Our New Stadium

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Mod Stark said:

I remember scoring a cracker against Stamford when I was a mascot, its going back a bit now and he still had safer hands than Kepa!

You were a match mascot?! Oh, you make us so proud! Do you have a picture of little Mod Starkini, hand in hand with, who, Dennis Wise or earlier than that?

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

You were a match mascot?! Oh, you make us so proud! Do you have a picture of little Mod Starkini, hand in hand with, who, Dennis Wise or earlier than that?

King kerry was the hot shot back then!

3 hours ago, bluehaze said:

I could be wrong but I think Chelsea were one of the first with matchday mascots Stamford has been round since the late 70's early 80's. The only other one I remember seeing was Man United's red devil who had to run away after getting pelted by celery in the cup game in 1987😆

Do they still have a match day mascot and I just havn't noticed him?  

On 12/10/2020 at 20:58, Valerie said:

Lovely! It's the very least the club can do :Dziekuje:I used that entrance for the Ajax match, you know, the one where we pulled back from being 4-1 behind and when my Ajax supporting friends and colleagues became apoplexic with rage when 2 of theiir players were sent off? You know, that match, just thought I'd remind you all....:laugh2:

EkXqnNSWAAAoUPx?format=jpg&name=small

On 14/10/2020 at 07:24, Valerie said:

I've only been to the new Wembley, so I can't make a sweeping comparison between the Bridge and new stadiums, but Wembley has as much charm as the M25. New stadiums may have more bling (and toilets), but essentially they are soulless bowls. Give me that old dump of a Bridge anytime. I just hope if the new stadium ever is built, it will still have charm. At least judging from the model the outside isn't as bad and predictable as for instance the New Library.

Some of the older new stadia are starting to show their age already, of those I've been to only the Millennium Stadium would be on my must return to list. Been to Boro, Sunderland, Oxford, Wembley, Man City and Wigan, as well as a few more that left no real impression, and if I never visit them again it'll be no great loss.

Edited by MKBlue

Don't know of anyone can help but I'm thinking about building a coffee table sized model of Stamford bridge and I want it relatively to scale but I can not find dimensions anywhere on Google all I can find is pitch dimensions and it seems no matter what combinations of words I use that is all I get. Also advice anyone...I am going to cover the top with glass and actually use it as a coffee table(instead of coffee it will be beer) the issue is all the stands are different heights. You think I should use the east/west stands as a base line and having the glass butt upto the hotel or have the glass inset a few inches so it's covering the pitch?

On 21/10/2020 at 15:12, Malta Blue said:

Don't know of anyone can help but I'm thinking about building a coffee table sized model of Stamford bridge and I want it relatively to scale but I can not find dimensions anywhere on Google all I can find is pitch dimensions and it seems no matter what combinations of words I use that is all I get. Also advice anyone...I am going to cover the top with glass and actually use it as a coffee table(instead of coffee it will be beer) the issue is all the stands are different heights. You think I should use the east/west stands as a base line and having the glass butt upto the hotel or have the glass inset a few inches so it's covering the pitch?

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/c6af49d62ce937f1f65ce8d68434452b/Stamford-Bridge?hl=en

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

I’m at work so I can’t provide a picture of a burning pile of old sh*te or I’d suggest you do Fratton Park instead

If asked the homeless of Portsmouth would rather sleep in a piss filled bin behind the goods entrance to Wilkinson's then step foot within 100 yards of fratton park 😂

• 1 month later...

The next Chelsea Pitch Owner's AGM will be held on Friday, 22 January. Normally the AGM is held at Stamford Bridge but given the current restrictions will be held on line. I'm planning to join the meeting and will report back on what happens. The redevelopment of the ground will no doubt be discussed by I doubt if they will be much to say given that so much has been put on hold.

• 2 months later...
On 14/02/2021 at 10:12, M.M.B said:

I see the planning application runs out in a couple of months. I don't see Abramovich building it now.

I think the club will be more attractive to a future buyer without a one billion pound stadium added to the cost.   

I make you right. 

17 minutes ago, chi blue said:

I see Everton are moving forward with their new stadium by the water on Merseyside, not that I want to change location from the bridge, but hope we don’t get left behind on the stadium front, which might impact the club in the future

Fulham are too, their design looks really impressive with a great river side promenade etc.

If only we had gone through with the original plan... Imagine leaving Stamford Bridge for three years from 2019/20, returning to the new stadium for 2022/23. Would have been perfect timing with the pandemic.

Now it seems far, far away again. Should we do it? I don't know. Relocating for at least 3 seasons is a massive pain. Only thing I know is that if we want to do it Herzog and De Meuron have created the perfect plan. A monument of football, that in no way resembles a shopping mall or car park, and would still look fantastic 100 years from now.