big blue

Eden Hazard

I do love it that,  in the last few months, so many people have joined who have direct and inside knowledge of conversations between footballers and managers and owners and coaches from all  manner of teams across the globe.  I particularly like how we now have confirmed details of conversations between Guardiola and Messi.

It's brilliant isn't it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do love it that,  in the last few months, so many people have joined who have direct and inside knowledge of conversations between footballers and managers and owners and coaches from all  manner of teams across the globe.  I particularly like how we now have confirmed details of conversations between Guardiola and Messi.

6 hours ago, yorkleyblue said:

Nobody said this, anywhere. Stop making things up to try and look smarter with your insincere, sarcastic routine. But I suppose you get a few likes out of it from people you barely know so it's all good, hey? Meanwhile you haven't contributed any conversation to the topic once again because you are too busy judging other fans for having a differing opinion to you.

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I put a point on i valiantly believe in, which is Hazard should be able to roam and create havoc, that doesn't mean roaming around near Ruddier and Dave for example

I agree that Hazard should have a level of freedom that our lesser players don't get due to his ability on the ball. The problem is if you just allow him free roam he has a massive tendency to do exactly as you said you don't want him to do, which is hang around useless areas that don't help the team. That's why he needs guidance from Sarri in how he should position himself best because without that instruction and guidance he becomes a lot less effective.

1 hour ago, Total-Football said:

Nobody said this, anywhere. Stop making things up to try and look smarter with your insincere, sarcastic routine. But I suppose you get a few likes out of it from people you barely know so it's all good, hey? Meanwhile you haven't contributed any conversation to the topic once again because you are too busy judging other fans for having a differing opinion to you.

I agree that Hazard should have a level of freedom that our lesser players don't get due to his ability on the ball. The problem is if you just allow him free roam he has a massive tendency to do exactly as you said you don't want him to do, which is hang around useless areas that don't help the team. That's why he needs guidance from Sarri in how he should position himself best because without that instruction and guidance he becomes a lot less effective.

I get your motive fella don't worry, i think we're all hoping with Sarris previous form, he really isn't going to revert to pragmatic football, i.e Mourinhos final stint, and Conte last year, where i think Eden started to lose the love for Chelsea as a player because of the defensive minded way we played, hence his still found reticence to sign that uber tantalising new contract, hopefully he will feel the love and do the deed

12 hours ago, Total-Football said:

Nobody said this, anywhere. Stop making things up to try and look smarter

Nothing is made up, these are all you in the last few days.

I can give multiple instances within a 15 minute appearance (but never actually do provide examples)

exactly how Sarri would have him operating consistently. 

when he was under stricter positional instructions, 

It applied to Messi and Cruyff so it definitely applies to Hazard.

Messi under Guardiola? Not true. He stuck to his role and executed it to the highest degree; that role had a high degree of freedom but he still followed the instructions of his role. 

Nothing of what I said is about any "differing opinion" to mine.  My complaint with you is the know-it-all, black-and-white definitiveness of everything you post, even down to the pretentious username. 

There can be no discussion because you have read all the manuals and You always have "knowledge" of the inner workings of the team,  the  players instructions, the club's plans and ambitions and everything about everything in football (and in everything else in life, as far as I know).  There was another self-absorbed idiot here until recently.  He could google the f**k out of stuff too.

Total-football, my arse. Just a smug smartarse trying to look big on an internet forum by claiming knowledge and expertise that us mere Chelsea fans neither have nor understand.

Yet another addition to the ever-growing ignore list

Unlike that c**t Thibaut, he turned up to training as a professional. He could have easily forced the club to sell him over the summer. I am not his biggest fan, but he was under some heavy defending managers. This will be a ideal chance for him to shine and score/assist much more. Looking forward to see Sarri set him free.

Edited by TrueBlueBIH

11 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I get your motive fella don't worry, i think we're all hoping with Sarris previous form, he really isn't going to revert to pragmatic football, i.e Mourinhos final stint, and Conte last year, where i think Eden started to lose the love for Chelsea as a player because of the defensive minded way we played, hence his still found reticence to sign that uber tantalising new contract, hopefully he will feel the love and do the deed

I agree. The football last season was mind numbing  (Which was strange because the year before we actually attacked with a lot of intent) and I'm just excited with where we are going.

