Jump to content


big blue

Eden Hazard


Recommended Posts

Q: Look, I have a friend who has been playing in the Premier League for 7 years. At a club that plays in blue. He has won everything there and is ready for a new challenge. He is now in the interest of another club, one in a white outfit. What would you recommend to this boy?"

Eden Hazard: "Well, buy that friend a white shirt.” #CFC #RMCF (HLN)

 

Didnt take long for his first comment about Real Madrid did it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JM7 said:

Q: Look, I have a friend who has been playing in the Premier League for 7 years. At a club that plays in blue. He has won everything there and is ready for a new challenge. He is now in the interest of another club, one in a white outfit. What would you recommend to this boy?"

Eden Hazard: "Well, buy that friend a white shirt.” #CFC #RMCF (HLN)

 

Didnt take long for his first comment about Real Madrid did it...

Where is this quote and question? I want to see it. Also pretty sad state of affairs if its true. Can only blame the board for lacking ambition. I used to be pissed off at Hazard for flirting with Madrid but not anymore. He gave us a lot of chances to change for the best, but we have accepted mediocrity. We are top 4 at best in England and there are many other clubs in other leagues better then us and with more ambition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What our the clubs options ?

If an arrangement was agreed upon pre-season for Eden to be sold with 12mths left, then surel it is just a matter of how much the fee will be.

But with the unforeseen transfer ban being handed down, we may block his move.

It woud be a mistake to keep Eden if something has been agreed upon, we would not get the best out of him next season, and we have what seems like an upcoming world class replacement, backed by his call up to the first xi by Southgate.

Time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, coco said:

What our the clubs options ?

If an arrangement was agreed upon pre-season for Eden to be sold with 12mths left, then surel it is just a matter of how much the fee will be.

But with the unforeseen transfer ban being handed down, we may block his move.

It woud be a mistake to keep Eden if something has been agreed upon, we would not get the best out of him next season, and we have what seems like an upcoming world class replacement, backed by his call up to the first xi by Southgate.

Time to move on.

Completely agree, throw all our eggs in CHO's basket. Show him we're serious and give him a serious role in the team. Forever thankful for what Eden has given the club and will be remembered as a legend but time to move on for both our sakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Completely agree, throw all our eggs in CHO's basket.

I agree, but it might be too late for that too.

His contract-situation is the same as Hazards and he's already handed in one transfer request and declined multiple contract-offers from us. If Bayern comes back for him chances are that we have lost him as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Completely agree, throw all our eggs in CHO's basket. Show him we're serious and give him a serious role in the team. Forever thankful for what Eden has given the club and will be remembered as a legend but time to move on for both our sakes.

I will be shocked if CHO is a Chelsea player in September 2020. Regardless of what we do, I don't see how he stays. Same with hazard.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he is gone. I dont have any negative feeling towards him, he is one of the best players in the world, and he wants to be playing at the highest level. The club haven't done enough to even get close to matching his ambitions, we dont have a team good enough to qualify regularly for the champions league, let alone win it. 

My only hope is that the ban gets delayed so we can go some way to replacing him, add the £100m to sales of morata, bakayoko, batshuayi, then the likes of Willian, Alonso etc, and we have easily enough funds to build a better team, than the one hazard has been playing in the last couple of seasons. 

Kepa

James Christiansen rudiger TELLES

Kante RLC 

PEPE FELIX Hudson-odoi 

JOVIC

If the ban comes in though, it's going to be a tough year or two, whether hazard is here or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think he is gone. I dont have any negative feeling towards him, he is one of the best players in the world, and he wants to be playing at the highest level. The club haven't done enough to even get close to matching his ambitions, we dont have a team good enough to qualify regularly for the champions league, let alone win it. 

My only hope is that the ban gets delayed so we can go some way to replacing him, add the £100m to sales of morata, bakayoko, batshuayi, then the likes of Willian, Alonso etc, and we have easily enough funds to build a better team, than the one hazard has been playing in the last couple of seasons. 

Kepa

James Christiansen rudiger TELLES

Kante RLC 

PEPE FELIX Hudson-odoi 

JOVIC

If the ban comes in though, it's going to be a tough year or two, whether hazard is here or not.

Assuming CHO actually wants to stay 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DannyBoy said:

Assuming CHO actually wants to stay 

?

If he only has to compete with pulisic and pepe, you would hope he would want to stay. 

