big blue

Eden Hazard

He’s still out of shape and didn’t play his best game today. Speaks volumes for his talent that he found himself a Goal. The left side is playing real well together...hazard kovacic and Alonso. Very well rounded and balanced. 

9 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

If this was Conte's team, he would have subbed Hazard off when we took the lead. It was one of the things I hated about Conte's management. If we had scored or needed a goal, he would often take off Hazard to save his legs. Sarri is different though, he keeps Hazard on, and it's the right thing to do. You want your best players playing against tired legs, not subbed off with 15 minutes to go.

TBF, When Jose was here, the argument was "why don't we take Eden off when we go in front? Why is he playing 90 mins every week?". 

I'm with you tho. If you had taken lampard off with 70 mins played at 2-0/3-0 then he'd have complained. The very best players (which Eden is among), aren't getting subbed off regularly. 

For me it depends on the situation. When you've got a busy schedule, the game is won and you have another game where you need him in 3 days, then please take him off.

But if we're only playing once a week or the midweek game is some unimportant EL game, then let him stay on.

I honestly think though that Conte didn't necessarily take him off to save his legs but to get the more hardworking, defensively better Willian or Pedro on the pitch, which is even worse. 

Edited by True Blue23

I'd only ever take him off after the 80th Min mark if we had a 2 goal lead. Anything else is ludicrous. We all know in this league anyone can score at anytime. Look at Newcastle. It did frustrate me when Conte would do it last year.

Need to get this guy tied down on a new long term contract.

Feel this is the season Hazard finally reaches a new level. He's not fully fit and playing in a new system but he's already destroying defences for fun. Imagine him fully fit and the whole team comfortable in this system? 

2 minutes ago, Sparkz said:

Need to get this guy tied down on a new long term contract.

Feel this is the season Hazard finally reaches a new level. He's not fully fit and playing in a new system but he's already destroying defences for fun. Imagine him fully fit and the whole team comfortable in this system? 

For sure......but we really should do something about him getting torn apart every game, Theres zero protection from the refs.......a bad injury and we are f**ked.

Feels like Hazard is warming up for that Real Madrid move. Lopetegui likes to play an attractive style of football, as we've seen with his Spain side. This season will be the Hazard performing to try bait Real to come get him. If this is the case, I hope he has the best season ever and scores 20+ goals and gets a myriad of assists, leading us to the title and leaves for £180m or something haha. 

4 hours ago, enigma said:

Feels like Hazard is warming up for that Real Madrid move. Lopetegui likes to play an attractive style of football, as we've seen with his Spain side. This season will be the Hazard performing to try bait Real to come get him. If this is the case, I hope he has the best season ever and scores 20+ goals and gets a myriad of assists, leading us to the title and leaves for £180m or something haha. 

Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Madrid wouldnt entertain that much for hazard. 

1) they don't really need him

2) he's relatively old

3) he's not that big a global star 

4) he will soon have only a year left on contract

I think we should keep hazard for the rest of his contract and let him go for free if that's what he really wants. I don't know if he wants to play anywhere other than Madrid and they won't pay what he's worth to us on a per year basis. I'd happily lose 80m on him to keep him for another year.

But regardless, I think he will sign a new contract in Feb/march.

Honestly what’s the point of these international friendlies, especially after a WC. Basically no break for certain players and then are forced to travel and play meaningless games with a new team, completely rushing injury and breaking chemistry at the club level. It’s so stupid 

1 hour ago, mojo said:

I saw about that on Twitter, but a lot of people were saying it's a non-story, as he was actually at a promotional event? He certainly posted on his Instagram that he was. Might be wishful thinking, but it all lines up.

2 hours ago, TheChelsRVA said:

Honestly what’s the point of these international friendlies, especially after a WC. Basically no break for certain players and then are forced to travel and play meaningless games with a new team, completely rushing injury and breaking chemistry at the club level. It’s so stupid 

Yeah, I'm sick of it. Like they're going to train to their clubs system month after month, but an occasional weekend every few months is going to get them ingrained in an international coaches system two years before the next actual tournament? It's total bollocks.

1 hour ago, Stim said:

Because the PL is tougher than the scottish national team ?

Patience is a top 3 virtues. God, I love when we loan/sell somebody and he makes a good touch, assist or, God have mercy, scores a goal, how someone is going to question the entire move because of that isolated phenomenon. 

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

I played against my 2 cousins on the park, they were 5 and 7, they were also tougher than the scottish national team.

The Scottish national side would still be too strong for Morata. In fact, if Morata played against your cousins he'd still fall over and look at the nearest adult with that 'it's not fair' expression he has down to a T. So perhaps we should have kept Michy as a second to Giroud and loaned Morata out to St Dunstan's second eleven where he could start to build his confidence.