Game of Thrones

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Bollocks, Balderdash, Poppycock and Fiddlesticks. He is Melisande's puppet.

That's because the TV show has butchered him to what he was in the books, in the books it's the other way round, he is using Milsandre. The scene were he was begging Milsandre for sex just done it for me, that's not what his character was about, he was always heavily reliant on duty and never gave in to pleasures like that, almost the complete opposite of his brother Robert. In the TV show he is a lot weaker than he is in the books.

But still even in the TV show out of all of them he is the only fit leader, best millitary commander, can make the hard decisions, Danerys is guilabile and naive her empire would only fall short eventually should she ever be in command, she is too soft hearted and wont accept reality.

Stannis all the way.

Edited by Sloth

Not sure if that was a good episode or not. Some good moments, a lot of stuff left unanswered, some satisfying pay-offs, some pacing issues as usual and a lot of stuff that may be good depending on how it turns out next season.

But going back to the pacing issues, I often feel like the truly great moments of the show happen quite quickly with little build-up, whilst the boring moments seem to be given far more time. The exception to this is anything involving Tyrion where he's afforded a lot of time for some excellent on-screen moments.

But other 'high points' seem to be over in the blink of an eye.

Anyway, lots of stuff left unanswered but in a way that if you spent a moment thinking about it would probably reveal a very likely answer. That to me isn't fantastically satisfying. But the payoffs next season may well be incredibly satisfying for that.

Trying to avoid spoilers and it's extremely easy to nitpick in this show (and I could run through the list of cliffhangers in this episode alone, four of which one could label as hackneyed or cliched in the extreme to the point of amateurish) but

why does nobody in Mereen mention the two mythical firebreathing creatures chained up in the catacombs??? Even in passing? Have they become so used to such things now?

Actually I will nitpick a touch with those cliffhangers because they are quite cliched but...

jumping off a tall building into potentially dangerous snow....framing exactly the same as Robin Hood where Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman are catapulted over a wall and land on some fortunately placed hay :laugh2:

a show that literally showed a guy being stabbed in both eyes then stabbed to death shies away from showing Stannis being killed by Brienne....righteo, he must be extra dead.

a bloke being stabbed to death the moment after a witch who has a particular interest arrives at his very door.

Other slight niggles.

Jamie, turn the f**king boat around. She's clearly been poisoned by the woman who swore to kill her. Maybe say something to her.

You wait all year for someone to light a candle in a window and when they do, you're off keeping an oath to the first person you couldn't protect....except you almost certainly haven't and she's jumping off a wall with the person who has finally turned good guy. Typical.

Some really great moments too. But for the first time ever I can't jump straight on google and find the answers to the things left unanswered. I can just read internet sh*tfights about it. :laugh2:

All in all, a disappointing finale.

I really wish the last shot was of John warging into Ghost. 

The walk of shame lasted too long.

Glad that Reek finally managed to find his balls

The Stannis storyline with an awful conclusion. Brienne comes out of nowhere and she hasn't been even been around for most of the series.

7/10

Kit Harrington has just signed a new contract for the next two seasons. Everyone knows he isn't dead...permanently.

Next series. Birth to Azor Azai. Looking forward to that. 

Next season onward, I'm going to start cheering for the white walkers. They seem to be the safest bet.

Probably not as much dissent and backstabbing and betrayal in the undead ranks. I mean sure you are basically a zombie with no free will but your best buds aint gonna stick a shiv in your stomach.

Edited by Stim

My thoughts on the latest episode and a question for those who have read the books.

Well, sh*t. Did that actually just happen? I thought it was a fantastic, shocking finale. I agree with Blue Daze that there are pacing issues though. Every episode seems to have 80% average scenes and then one or two excellent or incredibly shocking scenes. The "death(?)" of Stannis and Sansa/Theon were also hard to believe and cliched. To those who have read the books - do you know either way for certain whether Jon Snow is dead or not or is that where the books have reached up to now? Don't say whether he is, just whether the books have confirmed either way!

Edited by RichardCFC

My thoughts on the latest episode and a question for those who have read the books.

Well, sh*t. Did that actually just happen? I thought it was a fantastic, shocking finale. I agree with Blue Daze that there are pacing issues though. Every episode seems to have 80% average scenes and then one or two excellent or incredibly shocking scenes. The "death(?)" of Stannis and Sansa/Theon were also hard to believe and cliched. To those who have read the books - do you know either way for certain whether Jon Snow is dead or not or is that where the books have reached up to now? Don't say whether he is, just whether the books have confirmed either way!

Jon Snow is probably the most important character in the entire series. There's little to no chance he's permanently dead. The theory is that he'll warg into Ghost (when wargs die, they warg into their animal). While he's in Ghost form, Melisandre will revive him (like in Series 2 with Dondarrion) and release him from his night watch vows (because technically, he died) The last thing he says in the books is "Ghost".

Haven't even found out his parentage which is an absolute massive plotline

Edited by JoeyN

Jon Snow is probably the most important character in the entire series. There's little to no chance he's permanently dead. The theory is that he'll warg into Ghost (when wargs die, they warg into their animal). While he's in Ghost form, Melisandre will revive him (like in Series 2 with Dondarrion) and release him from his night watch vows (because technically, he died) The last thing he says in the books is "Ghost".

Thanks! So no one knows yet? Good! That theory would be ideal, this show can only kill so many of my favourite characters before I get too frustrated.

Edited by RichardCFC