I think if we had kept Mata this season we would have won the league. I think we have been needing more creativity especially when we didn't have Hazard in the side. Mata was like our own David Silva, the magician, he could have broken teams down when we needed to.

For the thousandth time, beginning of the season he didn't help, and in the past 2 years there has been the same type of results against the same type of teams even with Mata in the side.

Look at united'd results. Mata does not equal a win against these sides.

Edited by Stim

For the thousandth time, beginning of the season he didn't help, and in the past 2 years there has been the same type of results against the same type of teams even with Mata in the side.

At the start of the season we had Oscar and Willian playing really well, Mata would have been very useful when every other player wasn't turning up.

Past two seasons hardly count when it comes to contending for a title now does it.

No, but it shows that Mata does not equal a win against Villa, Sunderland etc.

You don't think he would have had any influence at all?

If we never had Mata the past two seasons do you think we would have won as many games? Probably wouldn't have won 40% of them. Mata had a classic first touch and a sharp eye for the pass, when he got the ball everyone in the team would make runs because he was a true playmaker. Probably one of the best we have ever had here.

I'm not saying I disagree with selling him, I trust in Mourinho and I believe in the end it will be the right decision but I think he would have helped massively in some of our games this season.

Edited by Slawth

Mata had a knack of digging the team out of trouble. He scored goals at important moments. His set peice delivery and creativity was a lot better than what we currently have. He was on the same wavelength as Hazard. He was universally a fan favourite.

He shouldn't have been sold, whatever this ridiculous 'philosophy'.

But no point in talking Mata anymore.

What's done is done.

You can't give instructions to Hazard that he can't try things on the off chance he loses the ball that lead to a goal. If that is the case sell all our attacking players and buy robots.

To think you are called Zola would he get a game for Jose? or would you and Jose kill him for losing the ball or not working hard enough.

OK. For the millionath time.mata was better than anything we have at the moment in the number 10.no?

OK. For the millionath time.mata was better than anything we have at the moment in the number 10.no?

Quite possibly. But was/isn't a strong enough character. JM said all along he didn't want to sell him, but Mata chose to leave rather than dig in and get his shirt back

In my opinion, for what it's worth, Oscar will become a better player than Mata

Quite possibly. But was/isn't a strong enough character. JM said all along he didn't want to sell him, but Mata chose to leave rather than dig in and get his shirt back

In my opinion, for what it's worth, Oscar will become a better player than Mata

Not as a number 10 he won't, Oscar couldn't assist a granny with her shopping bags.

Getting back on the actual topic, this is very significant and is another slap in the face for those that want to make out Eden's relationship with Jose is bad and he wants out

Getting back on the actual topic, this is very significant and is another slap in the face for those that want to make out Eden's relationship with Jose is bad and he wants out

Do people not remember Jose's comment about Carvalho needing an IQ test?

We went on to concede just 13 goals the following season.