junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

15 minutes ago, benjsross said:

I cant imagine more than £5m per season. 

Is it worth it, in that case? I'd rather keep it as Stamford Bridge...the name which has stood since 1876. Selling out for that amount seems tacky to me.

The club has stated that any company wanting to purchase the stadium naming rights must include the name Stamford Bridge in the title... 

Edited by doctorblue

4 hours ago, Zeta said:

Do you think they'd let my sh*tty little 1-man web development company sponsor it?

Welcome to the Duck Fusion Stamford Bridge

duckfusion.png

There will be a moment when it has become such a household name, that people don't call it Tbe Bridge anymore, but The Duck. You heard it here first!

Just now, Valerie said:

There will be a moment when it has become such a household name, that people don't call it Tbe Bridge anymore, but The Duck. You heard it here first!

Almost, what people will say is "WHAT THE DUCK IS THAT"

9 hours ago, nominator said:

I wouldn´t mind the Mercedes Stamford Bridge version, as I drive one. :smile:

I would like Empire Stamford Bridge too.

same here sounds good too the Mercedes Stamford Bridge

I know it's unlikely but we should do everything possible to try and sweet tall our way into Twickenham if there's still even a 0.1% chance.

Wembley, London Stadium, Madjeski playing in those grounds every home game would feel like a neutral game whereas while Twickenham won't exactly be home sweet home, it isn't used for any other football event so it could serve to be the next best thing while the redevelopment is happening.

I know I'm clutching , but it would be a perfect temporary home for me.

On 2017-5-22 at 06:01, Argo said:

I know it's unlikely but we should do everything possible to try and sweet tall our way into Twickenham if there's still even a 0.1% chance.

Wembley, London Stadium, Madjeski playing in those grounds every home game would feel like a neutral game whereas while Twickenham won't exactly be home sweet home, it isn't used for any other football event so it could serve to be the next best thing while the redevelopment is happening.

I know I'm clutching , but it would be a perfect temporary home for me.

The problem i have with Twickenham is that the fans are so far away from the pitch, it's not as bad as the Olympic Stadium but it's not great either.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

The problem i have with Twickenham is that the fans are so far away from the pitch, it's not as bad as the Olympic Stadium but it's not great either.

It is also has extremely poor transport links for a national stadium

On 16/05/2017 at 18:24, benjsross said:

I cant imagine more than £5m per season. 

I read a lot, probably too much time on my hands but also because I am nosey. 

Any way I was reading minutes of a meeting during which Daniel Levy was talking in relation to this topic.

From his perspective American companies are where he is looking and whilst he doesn't go into numbers I suspect you are talking more along the lines of a £100 million plus over a 5-10 year period and if you are willing to do a life time naming right it could be far more .

Moving on there  has been a lot of debate amongst Everton supporters recently about two deals that combined amount to £15 per season over five years. Those deals are in respect of their shirt sponsor and the naming rights on their training  ground. What interesting is that the Everton board have spun the deals and suggested that the shirt deal is 300% increase yet the sponsors say that's just not the case. In effect if you believe the club then the training ground deal is worth £5.4 million per season and if you believe the sponsors the training ground deal is worth around £11 million per season.

The real funny bit of course is that the training ground is now sponsored bu Usmanov of Arsenal fame.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

More good news tonight, a judge has thrown out an objection to the rebuild leaving us free to begin the work required.

Have you got a link?

Edit; Don't worry found it .. https://cornerstonebarristers.com/news/last-hurdle-new-chelsea-stadium-stamford-bridge-rejected/

Edited by Davey Baby