Maybe give him the number 10 shirt as a sweetener!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think he is gone. I dont have any negative feeling towards him, he is one of the best players in the world, and he wants to be playing at the highest level. The club haven't done enough to even get close to matching his ambitions, we dont have a team good enough to qualify regularly for the champions league, let alone win it. 

My only hope is that the ban gets delayed so we can go some way to replacing him, add the £100m to sales of morata, bakayoko, batshuayi, then the likes of Willian, Alonso etc, and we have easily enough funds to build a better team, than the one hazard has been playing in the last couple of seasons. 

Kepa

James Christiansen rudiger TELLES

Kante RLC 

PEPE FELIX Hudson-odoi 

JOVIC

If the ban comes in though, it's going to be a tough year or two, whether hazard is here or not.

I have no hope the board will buy quality players. Theyre lazy and lack ambition. Its better for them to spend huge money on dross and have an easy deal, then actually negotiate hard to get good players in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, big blue said:

If he only has to compete with pulisic and pepe, you would hope he would want to stay. 

Maybe give him the number 10 shirt as a sweetener!

I'd say it's dependant on whether Sarri either a) leaves at the end of the season (and even then there's no guarantee he'd get the nod from the new manager (although you'd have thought that's the case)), or b) Sarri actually starts giving him some decent playing time. It's obviously gotten to a point for him that he's unhappy enough in the club to have put in a transfer request.

If the feeling amongst the players is anything like the fans with regards to the Hazard situation and having the feeling that Hazard is going to be gone come the start of next season or the season after, if we decide to run his contract down, hasn't done anything to persuade him to stay then not sure what will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already accepted that he's going, and I think mostly everyone else has also, I don't hold any bad feelings towards him. 

It's his decision and sadly I really can't blame him, we're holding him back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I've already accepted that he's going, and I think mostly everyone else has also, I don't hold any bad feelings towards him. 

It's his decision and sadly I really can't blame him, we're holding him back. 

He couldn't do much against Fulham,Everton but saved us from defeat vs Wolves...goes to play in the national team and scores easy goals.

At this point he does deserve a better team so good luck in Real Madrid, we'll be fine with Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He couldn't do much against Fulham,Everton but saved us from defeat vs Wolves...goes to play in the national team and scores easy goals.

At this point he does deserve a better team so good luck in Real Madrid, we'll be fine with Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic.

That's the main thing here, I don't think we've ever seen his true potential whilst in a Chelsea shirt, purely because we dont have the right players in the team around him. Besides the moments of solo brilliance that he pulls off like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, fact is that we just don't have the players to bring out the most in him. And that's a shame. I think one of the major plus sides for him being here rather than somewhere else is that we don't have to play against him lol.

Regardless, whether he goes this summer or next summer on a free (think this would be a mistake personally), his mind is made up. And I don't blame him at all, he's done awesome things for this club since arriving and there's only so much you can expect one of, if not THE, best players in the world to stick around and hold themselves back from their potential.

On the plus side, if/when we do sort out our mess, once we have a team of players that truly compliment each other and we have a solid style in place, I don't think we'll be any worse off without him the way we have the team setup currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He couldn't do much against Fulham,Everton but saved us from defeat vs Wolves...goes to play in the national team and scores easy goals.

At this point he does deserve a better team so good luck in Real Madrid, we'll be fine with Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic.

Those Everton and Fulham games are the games where I get frustrated with Eden. Why couldn't he do much?

He's an absolutely amazing player and is electric most of the time, especially against the top teams. He should be tearing teams the likes of Fulham and Everton apart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he wants to go so badly, he deserves to get it. What really bugs me is the danger of becoming the face of the second failed Galacticos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More rumourse that Hazard has agreed terms with Real, just waiting on them to agree the fee (rumoured at 98m). Ruthless with Belgium the other night but something tells me he is over Chelsea and we are no longer seeing his best.

Im not too worried if we lose him, despite the transfer ban. We need to give our youth and loan players a chance now, our team can be solid next year if we just give some a little faith. CHO and Pulisic should be starters, Tammy should be given a good chance and share minutes with Higuain, RLC should be first name picked in our midfield. The only position of real concern is left back, Alonso has lost the plot, Emerson is OK but not sure he is good enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only thing I don't like about this situation how we are not even getting to what he's worth today, all high profile players went for a very high price which helped the club to find good replacements at least 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Brit said:

we have a maximum of 13 competitive games left of seeing hazard in a chelsea shirt...make the most of it everyone

Hopefully we get to see him at his best and does not just phone it in as it were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...