not gonna lie, seeing atletico's new stadium has me feeling a bit envious. our new stadium can't come soon enough. a shame we don't have more space to build an even bigger stadium. when you see the players in the tunnel and on the sidelines etc, you realise how much space that place has. 

1 hour ago, lukecfc said:

And their plaques got vandalised in return. I saw a picture of Turan's smeared with muck.

I couldn't remember who was the player that got vandalised, thanks. Yeah that would be the drawback if we did this but I dont think we have any strong feeling for any ex Chelsea players on that list.

Would be a nice touch. 

50 minutes ago, enigma said:

not gonna lie, seeing atletico's new stadium has me feeling a bit envious. our new stadium can't come soon enough. a shame we don't have more space to build an even bigger stadium. when you see the players in the tunnel and on the sidelines etc, you realise how much space that place has. 

A small compact stadium is always more of a fortress than a big one. Ours would have the potential to be the most intimidating stadium in Europe (before you add the fans and atmosphere).

1 hour ago, benjsross said:

At the Atl Madrid stadidum they have plaques on the ground of all the players to make over 100 appearances. It is a bit controversial because there are a couple of players that made 100 and then moved to Real Madrid. 

Would be interesting to see if we do something similar. Gallas might be only controversial one I can think of. We tend to be a bit more supportive of ex players.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chelsea_F.C._players

You want to give Craig Burley and Gordon Durie their own plaque?

I think we should give Vanessa Perroncel her own plaque and put it between Wayne Bridge's and John Terry's.

That should be fun.

Hiya.

I have a new video show how stamford bridge has evolved over time, showing views around the stadium animating between how it was in the 80's, present day, and the future design. And i added a little piano piece i recorded too, i hope you recognise it!

[youtube] HTSrdPoSm5k [/youtube]

Edited by Neilando
On 29/09/2017 at 18:11, Scottish_mike said:

the stadium could be so great. but the way the bridge sounds at present we need to pick up the atmosphere and the chanting a bit.

would love to see the bridge bouncing to rangers  "the bouncy" 

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea la la la la 

actually is there going to be a standing area?

No such thing as standing areas in England. MHL stands anyway.

Edited by lukecfc
Just now, lukecfc said:

I thought it wasn't allowed

I think it still isn't at the moment in the Premier and Champtionship but the consensus seems to be swinging towards maybe allowing safe standing in future.  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/27/shrewsbury-town-applies-safe-standing-rail-seats

"The Premier League wrote to all 20 of its clubs this month to assess if they would be interested in trialling safe standing."  

Just read the following on the Chelsea Pitch Owners page on Facebook.

Rick Glanvill resigns as Director of Chelsea Pitch Owners.

Rick Glanvill has resigned his directorships of Chelsea Pitch Owners and Chelsea Stadium Ltd. with immediate effect after six years on the CPO board.

‘It has been a rewarding and challenging experience,’ Glanvill said. ‘However, my workload is about to increase and I wish to use my free time in new and different ways.

‘I take pride in having played a major part in steering the company away from division and acrimony to the position where a fantastic new stadium is about to built on the land the company owns – something we all always wanted and have consistently worked towards.

‘As a lifelong Chelsea fan it has been a privilege to be the director of this unique supporter-driven body. I would like to put on record what a pleasure it was to work with my fellow board members, and to engage with such passionate shareholders. I wish the company the very best over the many years to come.’

On 10/10/2017 at 12:23, bluehaze said:

Some of the pubs round the ground have changed a lot in the last few years. It will be interesting to see how many more change in the next few years before and while we move to a temporary stadium. Before and after the game we sometimes go to the Atlas in Seagrove Road or to the Blackbird or Courtfield in Earl's Court Road. The Atlas is a great pub. Sometimes drink in the Wetherspoons pub in Victoria Station.

Read yesterday that the next CPO AGM will be on 26 January 2018. Will be interesting to find out what will be said about the new stadium. Unfortunately I won't be able to go as a crowd of us are going to the Netherlands for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Boyne said:

Some of the pubs round the ground have changed a lot in the last few years. It will be interesting to see how many more change in the next few years before and while we move to a temporary stadium. Before and after the game we sometimes go to the Atlas in Seagrove Road or to the Blackbird or Courtfield in Earl's Court Road. The Atlas is a great pub. Sometimes drink in the Wetherspoons pub in Victoria Station.

