Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zola

Samsung S4 out on 14th

Will it be better than the rumoured specs, will it be a let down? Who knows!

I have an S2, I prefer the look to the s2 than the s3, but the S3 obvously is more powerful.

The new HTC one looks like a cracking phone.. will the S4 put it in the shade?

I wish the S4 was a little smaller than the S3, but I seriously doubt it. S3 seems like a great phone, but it's too big for my liking. As for looks, I also prefer the S2 over S3. 

I got my first ever iPhone last year the iPhone 4.... got to say, pretty underwhelmed by it and not really taken in by the iPhone hype.

Now a new model of the Samsung S series is coming out I might try to get an S3 when when my upgrade comes around. 

Will it be better than the rumoured specs, will it be a let down? Who knows!

I have an S2, I prefer the look to the s2 than the s3, but the S3 obvously is more powerful.

The new HTC one looks like a cracking phone.. will the S4 put it in the shade?

Announced on 14th.  Probably not available for a while after that. Hopefully, they will do something about the cartoon like touch wiz skin which spoils all of the Samsung gear for me.

The HTC One is actually launched on the same day.  It looks good, but I shall wait for reports before trying it myself.

I'm now about 3 months in to using the Nexus 4 which is a great phone and, at last, available at a very good unlocked price.  Well worth a look. 

Yeah tbose Nexus phones are a good job too!

Love my S2 and the big screen is a plus, couldnt do without it..due an upgrade in August, awaiting tje S4 announcement with keen interest!!

I'm now about 3 months in to using the Nexus 4 which is a great phone and, at last, available at a very good unlocked price.  Well worth a look. 

That'll be my new phone in a few months. The only trick is that I have to order it to the UK, as Google does not ship it officially to Hungary. But then again getting a new phone and going to the Bridge for a match is not a bad bundled deal :)

Whilst larger screens are nice they're worryingly fragile. I'm uneasy about a £400 piece of electronics that you can break by sitting on it when it's in your pocket.

One of the things I like about my obsolete-2-months-after-buying Lumia 800 is that it's built like a rock. Sadly the superior apps on Android mean I'll probably be looking away from Nokia for my next phone.

I got my first ever iPhone last year the iPhone 4.... got to say, pretty underwhelmed by it and not really taken in by the iPhone hype.

Now a new model of the Samsung S series is coming out I might try to get an S3 when when my upgrade comes around.

You should jailbreak your phone. It becomes a much better phone with the tweaks you can do. Why Apple dont make some of them standard i dont know.

You should jailbreak your phone. It becomes a much better phone with the tweaks you can do. Why Apple dont make some of them standard i dont know.

I haven't got a Scooby Doo what "jailbreaking" is?

Basically I just think the internet is painfully slow considering how popular the phones are. 

Been unveiled now.

Eye tracking to pause videos when you're not looking, proximity based scrolling like with the Note.

8 core CPU (4 powerful ones, 4 low power ones)

5" screen but it's actually smaller and lighter than the S3 with a larger battery.

If the battery life is good, I'll think I'll take the plunge in 6 months time when my contract is running out.

Haven't had a chance to look in depth yet but first impression are underwhelming.  Basically a S3 S in Apple terminology.

The hardware is still very plasticy and touch wiz still very cartoony.

But Samsung have got their branding and marketing right so it will undoubtedly sell well.

Incidentally, Samsung have been crucified over their launch presentation which was hilariously bad and offensive to just about everyone!

FFS, ive only just got an S3. God damn it.

That's not going to become obsolete anytime soon. The S4 is a revision rather than a revolution and there's very little software that'll fully utilise its power.

My Lumia 800 on the otherhand... A month after buying it, MS announce it won't be getting Windows 8 (where all the apps will be developed for now)

Interested to hear more also. My S2 is a cracking phone and glad I moved from iPhone to get it.

Yes the back is made of plastic and not as premium, so what haha, I have my phone in a good strong case that protects it.

The aluminium backing of iPhone has a more quality feel, but its the functionality and power that I care about...the back case aesthetics is a very minor issue to me. I also think the interface gets a bad wrap, its really not bad at all.

The HTC One looks quite good, hopefully a few more phones come out soon that can rival the S4.. I am not due an upgrade to August but love checking out all the new tech.

Anyone heard any news or rumours of any other good looking handsets that are soon to be released?

Reminds me of the criticism of the Sony conference where they didn't have any female developers on stage.

I can think of exactly 2 women involved in games : Rhianna Pratchett and Jade Raymond. Neither of which had any relevance to the Sony conference.

Likewise I'm not entirely sure there are any women at a high level involved with Samsung. Some industries just don't have women in key areas of companies.