big blue

Eden Hazard

When asked if he needed to go to Spain to win Ballon D'or he replied 'that's why I want to go...maybe'. 

I get he is just being honest, but come on Eden. 

That's twice in week he has fed the gossip. 

The will he stay, or will he go, circus he is creating can't be for the good of the team. 

Yeah he is honest and all but he needs to shut them journo's up.......or else they gonna hound him out of here. How many f**king times you gonna ask the same sh*t? You can bet your ass if he played for one of the darlings this sh*t would not be brought up every 10min.

3 minutes ago, atomis said:

Yeah he is honest and all but he needs to shut them journo's up.......or else they gonna hound him out of here. How many f**king times you gonna ask the same sh*t? You can bet your ass if he played for one of the darlings this sh*t would not be brought up every 10min.

Can't blame the journo's for asking when every time he gives he gives them more fuel for the fire. 

5 hours ago, Krc-fan said:

Always welcome in Genk, Robdog.

Falls du und deine Frau die Möglichkeit haben uns zu besuchen sind Sie herzlich eingeladen unsere Westvleteren zu probieren. Nummer eins der Weltrangliste.

Danke mate. TBH I have always wanted to travel to Belgium. I was stationed close to Belgium when I was in the US Army. I have been was Luxembourg & Bitburg, but we know that is not the real thing. I know that is about a stone throw away from Belgium. I have made attempts to visit but always thwarted in the last minute. It's on the bucket list now. Cheers mate!!!

I mean, Eden has always been pretty open and honest when the media asks him about his future.

I've seen reports (who knows how reliable the information is) that Real Madrid aren't interested in signing him anymore as they are looking for younger players. As a Chelsea supporter, I certainly hope that is true because I want Eden to finish his career in West London; but there are so many unreliable stories out there that so many publications pick up and run.

We will see what happens, but I will remain cautiously optimistic that we keep Eden and he signs a new contract.

We have to accept he will leave either this summer or in 2020... Because :

A) His dream is to play at RM and they can't afford to play dross like mariano if they wanna win their 14th UCL

B) Courtois will play the snake role like in the Jungle Book / Adam and Eve and will devilishly try to convince him to come to RM by arguing that he deserves better than us

Therefore, we must win this season (i.e either the EL or the PL) to qualify for the UCL next season AND we must do so by playing the best Sarriball possible ... Otherwise, we're fcuked !!!

Hi, this is my first post..

Just watched the Hazard interview and didn't like what he said, "I want go to Madrid but not in the January window".

In the summer he'll be into the last year of his contract which leaves Chelsea vulnerable, He could go for as little as 70 million.

If he doesn't sign a new contract by Christmas Chelsea should sell. Saying that Madrid are clever won't bid this January and leave Chelsea to fester knowing they'll get their man on the cheap in the summer.

33 minutes ago, linesy91 said:

I love Eden but I think it's really unprofessional to talk about wanting to play in Spain every time he is on international duty. 

Idk, the media ask him multiple times every international break about playing in Spain. He's a sarcastic person and from the videos I've seen it seems to me that he is just being a little sarcastic with his answers.  Everyone should probably just get used to him being asked about this more and more and more, because it is not going to stop.

1 hour ago, ash1407 said:

Hi, this is my first post..

Just watched the Hazard interview and didn't like what he said, "I want go to Madrid but not in the January window".

In the summer he'll be into the last year of his contract which leaves Chelsea vulnerable, He could go for as little as 70 million.

If he doesn't sign a new contract by Christmas Chelsea should sell. Saying that Madrid are clever won't bid this January and leave Chelsea to fester knowing they'll get their man on the cheap in the summer.

On what planet would we want hazard to go in january....

Let him go in summer. If that's what he wants then let him. He deserves it. 

1 hour ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

Idk, the media ask him multiple times every international break about playing in Spain. He's a sarcastic person and from the videos I've seen it seems to me that he is just being a little sarcastic with his answers.  Everyone should probably just get used to him being asked about this more and more and more, because it is not going to stop.

Id rather he answer the question than fudge. He just answers

Of course he would like to play for madrid. Every single one of our players would like to play for madrid 

3 hours ago, big blue said:

Can't blame the journo's for asking when every time he gives he gives them more fuel for the fire. 

Yeah and why he should just zip it imo. Yes he dreams of RM and no secret he could easily go there, but your a Chels player atm, save all that sh*t come summer. Unless we do really good this season and get that CL place, he's more than likely a goner.

I wish Hazard would be quiet, Chelsea icon or not, there’s no excuse for basically issuing come at get me pleas everytime there’s a bloody international break, I don’t know what it is with Belgians and talking crap. No player is bigger than the club, I’d love him to stay, but if you’re going to talk crap in the press, then goodbye. 

Edited by Floyd25

the question has (for quite some time now) stopped being about whether or not Eden wants to go to Real Madrid. The question is whether he be happy to stay at chelsea?  Would he truly be OK being a chelsea player for the rest of his career? Will more money actually make a huge impact on his decision to stay, or has he already told the club his decision and that is why we are not negotiating?  