Read yesterday that the next CPO AGM will be on 26 January 2018. Will be interesting to find out what will be said about the new stadium. Unfortunately I won't be able to go as a crowd of us are going to the Netherlands for the weekend.

I find the Atlas a bit pricey, nice pub but a bit poncy for me to use for a football day out. 

Recent years i've drank in Earls Court, West Brompton, Lillie Road, Fulham Road, used to use the new Kings Road for years but thats gone w**k now as well. Its depressing.

12 hours ago, Carshalton Blue said:

I find the Atlas a bit pricey, nice pub but a bit poncy for me to use for a football day out. 

Recent years i've drank in Earls Court, West Brompton, Lillie Road, Fulham Road, used to use the new Kings Road for years but thats gone w**k now as well. Its depressing.

Agree about it's depressing about the pubs in the area. Used to get into the Lillie on occasions. Have been there a couple of times since Pat and Mary retired and it's changed beyond recognition. And expensive as well. 

What worries me is which of the pubs will let in Chelsea fans after the move back from the temporary stadium and which of the pubs will survive. A couple of guys I know used to drink in the Pelican and told me that has changed.

It looks like there will be a number of pubs/bars in the new stadium. I hope they are cheaper and serve better beer than the ones currently in the ground. As someone who likes real ale there isn't much to choose from: only London Pride. It's okay but there are lots better.

55 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Agree about it's depressing about the pubs in the area. Used to get into the Lillie on occasions. Have been there a couple of times since Pat and Mary retired and it's changed beyond recognition. And expensive as well. 

What worries me is which of the pubs will let in Chelsea fans after the move back from the temporary stadium and which of the pubs will survive. A couple of guys I know used to drink in the Pelican and told me that has changed.

It looks like there will be a number of pubs/bars in the new stadium. I hope they are cheaper and serve better beer than the ones currently in the ground. As someone who likes real ale there isn't much to choose from: only London Pride. It's okay but there are lots better.

If you know an area vaguely or even pretty well not just in London and meet someone from there you can guarantee that every pub you mention will have been knocked down especially pubs that were on or near estates. A pub for me is not £5 a pint and serving lamb in a red wine jus with couscous.

12 hours ago, bluehaze said:

If you know an area vaguely or even pretty well not just in London and meet someone from there you can guarantee that every pub you mention will have been knocked down especially pubs that were on or near estates. A pub for me is not £5 a pint and serving lamb in a red wine jus with couscous.

Have lost count of the number of pubs near the Bridge which have closed down or changed. As you say, same applies to pubs in other parts of the country. There is a pub near me which will close down in a couple of years time.

One of the guys I go to the games with drinks Guinness and when we last in the Lillie he was charged £5 for it. One of the reasons we haven't been back to that pub. Crazy prices but sadly the pubs aren't helped by the high rents and taxes they pay.

On 13/10/2017 at 08:34, Boyne said:

We've started drinking in a pub..in a hotel, its ok but there's no atmosphere. Saying that i havent been this season & only got one game lined up, Everton in the cup so aint got a clue where i'll be drinking once i start going regular again when ever that may be.

23 hours ago, Boyne said:

https://chelseasupporterstrust.com/1784-fansbet-sponsorship-completes-shrewsbury-towns-safe-standing-crowdfunding-campaign/

Hopefully Shrewsbury will implement safe-standing and there will be an impact on the re-development of the Bridge. Perhaps turning the MHL and Shed Lower into safe-standing areas?

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/safe-standing-qa-91188 

Interesting article on safe standing. Apparently if it becomes legal then Tottenhams capacity will increase to 63k as they have planned for safe standing to be introduced.

On 10/18/2017 at 17:22, benjsross said:

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/safe-standing-qa-91188 

Interesting article on safe standing. Apparently if it becomes legal then Tottenhams capacity will increase to 63k as they have planned for safe standing to be introduced.

Thanks for posting. When the plans for the new Bridge were presented the architects mentioned that whether or not we have safe-standing the capacity of the rebuilt stadium will be the same. Hopefully that could change.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:05, Cfcstevens said:

I think the pensioner is about the best bet these days. Good atmosphere but the beer can be hit n miss!! 

It would be much better if they'd just stop with the f**king constant music and let people sing!