Eden Hazard

big blue

Speaking to the Belgian newspaper Le Dernière Heure, he said: “I am staying at Chelsea 100%.

“Of course in football you never know but I am under contract with Chelsea and I want to stay there. And I am in discussions with Chelsea for a new contract.

“It is only the beginning of the talks right now so we have time, but the fact that Chelsea have offered me a new deal means they have a lot of confidence in me that I can do a good job and that they can count on me. PSG never made any suggestions to me personally.”

Just wish he had come out and said this weeks ago when all this PSG gobsh*te was floating around. He didn't really help the situation, but at the end of the day he probably didn't really give a f**k so just blanked it. Good to see he is committed.

He really doesn't need to publicly comment on every bit of speculation.

He's never suggested or hinted he is looking to leave the club and taking over the number 10 shirt was statement enough of how the club values him and that he was looking forward to playing for us next season. 

He really doesn't need to publicly comment on every bit of speculation.

He's never suggested or hinted he is looking to leave the club and taking over the number 10 shirt was statement enough of how the club values him and that he was looking forward to playing for us next season. 

didnt suggest he "needed" to do anything, simply stating the fact that this could have been averted had he taken the first opportunity to nip it in the bud, but didnt bother. See previous comment re: not really giving a f**k about it.

didnt suggest he "needed" to do anything, simply stating the fact that this could have been averted had he taken the first opportunity to nip it in the bud, but didnt bother. See previous comment re: not really giving a f**k about it.

What was there to "avert". 

It was a baseless tabloid rumour, Hazard has said they didn't approach him so what exactly was he meant to "nip in the bud"?

He's got 3 years left on his current contract, voted player of the season, given the number 10 shirt, given constant praise and backing by the manager this season....

It was a baseless tabloid rumour, Hazard has said they didn't approach him so what exactly was he meant to "nip in the bud"?

He's got 3 years left on his current contract, voted player of the season, given the number 10 shirt, given constant praise and backing by the manager this season....

he could have "averted" the constant rumours that were circulating by taking the first opportunity to say what he has just recently said, that he is 100% committed to chelsea. as for it being a "baseless tabloid rumour", I'm fairly sure that with direct quotes from PSG's manager stating CLEARLY that he was interested in signing Hazard it is safe to assume that with the billions sitting in their bank account that they could be seen as a risk. 

Lauren Blanc's quotes released 23 May 2014. :

'A player who an eliminate three, four players at any time a game is something else,'

'We do not know what to expect with these players. They destabilise the opponent.

[Asked when Hazard was a transfer target] 'Of course. But there is also a Plan C. We will first focus on the areas of game where you want to recruit and propose three solutions. But we know that we want Plan A.'

Edited by CFC_RFC_TID!

and regarding the "constant backing", these comments from Jose are somewhat contradictory to your assertion:

"Eden is the kind of player that is not so mentally ready to look back to his left-back and to leave his life for him. If you see the first goal of Atletico you completely understand where the mistake was and why we conceded that goal.

"The perfect team at the top level cannot make these kinds of mistakes. I'm not happy,I speak all season and I try to improve him all season."

The lad is class. Every other week at the bridge he looks like the real deal, true class with electric pace, incredible touch and an ability to destroy 4 players at once and leave them on their arse. The guy is young, he has room to improve, and THAT is the scary thing. I want him to stay, and with him coming out and stating his commitment for the record that he is happy to stay is exellent. I see no value in arguing on here over whether he should have said this or should not have said that, I simply stated that I WISH he had come out earlier and said this and saved us all the concern that PSG might just wade in and shovel bags of cash at him to convince him to move.

End of story.

Edited by CFC_RFC_TID!

he could have "averted" the constant rumours that were circulating by taking the first opportunity to say what he has just recently said, that he is 100% committed to chelsea. as for it being a "baseless tabloid rumour", I'm fairly sure that with direct quotes from PSG's manager stating CLEARLY that he was interested in signing Hazard it is safe to assume that with the billions sitting in their bank account that they could be seen as a risk. 

Lauren Blanc's quotes released 23 May 2014. :

'A player who an eliminate three, four players at any time a game is something else,'

'We do not know what to expect with these players. They destabilise the opponent.

[Asked when Hazard was a transfer target] 'Of course. But there is also a Plan C. We will first focus on the areas of game where you want to recruit and propose three solutions. But we know that we want Plan A.'

6 days ago:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/03/eden-hazard-chelsea-paris-saint-germain

Hazard says he is staying at Chelsea.

1 month ago:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/02/jose-mourinho-chelsea-eden-hazard-not-for-sale

Mourinho saying Hazard must learn but will stay.

Over a month ago:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/28/jose-mourinho-psg-oscar-eden-hazard-300m

Mourinho mocks PSG's alleged interest in Hazard and Oscar and says only a ridulous £300m bid would mean the club might consider selling. 

