Footballers and HGH/Steroids what do you think?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

So football is already dirty enough with match fixing etc. Any of you feel steroids/HGH are becoming a big problem? It's clearly quite common, some of these guys are rugby players! Take for example the most in form player right now, Garreth Bale - he is a juice monkey! He doesn't look normal anymore, but he can run faster than anyone it seems and he's strong as an ox... After lance Armstrong and all of the Baseball controversy why isn't it that big of a talking point in football??

Its something I was wondering last night, very few people can bulk up as much as he has yet keep his speed (or even gain speed) over a few months of training. When you look at the size of him now compared to last season he must have put about 20% bulk on.

My point exactly dkw! Not only has bale added on like 20lbs of muscle but he hasn't lost any speed, if anything he is faster! Not to mention he's got a jaw line that would make Marion jones cringe... I'm just amazed that noone seems to care that bale is becoming the Incredible Hulk+Usain Bolt wrapped into one

I reckon a little muscle building wouldn't go amiss on some of our current squad. It might stop some of them getting barged off the ball so easily by bigger and physically stronger players. Might also see some actually go for 50/50 balls too,  instead of always pulling out or not even going for them.

While it's great to have players with incredible skill and finesse, a little more muscle and bodyweight never hurt anyone.

Its something I was wondering last night, very few people can bulk up as much as he has yet keep his speed (or even gain speed) over a few months of training. When you look at the size of him now compared to last season he must have put about 20% bulk on.

Gareth Bale is tiny compared to Olympic sprinters and slower too. He may be using performance enhancing drugs, but I don't see anything shocking about keeping his speed after bulking up. If you gain weight properly (i.e. lean muscle), you're not going to get slower just because you're heavier. In fact, you're more likely to gain speed. 

Its not that he has bulked up and kept his speed, its more how quickly he has done it. He was knowhere near as big as last season, yet in the space of a few months he bulked up a hell of a lot and seemingly got quicker. This can easily be achieved with proper training, but over a much longer period of time surely.

Its not that he has bulked up and kept his speed, its more how quickly he has done it. He was knowhere near as big as last season, yet in the space of a few months he bulked up a hell of a lot and seemingly got quicker. This can easily be achieved with proper training, but over a much longer period of time surely.

I don't see the huge changes you're referring to, though. Has he put on muscle? Sure, he looks stronger than last year. It's not like he's added 20 pounds of muscle or anything ridiculous like that, though. For a guy who's still not in his prime, who has access to the world's best medical and nutritional aid, I'm really not surprised. That doesn't mean he isn't on something, but he certainly doesn't look like he's been cycling roids to me.

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

My point exactly dkw! Not only has bale added on like 20lbs of muscle but he hasn't lost any speed, if anything he is faster! Not to mention he's got a jaw line that would make Marion jones cringe... I'm just amazed that noone seems to care that bale is becoming the Incredible Hulk+Usain Bolt wrapped into one

stop talking out of your ass. 20lbs of muscle . . . hahaha give me a break

and jesus christ at this thread. yeah bale is genetically a very athletic player, so is ronaldo, lukaku, hulk, yaya toure . . .

why in the world is bale being singled out like this?

I don't see the huge changes you're referring to, though. Has he put on muscle? Sure, he looks stronger than last year. It's not like he's added 20 pounds of muscle or anything ridiculous like that, though. For a guy who's still not in his prime, who has access to the world's best medical and nutritional aid, I'm really not surprised. That doesn't mean he isn't on something, but he certainly doesn't look like he's been cycling roids to me.

I'm probably reading to much into it to be honest, just when I saw him last night I was a bit surprised by just how big he was now. Though in the current climate with drugs in sport it would hardly come as a shock to find it in football.

I'm probably reading to much into it to be honest, just when I saw him last night I was a bit surprised by just how big he was now. Though in the current climate with drugs in sport it would hardly come as a shock to find it in football.

It could be because he got his ears pinned back. Makes the rest of him look bigger as a result. 

stop talking out of your ass. 20lbs of muscle . . . hahaha give me a break

and jesus christ at this thread. yeah bale is genetically a very athletic player, so is ronaldo, lukaku, hulk, yaya toure . . .

why in the world is bale being singled out like this?

lukaku and toure have normal builds...hulk, ronaldo, and bale i belive are all on it...and i work with many athletes on PED's i know the tell tale signs, so you stop talking out of your arse...did i insult your firend bale?

lukaku and toure have normal builds...hulk, ronaldo, and bale i belive are all on it...and i work with many athletes on PED's i know the tell tale signs, so you stop talking out of your arse...did i insult your firend bale?

Pray tell, what are these signs? If you really do work with athletes, then you can't seriously believe you can spot a PED user from "tell tale signs". The designer drugs and closely monitored cycles that these guys are on rarely exhibit anything that obvious. Also, you can't seriously believe he's gained 20 pounds of muscle, can you? You work with athletes, you should know what adding 20 pounds of muscle to an already athletic frame looks like. Here's a hint, it's not this:

Gareth-Bale-is-with-Totte-008.jpg

If that's Gareth Bale from last year + 20 pounds, then I'm Jennifer Lawrence. 

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

i've spent half of my life in the gym. ive helped friends inject AAS. i'm surrounded by juicers 5 days a week

you on the other hand, dont know what 20lbs of muscle looks like and know fuk all about PEDs

Lol quit holding onto the 20lbs boys

Wasn't meant to be an exact figure, and do you know my occupation? No you don't...I work with MMAs for UFC Canada, please tell me more about my life Lane, and please do enlighten me on your half of your life in the gym because it sure does make you an expert

We can talk about Chelsea doping too!! There's talk of Ramires on HGH as well...Damien duff has even admitted to blood spinning whilst at our beloved club...the point of the thread was to discuss if you think it is a big deal in football, forget about bale... Should peds just become the norm or should they ccontinue to be taboo??

Also when did I say he gained this muscle in the last year? Brandinho you love putting words In my mouth stfu

Considering that you've been talking out of your arse for a few pages now, I certainly wouldn't want to put words anywhere near your mouth. 

You called Bale a "juice monkey" and said he "doesn't look normal anymore". A bit later, dkw commented on how shocked he was at how much Bale had bulked up over the course of a few months. You responded by saying that was "your point exactly" and that he's put on 20 pounds of muscle. It's pretty clear that you were talking about him putting on that muscle recently, not over the course of his career. How do I know this? Well, if he had put on, say, 5 or even 10 pounds over the course of a summer, that wouldn't be too shocking. You chose 20 because it's a deliberately absurd figure given the circumstances. If you had been referring to a longer period of time, then 20 wouldn't be shocking and you'd have to go higher. 

I'm still waiting for an elaboration on the so-called "tell tale signs" that Bale is on roids, by the way. His jaw line? He's always looked like that. He's certainly not some idiot in the gym popping anavar. 

This is a good conversation, keep it friendly chaps :)

20lbs is close to 2 stone, so I think that whoever said that figure was just saying an exaggerated one for chat and was probably not meant to be taken literally.

There's no doubt Bale has seriously bulked up in the last year, though. I don't think anyone seriously thinks he has been taking injections of stuff, but with the money he has would it really surprise you if he is later found to have been taking some sneaky peptides or other stuff on the side, that us common people don't even know about?

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. That's not to say that the way he is built right now cant be done naturally, course it can, but it takes time. In fact with all the free time and money players have, why aren't more footballers built like that?

I've noticed Lampard is much more muscular in his upper body this season, Terry also. Ivanovic has always been a beast.

Edited by Zola