Ashley Cole. Is season over?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 319643.stm

"Cole, 26, is expected to have scans on the injury later on Thursday. "

"And it is feared that they will show the injury will keep him out for the rest of the season."

For sure it`s not Coles` season. Bad luck.

Maybe I`m wrong, but Boula can play on a left too, doesn`t he?

Just one question: Have we any competent left back in reserves team?

we have Bridge mate, who some of us think is just as good as, if not better than Ashley. From what I read, and seeing jose's concern over Cole, I think it could be bad. Probably and ACL or the such.

ANyway, We have bridg, and I think if push came to shove, then Morais or Boulahrouz can play out there

we have Bridge mate, who some of us think is just as good as, if not better than Ashley. From what I read, and seeing jose's concern over Cole, I think it could be bad. Probably and ACL or the such.

ANyway, We have bridg, and I think if push came to shove, then Morais or Boulahrouz can play out there

I know about Bridge, mate icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But Boula is defensive back and I can`t say Morais is attacking option either. That`s why I am asking about reserves....

I wonder can Diarra or Geremi play on a left flank?

But we're one bad tackle away from no left back at all.

Thats football....

Very few teams have more than 2 good players for a respective role within a team. Having versatile players (like Gallas was for us) helps no doubt, but we saw how many players have left Chelsea in recent years in search of regular first team action. If you start getting 3+ players competing for one spot in a team, they will become discontent.

And why not Essien? That bloke seem to be able to play anywhere on the pitch.

Why do we buy hedman?? icon_lol.gif

I THINK he`s right footed. Being left back it`s too much for him, but who knows....

Essien looks right footed but if we play him as LB he will transform into a left footed player.

I've been firmly in the Bridgey camp all season - couldn't for the life of me work out how Cashley can be close to being "the best left-back in the World" - so it was with hope rather than expectation that I wished ill on him during last nights 1st half (this after he'd given the ball away...AGAIN). I think it went something like:

"Don't you wish that little c*** would get injured?"

I'm not taking the credit, but when he went down it did look like an act of God....

...so I thanked him!

I know we shouldn't be hoping for our own players to pick up injuries but I sincerely believe Bridge is a better player, we will be better defensively AND as an attacking force - no-one at the club crosses a ball as well as Wayne.

I don't wish injury upon him icon_confused.gif

From the official site:

Ashley Cole had a scan today on his injured knee.

It was confirmed that surgery was not necessary on the posterior cruciate ligament injury and so it is expected he will play again this season.

He was stretchered off against Blackburn last night after twisting is knee when stepping on the ball. Chelsea beat Blackburn 3-0.

I sincerely believe Bridge is a better player, we will be better defensively AND as an attacking force - no-one at the club crosses a ball as well as Wayne.

The bold part is spot on IMO too Jack. The rest, allow me to disagree.

Thank you in advance. icon_wink.gif

Agree.

• 3 weeks later...