1 hour ago, yorkleyblue said:

Nothing of what I said is about any "differing opinion" to mine.  My complaint with you is the know-it-all, black-and-white definitiveness of everything you post, even down to the pretentious username. 

There can be no discussion because you have read all the manuals and You always have "knowledge" of the inner workings of the team,  the  players instructions, the club's plans and ambitions and everything about everything in football (and in everything else in life, as far as I know).  There was another self-absorbed idiot here until recently.  He could google the f**k out of stuff too.

Total-football, my arse. Just a smug smartarse trying to look big on an internet forum by claiming knowledge and expertise that us mere Chelsea fans neither have nor understand.

Yet another addition to the ever-growing ignore list

On the bolded parts:

I said nothing there about Guardiola talking to Messi, so that was made up. I also gave two examples of Hazards in posts in this thread so now that's two things you have made up to look smarter.  

For Sarri, I go off of how he set up his Napoli team (In a 4-3-3) where his players roles were pretty much the same throughout his tenure. I'm assuming he wants Hazard to have a similar role on the left. Guardiola and Cruyff have come out in interviews and explained what their roles were and how they (In Guardiolas case) wanted Messi to play; and what do you know, that was how Messi played under Guardiola. It doesn't take knowing inside information to understand that Messi had a role in the team and followed the instructions of his role. 

On the paragraph below the quote:

I read about football because I like to talk about football and I think the more I know about the game the better my conversations can be. There is no black and whiteness otherwise I wouldn't be having a two page debate with another poster. Just because I don't post "I changed my mind yorkleyblue, please show me your approval" doesn't mean I haven't at times. 

The irony of you calling anything pretentious when you post around here passing your judgement on how to be a Chelsea fan like you're the sword of Damocles is absolutely hilarious. And then when people don't tow the line of your little boys club image of fandom you follow their posts in threads and mock them until they are bullied off the site. Put me on ignore, then I won't have to read the pointless, incorrect bully tactics from you. There are plenty of Chelsea fans on here who don't have the arrogant sense of self importance whilst contributing very little to any conversation this site, that I would much rather talk to.

14 hours ago, Total-Football said:

No offence mate...but Hazard won't be taking tactical advice on how to be a top attacking player from Sarri. 

There are lots of meanings in that sentence, and I mean every one of them. 

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:51, Total-Football said:

I'll give an example of Hazard negatively affecting the team within this game due to mindlessly following the ball. Within 3 minutes of coming on, Hazard dropped right back into midfield as he hadn't touched the ball in a while, and he ended up essentially in Jorginho's position trying to dictate play. This caused the teams play to come to a stand still as he had removed himself as a forward option (making it easier for Huddersfield to mark forward passes) and also had forced the midfielders structures wider and removed their ability to build out from the back. This is awful for the team and is something Sarri will drill out of him as it is unacceptable for any player to do. Attacking football does not mean allow Hazard to do what he wants. We did that last season against Barcelona and got trounced 3-0.

There's having an opinion and then there's over analysing I can't believe you came to that conclusion watching the game live. Unless your a paid journalist who's job would be to notice such tedium then fair enough otherwise just watch the game for what it is.

If you treat current or former Blues like that you have no right to call yourself a Chelsea fan.

Bollocks everyone is entitled to their opinion, tibo is a c**t he never gave 100% for Chelsea, forced a move away without talking to sarri and now is trying to unsettle Eden, who are you to tell people that they have the right to call themselves a Chelsea fan?
Kiwi?? are you from New Zealand by any chance? If so support Christchurch fc or something you don't have the right to call yourself a Chelsea fan ;)

19 minutes ago, LengmanJedi said:

Bollocks everyone is entitled to their opinion, tibo is a c**t he never gave 100% for Chelsea, forced a move away without talking to sarri and now is trying to unsettle Eden, who are you to tell people that they have the right to call themselves a Chelsea fan?
Kiwi?? are you from New Zealand by any chance? If so support Christchurch fc or something you don't have the right to call yourself a Chelsea fan ;)

"tibo is a c**t": You know him personally I take it?

"he never gave 100% for Chelsea": Are you sure? He did pretty well over four whole seasons for a player who was never giving 100%.

