2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Rumours that Conte might be in line for the Madrid job... That can’t do any harm to our hopes of keeping hold of Eden. 

I would absolutely love it if Madrid hired Conte. Not that he couldn't succeed there, but I could not imagine the Madristas enjoying Real suffer against Gijon 

57 minutes ago, benjsross said:

It's not strange. Whenever he's on international duty he gets interviewed. He always says what he's thinking.

People don't seem to realise that he's not playing games. He just says what he thinks. It's a bit confusing as no other footballer does this so people try to read between the lines. 

His post world cup comments, people read as a hidden come and get me plea. They weren't. They were literally what they were. 

I agree that he often gets asked on International duty, however, I said it worried me, not that it was strange.

35 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

I agree that he often gets asked on International duty, however, I said it worried me, not that it was strange.

You were worried by the timing I thought. The timing is just that its international duty time which seems to be the only time anyone actually asks him these questions. I think Chelsea must have a firmer PR team that blocks the press asking.

Hazard answers questions honestly all the time. He doesn't think about what his answers mean. An example is when he said giroud was the best target man in world football. It's bugged me that no one's ever pointed how honest he is 100% of the time. He's completely carefree 

Think he will move. Real are in a situation they haven’t been in since they bought Ronaldo. They simply need a world class name in their prime and it’s only Hazard that fits in terms of money, contract and desire to play there.

Real can’t afford not to grab him because they are pretty brutal up top just now with no real threat who can change games like Ronaldo did for years. Hazard is their get out to appease a support who demand success.

I just hope he signs a deal so we get a good sum of money, if he truly cares for us then I think he would do it but it’s football and you never know.

It’s honest if him and that is admirable but when you keep saying you dream of playing for a club and it would be hard to turn down then it’s quite hard to think he will stay when it’s clearly a lifelong goal to play there. I love Hazard but we are not an elite club at the moment who can offer CL.

Edited by Chelsbear
5 minutes ago, benjsross said:

You were worried by the timing I thought. The timing is just that its international duty time which seems to be the only time anyone actually asks him these questions. I think Chelsea must have a firmer PR team that blocks the press asking.

Hazard answers questions honestly all the time. He doesn't think about what his answers mean. An example is when he said giroud was the best target man in world football. It's bugged me that no one's ever pointed how honest he is 100% of the time. He's completely carefree 

Yes the timing, in regards to Real Madrid going 4 games without a goal, and Hazard not distancing himself from Real Madrid at this time, whilst also playing his best since we bought him. Worried yes.

Edited by Osgood is Good

4 hours ago, cuppaT said:

As a character I can’t believe people actually like the guy? What are you seeing? Joined us by attention seeking on twitter. Downed tools for a year on full pay, clearly playing games with the board for over a year with no intention of a contract extension. Always looks moody, can’t keep his mouth shut to the media. Not done much of note in the Champions League. And he’s up there with Drogba, Terry, Lamps as a Chelsea legend?! He’s barely at Ivanovic’s status!

"Joined us by attention seeking on twitter"

Yes, you're right, the way he announced his move to us wasn't the best way to go about it, but he was 21 years old. He was a young and naive player who was just starting to get noticed by the world. I hardly see how this should reflect badly on his character now.

"Downed tools for a year"

During that season where you are saying he downed tools, I used to think that way too, but it came out that he was playing with a hip injury, this would explain why he had such a poor season. Hip injuries are almost impossible to play with, especially for a player like Hazard. It may be true, it may be a load of rubbish, but I have no reason to think Hazard was lying about this.

"Clearly playing games with the board for over a year"

I don't see how you can say he is clearly playing games with the board, we don't see him every day, we don't know what is going on. Pretty much everything involving the club is always kept very secret and us fans know very little of what is going on most of the time. 

"Always looks moody"

Eh? Where do you get this from? Hazard never looks moody, the bloke is always smiling and having a laugh. Check out the training videos of him and his interviews, he always comes across as a very happy person. I would go as far as to say that Hazard is the least moody player we have at the club.

"Can’t keep his mouth shut to the media"

It's not like he is seeking them out and saying things. They ask him a question, he replies. 

"Not done much of note in the Champions League"

I can't disagree with you there, but who has done anything for us in the Champions League since we won it? I see this as more of a problem with Chelsea than one player.