There's been a clear and consistent message from the player and club he isn't going anywhere... Just because Blanc has said he admires him and would like him at PSG I don't see why it's Hazard's responsibility to consistently reaffirm his intention to stay, if anything I prefer he keeps his head down and gets on with it or otherwise it ends up being like Lukaku who talks too much all the time. 

Will the real Eden Hazard please stand up? Until recently there appeared to be two. One is the feted Chelsea talisman who was easily one of the best performers in the Premier League last season and made more “key passes” than any other player. But for Belgium, who go into this World Cup less as dark horses and more as neon-clad stallions – such is the richness of their attacking options – Hazard has too often underwhelmed.

The former Lille player scored 14 Premier League goals for Chelsea last season yet in 45 games for his country he has managed just six, two of them penalties. Belgium’s coach, Marc Wilmots, whose side is packed full of talent that is untested in tournament football, prefers to emphasise the collective over the individual. “I have replaced the ‘I, I, I’ with the ‘we, we, we’,” he said.

But in a World Cup that looks set to be lit up by bold attacking, he urged Hazard to seize his chance on the eve of the match. “He is one of the players who can be among the five best in the world. He has everything he needs and now it is up to him to release the handbrake and go,” he said. “He is 23 years old and playing his first tournament. We will see how he goes. He has everything he needs.”

Playing largely on the wing rather than in his more roving Chelsea role, until recently Hazard was too often a peripheral figure for his country. Early in his international career there was even an undercurrent of mistrust that Hazard had been developed in France rather than within the Belgian system.

Wilmots has also said Hazard must now improve his goalscoring return, comparing him to Zinedine Zidane in one breath while urging him to contribute more in the next. “I love Eden, but I ask him to be more decisive,” he said recently.

This World Cup is a big opportunity for Eden prove his quality on a big stage.

I think next season is going to be a big season for him, he's got the opportunity to affirm himself as our most important player. 

Will the real Eden Hazard please stand up? Until recently there appeared to be two. One is the feted Chelsea talisman who was easily one of the best performers in the Premier League last season and made more “key passes” than any other player. But for Belgium, who go into this World Cup less as dark horses and more as neon-clad stallions – such is the richness of their attacking options – Hazard has too often underwhelmed.

The former Lille player scored 14 Premier League goals for Chelsea last season yet in 45 games for his country he has managed just six, two of them penalties. Belgium’s coach, Marc Wilmots, whose side is packed full of talent that is untested in tournament football, prefers to emphasise the collective over the individual. “I have replaced the ‘I, I, I’ with the ‘we, we, we’,” he said.

But in a World Cup that looks set to be lit up by bold attacking, he urged Hazard to seize his chance on the eve of the match. “He is one of the players who can be among the five best in the world. He has everything he needs and now it is up to him to release the handbrake and go,” he said. “He is 23 years old and playing his first tournament. We will see how he goes. He has everything he needs.”

Playing largely on the wing rather than in his more roving Chelsea role, until recently Hazard was too often a peripheral figure for his country. Early in his international career there was even an undercurrent of mistrust that Hazard had been developed in France rather than within the Belgian system.

Wilmots has also said Hazard must now improve his goalscoring return, comparing him to Zinedine Zidane in one breath while urging him to contribute more in the next. “I love Eden, but I ask him to be more decisive,” he said recently.

This World Cup is a big opportunity for Eden prove his quality on a big stage.

I think next season is going to be a big season for him, he's got the opportunity to affirm himself as our most important player. 

I think he'll step up this world cup, have a great feeling about him next year!!

• 2 weeks later...

"Obviously the fans enjoy and respect people like Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta, John Terry - people that are so stable during the season and do an incredible job for the team - but people like Eden bring the magic and win matches in one action," said Mourinho on Chelsea's season-review DVD. "They have the flair and the artist's touch of the football.

"At the same time, he was not just that. He had a big evolution and he scored more goals than before. His work-rate for the team improved a lot too so, for a player like him, he deserved it and the fact he was recognised by the fans gives him for sure more appetite for the next season to be even better." 

• 2 weeks later...

Hazard have been a disappointment this WC. He just didn't lived up to the hype. Nothing spectacular especially in the last two games..

I had a lot of faith in him doing well this WC but sadly... guys like Rodriguez and Neymar outperformed him by some distance! 

Anyway one thing I liked about their elimination is Hazard will get some more rest now and hope he'll be much better next season.

Hazard have been a disappointment this WC. He just didn't lived up to the hype. Nothing spectacular especially in the last two games..

I had a lot of faith in him doing well this WC but sadly... guys like Rodriguez and Neymar outperformed him by some distance! 

Anyway one thing I liked about their elimination is Hazard will get some more rest now and hope he'll be much better next season.

I would be happy with the season he has just had again,17 goals and creating more chances than any other player in the premier league. Would be hard to be " Much better next season".

Edited by jack_super_class