"forced a move away without talking to sarri": Do you know for sure he never talked to Sarri? If he decided to leave anyway without ever having played under Sarri then why would it even be necessary for them to talk?

"is trying to unsettle Eden": Citation needed...

"tibo is a c**t": You know him personally I take it?
"he never gave 100% for Chelsea": Are you sure? He did pretty well over four whole seasons for a player who was never giving 100%.
"forced a move away without talking to sarri": Do you know for sure he never talked to Sarri? If he decided to leave anyway without ever having played under Sarri then why would it even be necessary for them to talk?
"is trying to unsettle Eden": Citation needed...

1 don't need to know him personally to know he behaved like a c**t going awol disrespecting our new gaffer and making the club a laughing stock

2 his performances for Belgium and even athleti were far better than we ever got out of him the amount of soft goals he let in was laughable and ive never seen a top keeper get beat at his near post so much but when he plays for the national team that never seems to be an issue plus you can tell with players when they are fully committed to the cause and I never saw that with him, it was more to do with the amazing team in front of him than him being a 100% committed world class talent

3 sarri said he wanted to talk to eden, willy and tibo face to face to find out what they wanted to do, two turned up to face him man to man one didn't guess who!?

4 have you not read anything he has said since moving to Madrid regarding hazard *research needed on your part pal*

Anything else you need help understanding? I'm here all week [emoji4]

I definitely think that Total-Football has a valid point. If you could have Hazard dribble 25 yards away from goal, or 45 yards away, you'd probably pick the former every day of the week. When Messi came through at Barcelona, he was chasing balls and pressing all over the pitch. Guardiola identified that he would be better off "resting" (hence people calling him lazy) once the opposition passed through the first line of press, to save his energy for the game deciding moments. A player of Hazard's skill level is more damaging further up the field and should probably get the same-ish instructions to maximize his potential.

Lorenzo Insigne is a player pretty similar to Hazard, just worse at everything. He roamed, dribbled and got 5, 3 and 2 goals in the league prior to Sarri. The three seasons under Sarri he got 12, 18 and 8. Sarri's Napoli was more offensive than Benitez', but Insigne was played further up the pitch and made more productive off-the-ball movement with Maurizio. One can only hope that Hazard will gain x amount of goals with some tactical adjustments.

20 minutes ago, opinionsarelike said:

I definitely think that Total-Football has a valid point. If you could have Hazard dribble 25 yards away from goal, or 45 yards away, you'd probably pick the former every day of the week. When Messi came through at Barcelona, he was chasing balls and pressing all over the pitch. Guardiola identified that he would be better off "resting" (hence people calling him lazy) once the opposition passed through the first line of press, to save his energy for the game deciding moments. A player of Hazard's skill level is more damaging further up the field and should probably get the same-ish instructions to maximize his potential.

Lorenzo Insigne is a player pretty similar to Hazard, just worse at everything. He roamed, dribbled and got 5, 3 and 2 goals in the league prior to Sarri. The three seasons under Sarri he got 12, 18 and 8. Sarri's Napoli was more offensive than Benitez', but Insigne was played further up the pitch and made more productive off-the-ball movement with Maurizio. One can only hope that Hazard will gain x amount of goals with some tactical adjustments.

Tbf i think "total football" exaggerrated his point a bit. Sure Hazard can sometimes drop a bit too deep and be a bit to eager to get on the ball but him dropping deep can be functional and it can help the team.

Positional football is great but there is such a thing as creating overloads. Good example was his run where he picked up the ball on his own half and then ran past four defenders and was fouled just outside the penalty box.

Huddersfield were trying to press high, it was a 3 on 3 in midfield, Hazard dropped creating a 4 against 3 situation, allowing Rudiger to play an easy pass to  Hazard, Hazard was able to turn and run with the ball with a lot of space in midfield to run into. Ofcourse Hazard isn't gonna be able to always go past 4 players but he has it in his locker so why not use it.

9 hours ago, opinionsarelike said:

To further that point, just look at Salah for Liverpool. Klopp had played him in a much more advanced position and his instructions are pretty much the same. Dont come deep to the ball and run 45 yards and full sprint towards the goal, but save the energy and only attack from certain positions. Salah has pretty much credited his scoring form to Klopp

16 hours ago, Ready Player One said:

No offence mate...but Hazard won't be taking tactical advice on how to be a top attacking player from Sarri. 