You say he can't be compared to Drogba, Terry and Lampard, but why not? They have won more than he has, but they got to play in the best Chelsea team ever. Put Hazard in that team and we win multiple Champions League titles. Hazard has also scored a ton of big goals against big teams for us in domestic competitions. Drogba, Lampard and Terry had it easy in a way. When they didn't get a goal or put in big performances, they had other players around them that would do the job, Hazard hasn't had that luxury. If you put one of Drogba, Terry or Lampard in any Chelsea team of the last 6 years, I guarantee they wouldn't be as effective as they were when they played in the same team together between 2004-2010. Hazard has often been expected to win us games on his own, Drogba and Lampard did this too, but they weren't relied on to do it as much as Hazard has been.

It's especially odd that you say that he can't be viewed as well as someone like Drogba, like Drogba's character was squeaky clean. Remember Drogba's first two season's with us? I wouldn't say he was much loved by the fans during that time. Most seen him as an embarrassment at the time. We would also get talk of Drogba wanting to leave at the end of every season. There were also many games where Drogba just didn't look interested. Drogba only had two season's at the club where he played at his best, every other season was very average which he made up for with big goals in big games. It can also be argued that Drogba downed tools for certain managers too.

Lampard and Terry were a bit more professional throughout their career but they weren't perfect either. 

Unlike most people on this post, I do think he’ll sign a new contract with us. He’s rightly trying get as much leverage for the sum he can demand as possible. He has a family that is settled here and it’s not as easy as it might seem to make a decision to move. 

Edited by ekimozturk

I think Real will still throw everything they can for Mbappe, with Neymar second choice. Hazard third choice. Maybe it'll frustrate Hazard as Real spend a lot of time targeting the others, and he re-signs with us. Or if Conte takes over, you'd think Hazard would opt to stay with Sarri.

Then again, it's all speculation, I have no idea what'll happen. I just want him to stay. If he doesn't, even if he leaves at the end of the season, his transfer fee could still be decent for a player with one year left on his contract, because *fingers crossed* he could be coming off a spectacular season.

There is Chelsea, Hazard and Real Madrid. Every one has a part. 

If Sarri brings success and we sign 2 worldies in the summer Hazard may stay. 

If Hazard finally decides what he wants he will just do that. Go or stay. I think in the end he wants Real as he has said a few times. 

Real have the leverage to lure Eden. There is no question about it. Real is class (or two) above Chelsea and they can give Eden Champions League success. 

Would love to hold on Eden but it remains to be seen. 

This is getting really boring and tedious now. I’m fed up of hearing about it. Eden, either sign a new contract or say you want to leave. It won’t do the club any good by dragging it out.

He says that he doesn’t want to do a Courtious but by not signing a new contract, he is essentially doing that.  What’s the most that we could get for him with one year left? £60m? Nothing for one of the worlds best player. 

The fact he is 'pouring his heart out' over this means he is off - or his intention is to leave imo. 

Our club cannot benefit in the slightest from this sort of chat, and it's a thinly veiled 'up the ante' hint to Real.

Like Chelsbear said, just hope he signs a deal before leaving otherwise I fear we won't even get 100m. 

1 hour ago, evissy said:

There is Chelsea, Hazard and Real Madrid. Every one has a part. 

If Sarri brings success and we sign 2 worldies in the summer Hazard may stay. 

If Hazard finally decides what he wants he will just do that. Go or stay. I think in the end he wants Real as he has said a few times. 

Real have the leverage to lure Eden. There is no question about it. Real is class (or two) above Chelsea and they can give Eden Champions League success. 

Would love to hold on Eden but it remains to be seen. 

I don't think they are a class above us at all, especially without Ronaldo. We are a few world class players short but I'm sure Sarri and the club will sort that out going forward. 

We are playing better football than Madrid and the Premier League is better than La Liga these days as well. I'm very confident Eden will stay with us.

Just now, Malcolm9 said:

I don't think they are a class above us at all, especially without Ronaldo. We are a few world class players short but I'm sure Sarri and the club will sort that out going forward. 

We are playing better football than Madrid and the Premier League is better than La Liga these days as well. I'm very confident Eden will stay with us.

I think it's more the prestige thing. The most decorated and 'famous' club in the world. The same reason a lot of F1 drivers have driving for Ferrari on their bucket list.

8 minutes ago, JM7 said:

This is getting really boring and tedious now. I’m fed up of hearing about it. Eden, either sign a new contract or say you want to leave. It won’t do the club any good by dragging it out.

He says that he doesn’t want to do a Courtious but by not signing a new contract, he is essentially doing that.  What’s the most that we could get for him with one year left? £60m? Nothing for one of the worlds best player. 

