big blue

Eden Hazard

7 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

What Happens if in reality Hazard isn't top of Madrids shopping list

Seems unlikely considering Real Madrid's current struggles and need for proven quality. 

A 100 million (probably less considering our weak bargaining position) for a player like Hazard, in todays inflated market, is a bargain. 

1 hour ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

now he's totally moaning and gesturing to his teammates. 

Think he's just fed up with the mediocre players he has around him. You can tell he's getting more and more frustrated. 

41 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

No point getting 100 million when we bring in dross like Barkley, Morata, Jorginho and co. 

I don’t trust our board to invest in a player or players capable of enhancing our first 11 

This is was does my head in with some fans worrying how much money we make on transfers, as if we get a cut of it, or the club gives us discount tickets, but oh no, we only go and waste the money, leaving us fans stuck with some very ordinary players to watch week in/out, and were the one's paying money to watch it, so who's the real fools ?

5 hours ago, coco said:

This is was does my head in with some fans worrying how much money we make on transfers, as if we get a cut of it, or the club gives us discount tickets, but oh no, we only go and waste the money, leaving us fans stuck with some very ordinary players to watch week in/out, and were the one's paying money to watch it, so who's the real fools ?

The capture of Pulisic seems a progressive move and a good one. Young and has shown talent and looks to be useful in positions where we have older players. 

If we could also do some business for the wide back positions that would be good too, although short term the Joginho cover is probably going to be priority after a striker.

If he wants to go let him go now. Get the most we can for him and we wont have to stomach him as a false 9 anymore.

He has been poor for weeks and his heart does not seem in it. I cannot say I blame him he is being misused by yet another manager.

Edited by axman2526

I think he should be sold too. No point keeping a player who has had his head turned by Real Madrid. I don't think this helps the dressing room whatsoever.

As well as him, Willian should be given the boot. I think those are two of the most troublesome players at the moment for different reasons. 

19 hours ago, axman2526 said:

If he wants to go let him go now. Get the most we can for him and we wont have to stomach him as a false 9 anymore.

He has been poor for weeks and his heart does not seem in it. I cannot say I blame him he is being misused by yet another manager.

Really? only like a week ago agaisnt Spurs away he was like a one man army in the second half, he was excellent.

27 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Really? only like a week ago agaisnt Spurs away he was like a one man army in the second half, he was excellent.

This is the trouble now with Hazard. If he isn't brilliant and putting in match-winning 10/10 performances every game, folk give it the "he doesn't want to be here / doesn't look arsed" line. 

He's a human being NOT a miracle worker. We all know that he will never quite be Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo standard. At times he is exceptional, our best player by far and best in the PL, but he cannot do it every week - especially when he is being played as a false f**king 9!!!

This is the problem with Eden. Hazard isn't elite. He is a fantastic player on his day, but his day is far too infrequent to be classed as elite. He will win you games on his own SOMETIMES, but he's never going to be an incredible goal scorer. He's the best player we have, but he still never got close to Mertens' numbers under Sarri the previous two seasons at Napoli, and I wouldn't class Mertens elite neither. This is why I believe we should cash in in the summer and bring in somebody with an eye for goal with great movement.

Liverpool have a great front three because they all enjoy scoring goals, but Hazard doesn't have that hunger for goals City or Liverpool's front three have. Heck, for all the hype Hazard gets, Heung Min Son of Spurs has similar stats when it comes to goals/assists. Like plenty of people have said previously, Hazard has all the talent in the world, but for many years it's been wasted and no coach has been able to unlock his hunger for goals. 

Edited by enigma

Maybe managers should look at Hazard as the creator and rely on other players for goals.

But we had this problem for a long time, Hazard is the only one who looked like scoring, even when Costa was here, as soon as it gets cold we had to rely on Hazard magic.

I know for a fact if Hazard was at City he’ll be seen as the creator, abit like Silva, rather than say, a Ronaldo.

Although the most frustrating thing is he’s very capable of getting Messi numbers in one season, he just doesn’t have the mindset for it. Still a bloody fantastic player though.

5 minutes ago, enigma said:

This is the problem with Eden. Hazard isn't elite. He is a fantastic player on his day, but his day is far too infrequent to be classed as elite. He will win you games on his own SOMETIMES, but he's never going to be an incredible goal scorer. He's the best player we have, but he still never got close to Mertens' numbers under Sarri the previous two seasons at Napoli, and I wouldn't class Mertens elite neither. This is why I believe we should cash in in the summer and bring in somebody with an eye for goal with great movement.

Liverpool have a great front three because they all enjoy scoring goals, but Hazard doesn't have that hunger for goals City or Liverpool's front three have. Heck, for all the hype Hazard gets, Heung Min Son of Spurs has similar stats when it comes to goals/assists. Like plenty of people have said previously, Hazard has all the talent in the world, but for many years it's been wasted and no coach has been able to unlock his hunger for goals. 

Can't help but laugh when i read these type of posts. 

Liverpool have a great front 3 because they've got THREE players that can score and assist. We've got 1 player who can score and assist. 

10 goals and 10 assists Halfway through the season, directly involved in half of the goals we've scored  and your conclusion is he's the f*cking problem ?! 

8 minutes ago, Hazard10 said:

Can't help but laugh when i read these type of posts. 

Liverpool have a great front 3 because they've got THREE players that can score and assist. We've got 1 player who can score and assist. 

