big blue

Eden Hazard

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

He's most likely leaving what I don't understand is why the British media is pushing him to go/ want him to go. 

The British media I believe have had a lot of hatred towards Chelsea for many years

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

He's most likely leaving what I don't understand is why the British media is pushing him to go/ want him to go. 

They are an odd bunch. They seem to do this with every big player in the Premier League. I have no idea why, we need these players in the Premier League.

50 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Meaning he knows but wont say as we made the final.

I tend to agree, although I think he's been similarly vague for sometime now.

I think he is being vague because he doesn’t know yet, and is leaving it to the club to decide.

If the asking price is met he will leave, if not he will play out his deal and leave as a free agent next summer. He comes across as very laid back and relaxed, and his attitude to the next year is probably the same. He is too classy to force anything too I think.

I have a sneeky feeling he's really torn between us and Real and genuinely wants to stay but always had the dream of playing for real and Zidane since he was a boy.

He knows he will not get the love and affection he gets from us at Real even when he's not playing well we love him, a few bad games in Madrid and he will be getting booed.

So right now if he goes I will still cheer him and understand he's given us so much an deserves to make the choice he wants

When I heard he won goal of the season, I assumed it was the West Ham one ?

Just shows how good of a player he is. He has had a few goals this season which were contenders. Liverpool, West Ham, Cardiff...

19 hours ago, bisright1 said:

If those 50m for willian rumours are ever true, maybe just sell willian and take the hit on hazard next season. Especially if we are banned from transfers this summer. 

Yeah, but who in their right mind would offer £50m for Willian after the season he has had?

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Yeah, but who in their right mind would offer £50m for Willian after the season he has had?

https://talksport.com/football/537403/barcelona-chelsea-willian-transfer-news-updates/

30m on this rumour. But up that to 40m, keep hazard, let him go for free. Effectively costing us 60m for a year of hazard because we won't get much for willian in a year! 

(But I don't actually believe these rumours. WHY anyone would pay more than 10m for willian confuses me)

If I was marina, id start leaking this as an idea. Could get Madrid to ramp up their price

Edited by bisright1

Real losing 3-1 to Real Sociedad, is going to Real really that much of an upgrade for Eden?

Edit: Zidane has not impressed me since he got rehired..

Edited by quik

48 minutes ago, quik said:

Real losing 3-1 to Real Sociedad, is going to Real really that much of an upgrade for Eden?

And we have been better than them this season too. Lost fewer games in the league, got more points in the league, conceded fewer goals in the league, played more games, got to two finals, scored more goals in all competitions. Hazard would just be swapping one team that are rebuilding for another team rebuilding.

1 hour ago, quik said:

I don’t think the state of Real is part of the equation for Hazard.  It’s his dream club and the manager is his hero.

Also one difference between us and Real - they will spend more money than we will on the rebuild, regardless of whether we have a transfer ban or not.

“I've made my decision. I'm still waiting like you & the fans are waiting. I wanted this matter to be resolved sooner but that didn't happen. I told Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.” Does a Top 4 finish change your mind? “No. I made my decision, that's it."

On 08/04/2019 at 09:51, ForeverCarefree said:

Didn't stop players like Rooney, Owen and Ronaldo. 

CHO looks the real deal. Throw him in at the deep end next season and there's no knowing just how good he can be. 

Personally I think CHO is a good few years away from being what we need, right now he is a kid with potential he hasn’t done close to enough to nail down the wing in a top club, he reminds me of sterling, it took until now to get the best out of him, pulisic will be there long before him not just because I’d the age but technically he is more advanced, CHO has more natural talent but he is a long way off technically if we are honest yiu see glimpses of it but he needs to work 

42 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

“I've made my decision. I'm still waiting like you & the fans are waiting. I wanted this matter to be resolved sooner but that didn't happen. I told Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.” Does a Top 4 finish change your mind? “No. I made my decision, that's it."

Sounds like he is off with Madrid offering €100m. 

Sucks that we never really did anything in the CL while he was here. He is partly to blame for that as he never really shone in the CL. Even when we got to semi's we went out with a whimper. Part of the reason I can never hold him up there with the Lampard/Terry/Drogba tier players.