Haha what? If he took tactical advice from Conte om how to play, Im pretty sure he would take advice from someone telling him he can score a lot more goals and create a lot more assists if he opereates like this and that. Lets be honest, Hazard is a great, great player. But his positional awereness and insticts in the final third is poor and I think Sarri can do wonders for his ens product

7 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

To further that point, just look at Salah for Liverpool. Klopp had played him in a much more advanced position and his instructions are pretty much the same. Dont come deep to the ball and run 45 yards and full sprint towards the goal, but save the energy and only attack from certain positions. Salah has pretty much credited his scoring form to Klopp

Salah is very different to hazard though.

Hazard is a playmaker, he is always involved in the build up, and he drops deep, and moves into little pockets of space, so he can get on the ball and make things happen. He is a natural number 10. It's probably one of the reasons why he doesn't score as many goals as he should, given he is probably the best finisher at the club. 

Salah is all about pace, he needs space to run into, so klopp is clever and he keeps Salah on the last man, and it's Firmino who comes short. In effect he plays like a wide forward. 

I think hazard could used in a similar role to what Salah plays, but it would go against his natural instinct in my opinion. Maybe now we have a better supporting cast in midfield, hazard will try and play further forward, but he that with Belgium team, and he stills drops deep. 

On 15/08/2018 at 12:51, Ready Player One said:

That's a really weird statement. 

7 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

Haha what? If he took tactical advice from Conte om how to play, Im pretty sure he would take advice from someone telling him he can score a lot more goals and create a lot more assists if he opereates like this and that. Lets be honest, Hazard is a great, great player. But his positional awereness and insticts in the final third is poor and I think Sarri can do wonders for his ens product

I don't think he did listen to Conte. I think Conte built around him. Same with Jose TBH. 

And he isn't "poor" at anything. You're being silly. He just has his own way of playing the game, and doesn't have the drive to be a goal/assist machine like Messi or Ronaldo. Frankly, if he did, Jose was the guy who could have turned him into that 4/5 years ago. 

1 minute ago, mclovin83 said:

That's a really weird statement. 

1. Sarri can't teach anything to Eden. He wouldn't know how. 

2. When it comes to being a top quality attacking player, Hazard will be the one telling Sarri what he needs, not the other way round. Sarri will be learning from Eden. How could he not?

3. Even if Sarri did tell Eden what to do, he would at most pay lip-service, and at worst, simply not listen. He knows what he is and how he wants to play. Sarri's job is to set up a system to get the best out of that. You're not going to change him at this point. 

4. Our best chance of keeping Eden is making him the Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar of this club. A player who "out-ranks" the manager. 

No need to be offensive. You can agree or disagree without it. 

24 minutes ago, Ready Player One said:

2. When it comes to being a top quality attacking player, Hazard will be the one telling Sarri what he needs, not the other way round. Sarri will be learning from Eden. How could he not?

3. Even if Sarri did tell Eden what to do, he would at most pay lip-service, and at worst, simply not listen. He knows what he is and how he wants to play. Sarri's job is to set up a system to get the best out of that. You're not going to change him at this point. 

4. Our best chance of keeping Eden is making him the Messi, Ronaldo or Neymar of this club. A player who "out-ranks" the manager. 

1. You really aren't qualified to make such a sweeping statement.  Do you really believe that a player can only learn & improve from a Manager, if said Manager is better than said player at the facet of the game they are working on? 

2. See above. 

3. You don't know what he would or wouldn't respond to.

4. Agree with the first bit, but I don't see why he needs to "out-rank" the Manager to be happy, and wouldn't consider that to be healthy. 

I wasn't offensive. 

34 minutes ago, Ready Player One said:

I don't think he did listen to Conte. I think Conte built around him. Same with Jose TBH. 

And he isn't "poor" at anything. You're being silly. He just has his own way of playing the game, and doesn't have the drive to be a goal/assist machine like Messi or Ronaldo. Frankly, if he did, Jose was the guy who could have turned him into that 4/5 years ago. 

...what am I reading? Fecks sake youre on a WUM. Its a WHOPPER at that.