is looking bloated with under par players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Regular people work 9 hours a day and still have to pay their own gym membership to go to the gym after work to stay in shape. If you're being paid £250k a week the least you can do is hit the gym for an hour or two to stay in shape for your job that is giving you ridiculous amounts of money. No one expects him to cancel his holiday and have a full 3 week training program, just don't come back over weight like he has before. 

Let's just agree not to discuss this because the other side always can twist it easily - the regular people see their families every day, the regular people get free time during the Christmas and Easter, the regular people could have become football players if they hadn't been lazyfu*ks during as  teens - you see, it's easy. 

Let's not involve the class stratification in football discussions. 

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Giordano_Bruno said:

Let's just agree not to discuss this because the other side always can twist it easily - the regular people see their families every day, the regular people get free time during the Christmas and Easter, the regular people could have become football player if they hadn't been lazyfu*ks during as  teens - you see, it's easy. 

Let's not involve the class stratification in football discussions. 

You do realise footballers probably see their families more than us regular folk. They have training for a couple of hours a day and a bit of tactics. Probably in Cobham for a few hours, then they can go home to see their families in their mansions. 2 week Christmas break is coming to the prem, so once again the poor footballers get to see their families and have a big juicy turkey around their thick marble dinner table. All this and all we ask is they stay in shape, hard life eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Said he wanted to see who we signed before committing his future, is signing Jorginho alone enough of a sign of ambition to make him stay?

What’s the likelihood he waits out to see who we sign in the coming days and if it’s no one he requests a move to Madrid? 

Veratti demanded PSG showed more ambition with their signings a couple of years ago and they went out and signed Neymar and Mbappe.

Hazard asks us to show some ambition and we sign Rob Green.  

I mean, come Chels... 



Only Chelsea fans can moan about a 4th choice keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverCarefree said:

Yes, because that's exactly the point I was making. 

10/10 for wilful ignorance though.  

That's rich, considering "Hazard asks us to show some ambition and we sign Rob Green" totally ignoring the signing of one of the best CM's in world football to suit an agenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Argo said:

That's rich, considering "Hazard asks us to show some ambition and we sign Rob Green" totally ignoring the signing of one of the best CM's in world football to suit an agenda.

One of the worlds best midfielders based on what exactly? Pass completion stats? 

Do you really think one notable signing is going to appease Hazard? 

The comment about Green is to highlight our overall lack of activity in the market, we had a third choice goalkeeper in Eduardo but we sent him on loan to Vitesse for some bizarre reason or the lad Bulka looks more than capable as well but rather than focusing on improving a team that failed to meet its target last season we’re pissing about signing Rob Green.

Bury your head in the sand and tell yourself everything is hunky dory if that’s what makes you feel better but some of us like to acknowledge our poor showing in the transfer market over the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

One of the worlds best midfielders based on what exactly? Pass completion stats? 

Do you really think one notable signing is going to appease Hazard? 

The comment about Green is to highlight our overall lack of activity in the market, we had a third choice goalkeeper in Eduardo but we sent him on loan to Vitesse for some bizarre reason or the lad Bulka looks more than capable as well but rather than focusing on improving a team that failed to meet its target last season we’re pissing about signing Rob Green.

Bury your head in the sand and tell yourself everything is hunky dory if that’s what makes you feel better but some of us like to acknowledge our poor showing in the transfer market over the last few years.

I never said it's hunky dory, but it's not doomsday and relegation to the Nationwide conference either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...