10 goals and 10 assists Halfway through the season, directly involved in half of the goals we've scored  and your conclusion is he's the f*cking problem ?! 

Hazard has had two poor seasons as well when he dropped tools and didn't bother. He is just as bad as the others. Just a shame we have to rely on him because our scouting and signings have been crap in recent years. We wouldn't have to rely on him if we actually bought smart like those clubs have. Liverpool bought well when they bought Mane and Firmino, even Salah. City bought smart when they bought Sane and Sterling. Spurs bought smart when they bought Son. These type of players have been out there to acquire, but we never did. 

All I can say is that if we wanted to put Eden in a position where he chooses to leave rather than the club have to force him out, we couldn't be doing a better job of it (ditto CHO).

Ya RM is in transition (so are we, what 6 years and counting now with a new twist/plan every other season?) but you know RM will spend what they have to in order to get the roster they want. That aside, softer league to play in for Hazard and he'll probably get to play in a position he likes as opposed to one that clearly frustrates him and makes him a fraction of the player he can be.

I still think he can be convinced to stay if he starts enjoying his football again like he did prior to the Christmas period...... but unless Sarri gets a striker he wants, I can see Eden playing the false nine until he hands in his transfer request at the end of the season..... sad thing is if that's the case we'll likely be losing our best player, our best youth prospect, be stuck with a bunch of older non-performers and have no CL football again unless things start changing. 

32 minutes ago, enigma said:

Hazard has had two poor seasons as well when he dropped tools and didn't bother. He is just as bad as the others. Just a shame we have to rely on him because our scouting and signings have been crap in recent years. We wouldn't have to rely on him if we actually bought smart like those clubs have. Liverpool bought well when they bought Mane and Firmino, even Salah. City bought smart when they bought Sane and Sterling. Spurs bought smart when they bought Son. These type of players have been out there to acquire, but we never did. 

He's had 1 poor season, 1 poor season where it was revealed he was struggling with injuries throughout. He was not poor last season if that is what you are getting at. He was still by far our most dangerous player and had a dip mid way through which seen us drop off. It didn't help that he was being moved out of position throughout once Morata turned to sh*t. It also didn't help when he was being asked to do all of the attacking by himself.

Maybe Hazard has these odd dips because he gets burnt out. Being asked to carry us almost every season since he signed is asking a hell of a lot from him. He's not a miracle worker, there needs to be others that step up when he can't.

13 minutes ago, Old Shaggy said:

Have to admit, I won't shed a tear if/when Eden leaves. Great player on his day. Far too many off days for a truly great player though.

So because he has a few off days it means you are not fussed if he leaves? We better sell the whole squad then because Hazard has fewer off days than anybody else.

It always annoys me seeing the amount of criticism Hazard receives from some Chelsea fans. If he is playing awful and not contributing then fair enough, but the guy has consistently been either scoring or creating goals for team mates all season. It's not just this season either, it's every season. Name one Chelsea player in the last 7 years that has contributed more to the team than Hazard? You can't name one because there isn't one. Hazard is by far our best player and we will be a lot worse off without him.

Whenever we go through a run of poor performances, Hazard's name tends to get bought up as a problem. The problem isn't Hazard, the problem is the rest of the team not contributing when he can't. If you rely on one player, eventually that player is going to have a dip in form and results are going to suffer because of it. If we actually had players that stepped up when Hazard isn't at his best, then maybe we wouldn't see this.

Lampard, Drogba, Robben, Cole, Terry, all of these players had dips in form throughout a season too, the difference is that all of these players had other players around them that would step up for us. Lampard would get 20+ goals a season, but even his performances dipped a lot. It usually took Lampard a few months into the season before his performances got going.

The hate for Eden is unreal!! Because our player recruitment has been so good ? We have an assembly line of fantastic players just ready to take over once Eden leaves right ?

This guy is part of the reason why we have 2 EPL trophies plus his assists and goals this season are what has us in the top 4 hunt and we want to talk sh*t about him. Says more about the fans mentality these days.

And here lies the Dilemma, i don't see Hazard as an Answer to Real Ms problems, they have an abundance of Playmakers, but no focal point, i haven't seen a concrete link saying Real M want him, if they spunk £100 million on EH, they have to spend more on a goalscorer, and Real don't seem to be going down the Galactico route any longer

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Funnily enough before I even saw your post I was looking at Sons stats earlier. Hazard has played 700 more minutes and has scored 2 more goals than Son, plus Hazard is penalty taker and scored 3 or 4 pens. 

1 minute ago, Ernie_blue said:

If Real want Hazard then he leaves, if Real don't then Hazard stays. Really think it's that simple, if Hazard was that desperate to stay he would have already signed the contract with 18 months to go.

Thats far to simplistic:wink:

I think letting him go is the best thing at this point. He can move on. We can move on. Everyone can just get over it. The reluctance to sign a contract is pretty obvious he wants to go, and he shouldn't expect our board to start bringing in world class players any time soon. 

33 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

So because he has a few off days it means you are not fussed if he leaves? We better sell the whole squad then because Hazard has fewer off days than anybody else.

I'm currently on my tablet, so my reply will be short. 

Firstly, in my opinion, there have been far more than "a few off days" for someone who is considered world class.

And secondly, bib. We're discussing Hazard in this thread, so why would I mention any other players? There are loads in our squad who are underperforming, but that's for another yhread.