7 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Unlike Conte, Sarri doesn't take Hazard off in the last 10-15 even if we are 2 goals up like today, this is the time Hazard likely to cause serious problems against tired defenders. It's pretty simple really, don't take off our best player and invite the opposition to have a come back.

So happy we don't have to see that sh*t happening any more. Used to make me so damn angry. We'd need a goal with 15m to go, so he'd take Eden off. Fecking genius..

Makes me proud as punch to have a Chelsea player that is probably in the world top 3 at the moment. Have we ever had a player in our history generally accepted to be in that bracket before? ( I can’t think of one)

He plays the game the right way too. With a smile, doesn’t go over too often, and when he does he’s back on his feet straight away without theatrics.

No big time Charlie, superstar demeanour about the fella either. A great egg all round.

1 minute ago, Ewell CFC said:

Makes me proud as punch to have a Chelsea player that is probably in the world top 3 at the moment. Have we ever had a player in our history generally accepted to be in that bracket before? ( I can’t think of one)

He plays the game the right way too. With a smile, doesn’t go over too often, and when he does he’s back on his feet straight away without theatrics.

No big time Charlie, superstar demeanour about the fella either. A great egg all round.

Lampard finished 2nd in world player of the year 2006. 

Hazard has been my favourite player to watch for chelsea, if this is his last season, then it's been a joy to watch him for 7 seasons. Like everyone else I'm hoping he signs a new contract, there are murmurings that real Madrid can't afford big fees anymore, so maybe that will play in our favour.

I suppose RM wouldn’t have to pay a huge fee (Neymar Money) if Eden is in the last year of his contract. Probably 50/60M I’d imagine. Hope it doesn’t come to that. I think we should all forget about where he might go and just enjoy him while he’s here.

7 minutes ago, goose said:

I suppose RM wouldn’t have to pay a huge fee (Neymar Money) if Eden is in the last year of his contract. Probably 50/60M I’d imagine. Hope it doesn’t come to that. I think we should all forget about where he might go and just enjoy him while he’s here.

exactly, its not our problem, we cant change anything, but we can enjoy what we have, whilst we have it.

Done a new interview and has said he's waiting for a new offer from Chelsea and is willing to talk. Chelsea haven't offered anything since last December, which i find strange. 

Its a win - win for Hazard. He can either stay at the club he loves and where he is happy or move to his boyhood club. Certainly won't be another Courtois situation. 

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Done a new interview and has said he's waiting for a new offer from Chelsea and is willing to talk. Chelsea haven't offered anything since last December, which i find strange. 

Its a win - win for Hazard. He can either stay at the club he loves and where he is happy or move to his boyhood club. Certainly won't be another Courtois situation. 

I think it's obvious. He clearly wants Real Madrid as is his childhood dream. Let's all not pretend he is happy in the Europa League this season despite his affection for our club.

No matter how much money we put in front of him he won't sign a new deal. If he holds out another 6 months he will hold all the playing cards just like Courtois did (although they won't leave in the same manner).

We will be forced to sell next summer for a bargain price.

This is also the issue with foreign stars (Suarez/Ronaldo/Coutinho etc..) They dream of Barcelona/Real Madrid. For me, this is why it is so important to be promoting homegrown youth. Terry/Lamps dreamt of Chelsea for life and nothing else.

He has said he is open to talks with Chelsea over a contract.  Why would he say that if he isn't open to the idea of staying at Chelsea longer?  He may sign a 2 year extension with a "handshake" that if RM come and offer big money due to the extension then we must sell him.  If they don't come knocking he can stay here with us and play some fantastic football with a squad on the ascent.  That's a win-win for Hazard and the club I would think.  He has earned every bit of option he can get.  He's all class and is a fantastic footballer.  

As a character I can’t believe people actually like the guy? What are you seeing? Joined us by attention seeking on twitter. Downed tools for a year on full pay, clearly playing games with the board for over a year with no intention of a contract extension. Always looks moody, can’t keep his mouth shut to the media. Not done much of note in the Champions League. And he’s up there with Drogba, Terry, Lamps as a Chelsea legend?! He’s barely at Ivanovic’s status!

The most baffling thing about Hazard's comments really aren't the comments themselves, but the fact that the club hasn't offered him a new contract since December. What exactly are they doing? I'm not sure what their goal is exactly but I hope they don't sit around and wait and wait and he leaves. 

Is his contract up at the end of this season or next? I can't remember.

Edited by chiefBlueCFC
2 hours ago, cuppaT said:

As a character I can’t believe people actually like the guy? What are you seeing? Joined us by attention seeking on twitter. Downed tools for a year on full pay, clearly playing games with the board for over a year with no intention of a contract extension. Always looks moody, can’t keep his mouth shut to the media. Not done much of note in the Champions League. And he’s up there with Drogba, Terry, Lamps as a Chelsea legend?! He’s barely at Ivanovic’s status!

He didn't down tools, he was playing through a hip injury.

Moronic is putting it mildly.

Just wondered, what team do you support ?

another club that I am worried about going after The Mighty Eden is Bayern Munchen - they love tapping up players & bringing them to Oktoberfest - I hate bayscum & their underhanded tricks - I can see them coming after Eden to help them atm - that club is struggling mightily at the moment too

2 hours ago, Osgood is Good said:

The timing of Hazard's comments worries me, just as Real Madrid are struggling for goals, and Hazard is top PL scorer and playing out of his skin.

It's not strange. Whenever he's on international duty he gets interviewed. He always says what he's thinking.

People don't seem to realise that he's not playing games. He just says what he thinks. It's a bit confusing as no other footballer does this so people try to read between the lines. 

His post world cup comments, people read as a hidden come and get me plea. They weren't. They were literally what they were. 

38 minutes ago, robdog said:

another club that I am worried about going after The Mighty Eden is Bayern Munchen - they love tapping up players & bringing them to Oktoberfest - I hate bayscum & their underhanded tricks - I can see them coming after Eden to help them atm - that club is struggling mightily at the moment too

They can't afford him. 

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Moronic is putting it mildly.

I figured this was just to get a rise out of most of the people on here. No way that someone comes to that conclusion logically unless they don't support Chelsea, is a complete troll, or they've never watched a match ever. Complete buffoonery