Eden on… his brother, Thorgan

“I hope one day I can play with him, whether at Chelsea or the national team. When we were young he tried to take the ball off me but he couldn’t because I was too fast! I am better."

Ha! That's great, does anyone watch Thorgan a lot? I don't hear much about him but I've never seen the dude play really.

Guest RFC_CFC

Eden on… his brother, Thorgan

“I hope one day I can play with him, whether at Chelsea or the national team. When we were young he tried to take the ball off me but he couldn’t because I was too fast! I am better."

Ha! That's great, does anyone watch Thorgan a lot? I don't hear much about him but I've never seen the dude play really.

I'm pretty sure on here someone said Eden said his brother was the better footballer lol.

I always knew that wasn't true but interested to know if he did say that at any point.

I'm pretty sure on here someone said Eden said his brother was the better footballer lol.

I always knew that wasn't true but interested to know if he did say that at any point.

In all fairness RFC, almost every footballer has said that about there siblings, it doesn't really mean much if Hazard has said it. Lukaku said it about his younger brother earlier and that's not true.

The only one which did come as a bit of a surprise was when Kolo Toure told Arsenal that his brother is actually better. All praise Wenger the talent scout eh?

I think from that interview Hazard comes across as a bit of a joker who doesn't take himself to seriously. I like that.

No, no.  Remember when he was toying with everyone about who he was going to sign for?  He was an arrogant prick and needed to stay away from this club..remember?

Personally, I'm not afraid to admit.  I have a bit of a crush on young Eden.  He can be that player in a team who turns up with the one moment of magic.  We are lucky to have him.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Real Madrid will go in for Hazard if Ronaldo leaves next season.

http://www.givemesport.com/502420-real-madrid-want-eden-hazard-to-replace-cristiano-ronaldo

The first thought that entered my mind was that we should say NO.

I don't care what they offer us, i would rather have Hazard than the money, we aren't a selling club. I am tired of Real Madrid getting whoever they want when they feel like it. We should just stand firm and say no. Hazard hasn't even won much with us yet. He has a Europa League title to his name and that is it. We paid £32 million for him. For that much money i want more than just a Europa League title.

Real Madrid can get stuffed. Hazard is our player and i want us to be the team that gets the best out of him.

If Real came in for him he'd be off IMO.

Real is the holy grail for footballers and if they can tempt Ronaldo to leave United in his prime then they can certainly do the same with Hazard.

Like Zola I fear he will leave us in a few years time, reminds me of Robben in that regard.

He'd be worth 70 odd million in the current market..close to what Bale went for.

As with those that have posted above I also think that Hazard will eventually leave us in a couple of years, hopefully with at least one PL title under his belt. If we were able to get £50m out of PSG for Luiz and £28m from Everton for Lukaku, I would think we'd be able to at least match the Bale money from Real Madrid. In a couple of seasons' time Hazard could be up there with Ronaldo and Messi if he develops as he should, in which we'd be looking at a world record transfer.

Of course I'd love for him to stay but Real Madrid are the biggest club in the world, and if they come knocking, very few would say no.

I tend to disagree since it seems as that the setup we have now at the bridge will suit him much better if the club continue to grow.

I can't see many foreign players turning down Real Madrid.

They are the biggest club in the world and many boys from abroad biggest dream is to play for them.

Of course we are a big club but no matter if it's Chelsea, United, Milan, Bayern ect the club most would love to join would be Madrid IMO.

I'd love to see Eden stay here and continue to dazzle us but the realist in me knows he will be gone in a few years.

Chelsea is currently the 4th biggest club in World Football. 

Only behind Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid. 

Take Manchester United out of the equation because he would not go there. That leaves us with only Barcelona and Real Madrid to worry about. I highly doubt Hazard would leave Chelsea for Barcelona especially because their style does not suit him and they have Neymar where he would naturally play. 

So Real Madrid is the only one we would have to worry about. They are stocked in the positions Hazard plays so technically we should not be worried at all, but this is Real Madrid. They'll buy just for the hell of spending money so we could lose Hazard to them.

Chelsea is currently the 4th biggest club in World Football. 

Only behind Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid. 

Take Manchester United out of the equation because he would not go there. That leaves us with only Barcelona and Real Madrid to worry about. I highly doubt Hazard would leave Chelsea for Barcelona especially because their style does not suit him and they have Neymar where he would naturally play. 

So Real Madrid is the only one we would have to worry about. They are stocked in the positions Hazard plays so technically we should not be worried at all, but this is Real Madrid. They'll buy just for the hell of spending money so we could lose Hazard to them

You forgot abut Bayern.

PSG bigger than us ? i don't think so. Hazard won't go back to France, if he does it will be when his career is coming to an end, he has nothing left to achieve in France.

No, not bigger than us - but if Hazard were to leave, they'd definitely be a contender. PSG have many good players who aren't at the end of their careers too.

No, not bigger than us - but if Hazard were to leave, they'd definitely be a contender. PSG have many good players who aren't at the end of their careers too.

French football is not a great competition.

If Hazard goes anywhere it would be Spain.

Hazard has won every personal accolade in France, I very much doubt he would go there.

I actually think we have a good chance of hanging on to him, can't see ronaldo leaving real madrid until his contract is up, and in 4 years time, who knows who will be hot property.

I think our cause could be helped if thorgan can develop into at the least a decent squad player for us.

Apart from Madrid I can't see him going anywhere else.

Hazard has won every personal accolade in France, I very much doubt he would go there.

I actually think we have a good chance of hanging on to him, can't see ronaldo leaving real madrid until his contract is up, and in 4 years time, who knows who will be hot property.

I think our cause could be helped if thorgan can develop into at the least a decent squad player for us.

Apart from Madrid I can't see him going anywhere else.

I don't think having already won Player of the Year means you wouldn't move somewhere, but I too think we have a good chance of keeping him.