I wouldn't read too much into his comments, the first half sounded quite bad but then he compared us to Real Madrid who won 5-0 against the European Champions on their own turf the day before.

When English isn't your first language it's very easy to say what you don't mean, put the bit about not playing football in the context of being compared to RM and it's not negative, and what he said is true.

Edited by Jonty

Saw this comment on DM:

The DM are cutting his quotes and interchanging them which gives a totally false impression of what he meant. I saw the interview and unlike you, I speak French. He certainly wasn't glum and the "we are not set to play football" came in the middle of his interview, it was not what he said first, which is what this article tries to imply. In French, "jouer au foot" is a synonym of "possession". We also say "faire tourner le ballon". That's what he meant, he even went on to say that we are a counter attacking team. Nice try, DM.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2617389/Eden-Hazard-criticises-Jose-Mourinhos-tactics-saying-Chelsea-arent-set-play-football-defeat-Atletico-Madrid.html#ixzz30SDSXHEL 

in the actual interview he said we need to learn from our mistakes next season. Hardly a comment from someone who doesn't think he'll be here next year.

Unless he wins player of the year, or starts scoring a sh*t load of goals. I dobt think we struggle to keep him, as we value him higher than anyone would pay.

"I don't know what we lacked. After scoring, we had the game in our hands. Maybe they wanted it more than we did. It was an intense game, beautiful to watch with opportunities.

I'm sad but logic has been respected because they deserved to qualify. Chelsea is not made to 'play football'. We're good on the counter, a little bit like Real against Bayern.

We did it well tonight since we scored. But their goal hurt us before the break. We failed to make the difference in the second half. Often, I'm asked to do it all by myself and it's not easy. It was a complicated game. It will be a lesson for us regarding next year."

^ What he actually said. To be fair he's right about being forced to carry the attack on his own sometimes, but he shouldn't be making this kind of comment publicly. Thankfully the concluding sentences seem to suggest he's not unsettled by it.

Guest RFC_CFC

The problem is, this season we're relying on him to create, whereas last season we had other player/s to create too. I hope next season we have more players to create and not have to rely on eden all the time.

We should already have them.

We have Willain, Schurrle, Oscar and Salah....add in Hazard and there 'should' be enough there to chip in.

I have been so dissapointed with Oscar and Willain in that regard, they just havent chipped in with Hazard this season.

We have spent an absolute fortune on attacking mids and for only one to be doing his job is a bit of a worry.

I don't want to judge any of our attacking midfielders for this season, it's the lethal center forward in front of them, opening up space and running the back line that they have been missing. Oscar especially will improve with better players in front of him.

Guest RFC_CFC

I don't want to judge any of our attacking midfielders for this season, it's the lethal center forward in front of them, opening up space and running the back line that they have been missing. Oscar especially will improve with better players in front of him.

They still should be doing far better than they have been.

Mata done it with the same 'poor' strikers last season so why can Willain, Oscar ect not do it?

I think in large our AM have been below par this season.

A large number of journalists really dislike us, either because of Abramovich or Mourinho.  They will take every opportunity to gloat over our misfortunes and put the boot in where they can.  

I'd like to give more than few a good slap.

I'd piss myself if we somehow nicked the league.  If not, then come on City.

Guest RFC_CFC

A large number of journalists really dislike us, either because of Abramovich or Mourinho. They will take every opportunity to gloat over our misfortunes and put the boot in where they can.

I'd like to give more than few a good slap.

I'd piss myself if we somehow nicked the league. If not, then come on City.

It's been the same ever since Roman took over.

They hated the fact a Russian billionaire brought us success with his money.

City done worse but yet get away with it because we were the first...and most sucessful club that went down that route.

Let them hate away, it just shows we are still at the top.

It's been the same ever since Roman took over.

They hated the fact a Russian billionaire brought us success with his money.

City done worse but yet get away with it because we were the first...and most sucessful club that went down that route.

Let them hate away, it just shows we are still at the top.

I would argue it was like that when Bates was in charge. Didn't he want to ban the journalists coming to Da Bridge? I think Poyet says it the best, (speaking to journos) "You always have something write about Chelsea. They win you write about them. They lose you write about them. They are always in crisis. I guess it sells papers."

Edited by robdog

I'm yet to be convinced that a striker will solve all our problems. We've been piss poor this season at creating clear cut chances.

And yet were the 3rd highest scorers in the league, ahead of that amazingly attacking lovely football playing arsenal. I don't think were far off and a 20 goal striker would help massively. We create a hell of a lot of chances, we just don't finish enough of them.

And yet were the 3rd highest scorers in the league, ahead of that amazingly attacking lovely football playing arsenal. I don't think were far off and a 20 goal striker would help massively. We create a hell of a lot of chances, we just don't finish enough of them.

I meant when we are playing against teams that like to park the bus.

Edited by Mamizcar

I meant against the parked buses.

Which we did create loads of chances against. Other than the brom game all the ones we post against lesser teams saw us create a bucket load of chances, which we pissed away. Creating chances is notbour problem. Scoring them is.