How can you compare what Courtois did to this ? Courtois went awol when we refused to sell him essentially telling us to f**k off. He dishonored his contract. Hazard has done no such thing and has made it clear he has no intention of doing anything like that in the future. 

The fact his contract is running down with less then 2 years is on the club not on Hazard. 

We made the decision not to sell him this past summer. Hazard is under no obligation to sign another deal.

I believe he's being genuine about being torn between the decision to stay or go. I think he loves Chelsea and loves being here but i imagine he has some serious concerns about the club and the lack of top transfers over the past years. He'll be 28 in january, He's won everything in the UK that can be won. I'm pretty sure he wants to win the CL at least once in his career. He's probably evaluating his situation and wondering whether or not we're capable of giving him the platform to win the CL. People complain about Hazard not doing much in the CL but since Hazard arrived, when have we ever had a team that was good enough to win the CL ?

If we manage to keep Hazard and Kovacic i think we're only a couple of quality players away from that but will the club actually deliver them or will they sit on they're asses and not spend the money. 

It actually wouldn't suprise me if he stayed though. The recent interview doesn't come across to me as a "come get me " but more of a player giving an honest assessment of what's going on. 

8 hours ago, Chelsbear said:

Think he will move. Real are in a situation they haven’t been in since they bought Ronaldo. They simply need a world class name in their prime and it’s only Hazard that fits in terms of money, contract and desire to play there.

Real can’t afford not to grab him because they are pretty brutal up top just now with no real threat who can change games like Ronaldo did for years. Hazard is their get out to appease a support who demand success.

I just hope he signs a deal so we get a good sum of money, if he truly cares for us then I think he would do it but it’s football and you never know.

It’s honest if him and that is admirable but when you keep saying you dream of playing for a club and it would be hard to turn down then it’s quite hard to think he will stay when it’s clearly a lifelong goal to play there. I love Hazard but we are not an elite club at the moment who can offer CL.

I agree - at the end of the season Real will make an offer for him which will probably drag out for weeks but it looks like a fait accompli to me.

Hazard is what, 28/29 now & it's always been his ambition to play for them.

Obviously we'll want to drag as much as we can out of Real when it takes place.

As crass as it is to turn this into a conversation about money - but he would do Chelsea a huge favour by signing a deal just a tad longer than current one - even if he does want to go.

There's a difference between losing Hazard for 50-60M  (buys you a Morata as a replacement) and losing him for 150M - which, paired with qualification for CL, would give us some recruitment options.

Edited by Ilya
57 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

In terms of club size they are actually two classes above (money and visibility). In a football-match at the moment we would probably beat them. That is not the point. 

Secondly, if Eden wants to see a new country, new league, challenge himself in a new surroundings there is nothing to do there. 

Thirdly I don't think a fans frustration towards him in making his mind plays any part. If a Chelsea fan named Jimmy can't stand him being 'indecisive' (in one of the biggest decisions in his life) let Jimmy rot in his impatience. It is his life not Jimmy's. Learn patience. Let Eden ponder and make a thought out decision with his family. 

Don’t you just hate those come and get me statements drafted by players agents that all sound the same.

Cliche 1) Whilst I am happy at Chelsea in football you never know

Cliche 2) It is true, that many clubs are interested in me

Cliche 3) It has always been my dream to play for eg Sc**thorpe United.

Normally rounded off with something along the lines of “ at the moment I have a contract with Chelsea, where the fans have been amazing to me.” .........yawn

15 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Don’t you just hate those come and get me statements drafted by players agents that all sound the same.

Cliche 1) Whilst I am happy at Chelsea in football you never know

Cliche 2) It is true, that many clubs are interested in me

Cliche 3) It has always been my dream to play for eg Sc**thorpe United.

Normally rounded off with something along the lines of “ at the moment I have a contract with Chelsea, where the fans have been amazing to me.” .........yawn

That's what you get when the questions are always the same as well.

1 hour ago, Ilya said:

As crass as it is to turn this into a conversation about money - but he would do Chelsea a huge favour by signing a deal just a tad longer than current one - even if he does want to go.

There's a difference between losing Hazard for 50-60M  (buys you a Morata as a replacement) and losing him for 150M - which, paired with qualification for CL, would give us some recruitment options.

Yes exactly. With one year left, I think the most we could get from Real would be between £60-80m. Maybe Marina could get more, im not sure. 

Our only hope is that’s Conte goes there!