big blue

Eden Hazard

We are incapable of showing ambition for whatever reason..........and if the Club cant see how lackluster our team has become, then they never will. This was THE summer to get us going, show hunger and Desire, get rid of the average players and bring a couple of quality in.....no not 15 new signings, just a few good players. That ought to be well within our seemingly skint abilities. Make no mistake, Sarri is under pressure.

Edited by atomis

1 hour ago, Argo said:

I never said it's hunky dory, but it's not doomsday and relegation to the Nationwide conference either.

It's not but is it good enough to justify one of the best 5 players in the world to sign a new contract effectively keeping him at Chelsea for the remainder of his (peak) career? 

My personal opinion right now, is no, it's not. 

It's been many years since Chelsea sold players to perceived bigger teams just for the money, we just don't do it.
We leave that to Spuds, Arse and victimpool.
If the club don't get what they want for Hazard he will stay and see out his time with us. Which will have been 8-9 yrs...  An awful lot more than the aforementioned clubs kept any of their star players. 

38 minutes ago, chelseablueboy said:

It's been many years since Chelsea sold players to perceived bigger teams just for the money, we just don't do it.
We leave that to Spuds, Arse and victimpool.
If the club don't get what they want for Hazard he will stay and see out his time with us. Which will have been 8-9 yrs...  An awful lot more than the aforementioned clubs kept any of their star players. 

Agree with the first point though with the second players can push for a move.

Denied his apparent 'dream move' yet still turns up to training when required and absolutely no moaning from the bloke. Model professional. Certainly going down as one of the Chelsea greats in my eyes.

1 minute ago, strangebutblue said:

Hazard will go next season when he to will only have a year left on his deal. Im just happy we have him for one more season as he will be key for us. 

And will go for a fraction of his value, unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

That's what I am hoping for. Madrid also have Asensio, who is top quality, Isco, and Bale

They also vinivius junior the 18 year old Brazilian they bought for £40m, so maybe they aren't as keen as the media would have us think.

1 hour ago, strangebutblue said:

Hazard will go next season when he to will only have a year left on his deal. Im just happy we have him for one more season as he will be key for us. 

That's the positivity we like around these parts 

I dont buy this hazard and Courtois joined at the hip crap.  Like ya maybe that's how he feels in a short peroid of time, but he was happy to be here before TC was here so it's not improbable to think he can be made happy post TC.

I feel the "we're sticking together" is fairly recent and more indicative of the circumstances they shared (Mourinho and Conte regimes they disliked) rather than a genuine deep bond between them  Two players who feel they are the best (or among them) at their position in the same "bad situation" (if they felt this way and clearly to an extent they did), sharing the same nationality etc etc completely reasonable that they would develop that sense of bond as a result, but it’d be a bond held together by the circumstances they shared rather than their own personalities …… I reinforce this belief because at what other point did they influence each other’s career path?  Eden joined for reasons other than TC and TC joined for reasons outside of Eden.  They don't appear to really be best friends in their leisure time (I don't follow this, but I suspect I would have heard and fuss made about it in some fashion if they were) and you don't make career choices on a person unless their is a deep deep bond or you were attracted to that choice regardless of that person.

I posit that if Eden becomes happy with his circumstances , if he can play in a CFC team competitive at the top level playing an attacking brand of football he likes, he will care not whether TC is between the posts or if an equally competent or even better GK replaces him.  Now if he really just wants to play for RM at some point and is using TC as an excuse to try and force it, that is another matter.  I somehow suspect that if TC was ever going somewhere other than RM, Hazard would not have claimed he’d be going with him.

Thank goodness we went for an attacking manager in Sarri rather than another pragmatic manager like Conte, or even if we stuck with Conte.

Having Sarri in gives us a huge chance to tie Hazard up for good, I feel if we stuck with Conte then Hazard will stay for one more year out of respect for the club and move to Real Madrid. Hopefully Sarriball will work and Hazard absolutely love it, decides to stay.

We really can't begrudge him if he decides to go next year though, he could have done what Courtois did this summer. I guess he's a classy bloke, unlike that big nosed twat.

I've said from the beginning hazard wouldn't be bought for more than 125m by madrid. The deal was never on the cards for me.

In a year's time he won't be any more attractive to Madrid and I doubt they'd spend the 70m we would demand then for a 29 year old who doesn't score a lot 

Apparently fergie once told Rooney we bid 30m and that's all we thought he was worth. Made him stay there then and hopefully that will keep hazard with us. 

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Confident he’ll sign a new contract and become the club captain. 

I don't think I have wanted to see somebody sign a new deal so much since Lampard in 2008. I remember Sky Sports News at the time saying the club were just about to hold a press conference involving news on Lampard's future. I was crapping myself, i was so relieved when it was announced that he signed a 5 year deal.

If the day comes that Hazard signs a new 5 year deal, I will probably celebrate it like we have won a game in the 95th minute.

Thibaut Courtois kissed the Real Madrid badge and then spoke about Eden Hazard joining him at the Santiago Bernabeu one day, before doing his best to diffuse bad feeling with his former club Chelsea.

'He is happy that I have arrived because he knew it was my dream,' he said revealing Hazard had called him to congratulate him.

He then added: 'He is a great player and if he could come here one day it would be fantastic.' 

4EF50B5700000578-6043221-image-a-44_1533

7 minutes ago, mojo said:

Thibaut Courtois kissed the Real Madrid badge and then spoke about Eden Hazard joining him at the Santiago Bernabeu one day, before doing his best to diffuse bad feeling with his former club Chelsea.

'He is happy that I have arrived because he knew it was my dream,' he said revealing Hazard had called him to congratulate him.

He then added: 'He is a great player and if he could come here one day it would be fantastic.' 

4EF50B5700000578-6043221-image-a-44_1533

Not suprised. The guy is a disrepectful c**t.

Kissing the badge on his first day having won the title at their rivals. Disrepectful.

Encouraging hazard to leave a club that has played a massive part in helping you reach 'the pinnacle of your career'. Disrepectful. 

Refusing to train at a club that is paying you £6m a year. Disrepectful.

Using your kids to leverage a move, instead of just sticking a transfer request in and saying you want to move to your dream club. c**t.

Disrepectful c**t.

27 minutes ago, big blue said:

Not suprised. The guy is a disrepectful c**t.

Kissing the badge on his first day having won the title at their rivals. Disrepectful.

Encouraging hazard to leave a club that has played a massive part in helping you reach 'the pinnacle of your career'. Disrepectful. 

Refusing to train at a club that is paying you £6m a year. Disrepectful.

Using your kids to leverage a move, instead of just sticking a transfer request in and saying you want to move to your dream club. c**t.

Disrepectful c**t.

The biggest thing that annoys me is this has always been Tibo's plan. If he had any form of long term commitment to chelsea he would have moved his family to London, the kids are young, it's not like they will have a culture change at that age. He's played the club and used it to attempt to increase his reputation so that he could force a move to real. I have no issue with a player wanting to move to real, but the way he has played Chelsea is the highest insult and the kids story I think is just to make him look less bad. Absolute mug 

29 minutes ago, El Pringo said:

The biggest thing that annoys me is this has always been Tibo's plan. If he had any form of long term commitment to chelsea he would have moved his family to London, the kids are young, it's not like they will have a culture change at that age. He's played the club and used it to attempt to increase his reputation so that he could force a move to real. I have no issue with a player wanting to move to real, but the way he has played Chelsea is the highest insult and the kids story I think is just to make him look less bad. Absolute mug 

He did move his kids, but his girlfriend left him and went back to Spain. Apparently he cheated on her surprise surprise.