Latest message from Gourlay

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://www.chelseafc.com/pre-season-tour-article/article/3098213/title/gourlay-a-base-in-bangkok

To summarise the interesting points from the article;

- New signings are likely before July 17th. This includes the introduction of 'two or three' new players.

- Players out on loan are likely to be part of the squad.

- He mentions Lampard but is tight lipped as to exactly where contract negotiations, if any, stand.

While many on here show a distaste for our board, and Gourlay in particular, I do think there are some interesting discussion points here.

Firstly, it seems that they've realised that additions/improvements need to be made to the squad. With players such as Benayoun/Malouda/Ferreira leaving, and the possibility of both Lampard and Torres also going, that leaves some big funds available to sign some good names. Some may disagree with this, but it's good to see that the board are still looking out at other players to bring in. It seems that one of these players will be Cuevas, and hopefully Shaw will be joining us too.

Secondly, I'm pleased that they've announced loan players are going to come back in. De Bruyne, Chalobah, Lukaku, McEachran and Piazon are simply too good to not be a part of our future squad. Courtois is also exceptional, but it will do him no good coming back here next season while performing so brilliantly in a top league. One season more at Atletico and then a season in the PL will see him naturally progress in to our starting XI. I'd especially like to see a decent sized English component remain in our team.

Finally, while nothing is certain, it does seem that the board are taking heed of how well Lampard has performed for us this year when available. Forget age and forget for a moment that he's a Chelsea legend, Lampard still has it and consistently performs to a high standard, is barely ever injured and ALWAYS gives his all in a Chelsea shirt, which is more than can be said for some other players in our current squad.

Anyway, I thought I'd add my thoughts to this. Feel free to contribute!

Edited by splishsplosh21

2-3 new signings by July 17th?

I would be very surprised if we were able to recruit that quickly.

But what that says to me is that the club have already identified transfer targets and may have already held discussions with the players clubs.

What I read into that is that someone at club, Michael Emenalo has full control over player player recruitment. 

I don't know how that will sit when trying to bring in our new manager.

Good news on the loan players being a part of the pre-season squad, however what use is this if some of them are going to go straight out on loan regardless of how much the impress during pre-season? 

Yes, not much on Lamps but these business men must surely understand his worth, especially on trips like this - he's more likely the fans in Bangkok most wanted to see. Anyway, this aside we all know his other attributes - goals, role model to younger players, workrate, experience, inspiration, etc, etc...

I still think he'll go tho :-(

Mentioned this on another thread and im sure some might see it as being picky but i find it sad, yet very typical that our Chief Exec chooses to speak to the international brand fans about in the Far East about future plans rather than speak to the paying fans back home who go to the matches home and away and who have had to suffer the nonsense (and silence from the heriachy)we have been put through this season. Its the first offical word from the club for ages and it just typical. If anything he's clouded the Lampard issue further too. The way Gourlay talks about 'keeping promises' to the fans in the Far East is insulting bearing in mind how he and his colleagues have managed to alienate the whole fanbase back home this season.

Buck, Gourlay, Tennbaum, Emenalo, if it was up to me the lot of these yes men would go in the Summer and we could start again.

Edited by bjd

well barney I think you are bang out of order to be fair. like you I was worried on opening this thread that it would be a standard puff piece that totally avoided glaring issue for the fans, but reading that we will be a part of singha beer's 80th anniversary after all I was both surprised and extremely relieved. credit where it's due. 

Mentioned this on another thread and im sure some might see it as being picky but i find it sad, yet very typical that our Chief Exec chooses to speak to the international brand fans about in the Far East about future plans rather than speak to the paying fans back home who go to the matches home and away and who have had to suffer the nonsense (and silence from the heriachy)we have been put through this season. Its the first offical word from the club for ages and it just typical. If anything he's clouded the Lampard issue further too. The way Gourlay talks about 'keeping promises' to the fans in the Far East is insulting bearing in mind how he and his colleagues have managed to alienate the whole fanbase back home this season.p

Buck, Gourlay, Tennbaum, Emenalo, if it was up to me the lot of these yes men would go in the Summer and we could start again.

He don't care about the real fans let's keep the Asians happy and enjoy a nice holiday. f**k off gourlay. Fsw is going in may let's try get the board to follow him.

Call me a miserable sod by all means but.

I don't give a sh*t about our support in Thailand

I am completely underwhelmed by the announcement of a friendly vs Thailand All Stars

And the same goes for subsequent games in Malaysia and Indonesia.

I don't give a sh*t about Singha Beer

I don't give a sh*t about the Blue Pitches

And to state the blatantly steamingly bloody obvious, I wouldn't trust Ron Gourlay as far as I could throw him.

Call me a miserable sod by all means but.

I don't give a sh*t about our support in Thailand

I am completely underwhelmed by the announcement of a friendly vs Thailand All Stars

And the same goes for subsequent games in Malaysia and Indonesia.

I don't give a sh*t about Singha Beer

I don't give a sh*t about the Blue Pitches

And to state the blatantly steamingly bloody obvious, I wouldn't trust Ron Gourlay as far as I could throw him.

Tommy we have to get that board out. Fsw is going they should follow him. I hate the board they have no stlye,sly f**kers surely we can do better Edited by bluegraham

The fans crying out for months for answers, and finally we get the good news about being part of Singha's 80th anniversary.

Well thank f**k for that.

Edited by Jonty

http://www.chelseafc.com/pre-season-tour-article/article/3098213/title/gourlay-a-base-in-bangkok

- New signings are likely before July 17th. This includes the introduction of 'two or three' new players.

- He mentions Lampard but is tight lipped as to exactly where contract negotiations, if any, stand.

While many on here show a distaste for our board, and Gourlay in particular, I do think there are some interesting discussion points here.

Firstly, it seems that they've realised that additions/improvements need to be made to the squad. With players such as Benayoun/Malouda/Ferreira leaving, and the possibility of both Lampard and Torres also going, that leaves some big funds available to sign some good names. Some may disagree with this, but it's good to see that the board are still looking out at other players to bring in. It seems that one of these players will be Cuevas, and hopefully Shaw will be joining us too.

Secondly, I'm pleased that they've announced loan players are going to come back in. De Bruyne, Chalobah, Lukaku, McEachran and Piazon are simply too good to not be a part of our future squad. Courtois is also exceptional, but it will do him no good coming back here next season while performing so brilliantly in a top league. One season more at Atletico and then a season in the PL will see him naturally progress in to our starting XI. I'd especially like to see a decent sized English component remain in our team.

Finally, while nothing is certain, it does seem that the board are taking heed of how well Lampard has performed for us this year when available. Forget age and forget for a moment that he's a Chelsea legend, Lampard still has it and consistently performs to a high standard, is barely ever injured and ALWAYS gives his all in a Chelsea shirt, which is more than can be said for some other players in our current squad.

Anyway, I thought I'd add my thoughts to this. Feel free to contribute!

I don't get why we loaned out Piazon, he came on against Villa and looked to fit in well in the attacking three. His passing looked quite crisp and was lively. We clearly knew he was good enough so why loan him out? Well, he will get game time, I hope.

Makes you wonder why any manager worth his salt would turn us down.