I fear he has made up his mind. And from a logical, objective perspective it makes sense. 

1 minute ago, TheChelsRVA said:

the question has (for quite some time now) stopped being about whether or not Eden wants to go to Real Madrid. The question is whether he be happy to stay at chelsea?  Would he truly be OK being a chelsea player for the rest of his career? Will more money actually make a huge impact on his decision to stay, or has he already told the club his decision and that is why we are not negotiating?  

I fear he has made up his mind. And from a logical, objective perspective it makes sense. 

I think the question would he go to Madrid has been answered. Yes 100%. Would he be fine staying at Chelsea? Probably. At the moment yes 100%. Would he prefer to go to Madrid? He'd be an idiot to not go.

The only question we don't know the answer to is, do Madrid actually want to buy him?

RM will not be up there for a while im betting. Now they might buy Eden and so on but overall they will no way in hell be up there like these past few years. Alot of so called older players there out of their prime and it will take some massive Investment and a good coach to even begin setting standards. If we could just add quality to our first 11 and we would be rocking. Its his dream etc, but doesnt mean he will have big success there.

As much as I love him and value his contribution to the club, I am disappointed by his comments. I personally do not condone any player flirting with other clubs in the middle of the season. There is nothing wrong in wanting to go to Madrid, however, it's not that hard to remain quiet until the end of the season. This can have an effect on other players. I didn't like it when Courtois and Costa did it and I don't like it now. It's unfortunate how much professionalism modern players lack these days.

Edited by Frankie8Lampard

First post here after Hazard comments, been a Chelsea Fan since 2004.

We need to accept reality. Other than offering him huge contract wages we can't do much anymore, if Real comes calling Hazard will go.

I was actually thinking how many of our players would make Madrid Starting XI and could only come up with 2 names (Eden and Kante). FFS they have world class players at every position, unfortunately for us Madrid roster is younger, better and a class above us

What we should do is offer Hazard a sign and buy-out clase contract. Maybe we can make 120 million next summer.

Edited by Dell201050

On 11/10/2018 at 01:14, robdog said:

Bro we are talking about RM - they didn't need Tibo but the opportunity presented itself & they bought him - almost the same scenario w/ The Mighty Eden - The Mighty Eden is a bit more appreciative than the snake & is giving us one last bit of Glory - I will always give him respect for that act - I am loving what I am seeing from this guy - hell this guy made me like Belgium Beer & I am making brews in dedication of this guy - I love me some Eden!!!

I'm not so sure about the bolded TBH.

Navas was not only ageing, but his shot-stopping heroics obscure the fact that he is inferior to Courtois in most respects. His handling is generally clearly inferior, his positioning is IMO inferior, he's nowhere near as good in the air and his distribution might be even worse than Courtois'. UCL heroics aside, Navas has also not been particularly consistent in recent times. The one thing Navas clearly does better than Courtois is to raise his game when the rest of the side is struggling. I would still argue that Real Madrid needed someone like Courtois. 

Unless Hazard turns into something resembling 2007/08 Ronaldo this season, he is not the high-volume goalscorer that Real Madrid sorely need. Even Bale (who is best on the left) fits that description a bit better than Hazard, while as noted earlier the club are not short of creators or players who can occupy the left wing.

This is not to say that Hazard won't leave, of course - he is interested in playing for that club and they could come in for him if he's cheap enough or genuinely fulfils an unmet need - but ATM it would seem like an unnecessary luxury signing. Also, does Hazard want to spend a good deal of time on the bench or is he interested in being an uncontested starter? The former is IMO as likely as the latter at the moment if he goes there, given the level of competition and his probable luxury status. 

15 hours ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I mean, Eden has always been pretty open and honest when the media asks him about his future.

I've seen reports (who knows how reliable the information is) that Real Madrid aren't interested in signing him anymore as they are looking for younger players. As a Chelsea supporter, I certainly hope that is true because I want Eden to finish his career in West London; but there are so many unreliable stories out there that so many publications pick up and run.

We will see what happens, but I will remain cautiously optimistic that we keep Eden and he signs a new contract.

It's a shame we don't follow the same path, rather than constantly sending young players out on loan who have the ability to be in our squad. This club need to focus on the long term rather than short termism like they have done for a while. 

Edited by enigma

Real need a superstar striker, not a winger. 

I think this is all paper talk. They've got the stadium revamp to pay for and they've spent big money/have big talent already on the wing: Bale (£90m), Asensio (Spain's golden boy), Vinicius Jr (£45m?) and just signed Rodrygo (£50m). Not to mention Isco often plays wide left and Lucas Vazquez on the right.

I think Spurs should be more worried about Kane going to Madrid than we should about Hazard. 

28 in the summer can’t see the move happening. When was the last time Madrid signed a marquee player on the wrong side of 20? Like someone said earlier, they have spent big money on Vinicius Jnr €45, and €54m on Rodrygo who is going there next summer. Think they are going more long term with their transfer strategy.