junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

I'd go out on a limb and suggest push comes to shove, for our tenure in Wembley we'll manage a higher average attendance than Spurs.

Theres more chance of tourists and day trippers turning up if theyre assured of a ticket at Wembley to see Chelsea than they would Spurs, IMO.

5 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

I've personally witnessed someone being singled out by stewards for standing up- even though everyone else was standing- got slung out and had to appeal to keep hold his ST-   A middle aged mild mannered mate of mine refused entry for being drunk ( not and disorderly) - he was that irate he handed back his ST and vowed never to return.

Countless examples of people reacting to little hitler stewards ( the club will stand by the stewards testimony rather than fans if push comes to shove)

In terms of Football Intelligence banning orders, you can be subject to an order without having committed an offence. ( purely knocking around with certain people is enough for someone to be considered a risk supporter)

A few people were done for standing on Sunday. There was always a guy with a down the front recording every time a steward approached a fan. While it was a bit ridiculous, these people didn’t really have a leg to stand on (obvious pun) by refusing to sit and should have just planted their asses in their seats. 

33 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

A few people were done for standing on Sunday. There was always a guy with a down the front recording every time a steward approached a fan. While it was a bit ridiculous, these people didn’t really have a leg to stand on (obvious pun) by refusing to sit and should have just planted their asses in their seats. 

That's the thing. I don't like sitting down but the people around me sat on Sunday so I did not enforce standing on them, I mean the guy in front of me was like 70. Nobody had a problem with me standing every now & then to sing and most behind me did the same.
You must let things go at certain times. The atmosphere was pretty sh*t but I was not surprised. It works both ways: the people that want to sit all game could not chose their seat & nor could the more vocal that like to stand and thus you have a younger supporter sat next to/in front of a 80 year old that can’t stand all game. It doesn't take a genius to work out that you'd not get away with standing for the full 90.

I say this all the time but it would help if we could select our own seats, Man Utd are having a singing section at Wembley and a family section. Sorting out an area in the new stadium dedicated to this is very important & I hope the club listen since it's a good opportunity, something that isn't possible in the current stadium because you can't do it without moving season ticket holders.

Getting in trouble when everybody else is standing is bullsh*t unfair though.

57 minutes ago, boomerdog said:

I say this all the time but it would help if we could select our own seats, Man Utd are having a singing section at Wembley and a family section. Sorting out an area in the new stadium dedicated to this is very important & I hope the club listen since it's a good opportunity, something that isn't possible in the current stadium because you can't do it without moving season ticket holders.

I agree along with safe standing but mainly get them ‘orrible away fans out our shed and up in the gods!

1 hour ago, boomerdog said:

You must let things go at certain times. 

I expect The problem is if they let something go and someone gets hurt then they are liable. 

17 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I agree along with safe standing but mainly get them ‘orrible away fans out our shed and up in the gods!

I’ve heard that the club will still place them in the shed after the build which is a huge shame, you’d think it would be the best chance to move them out of there. 

19 hours ago, boomerdog said:

That's the thing. I don't like sitting down but the people around me sat on Sunday so I did not enforce standing on them, I mean the guy in front of me was like 70. Nobody had a problem with me standing every now & then to sing and most behind me did the same.
You must let things go at certain times. The atmosphere was pretty sh*t but I was not surprised. It works both ways: the people that want to sit all game could not chose their seat & nor could the more vocal that like to stand and thus you have a younger supporter sat next to/in front of a 80 year old that can’t stand all game. It doesn't take a genius to work out that you'd not get away with standing for the full 90.

Getting in trouble when everybody else is standing is bullsh*t unfair though.

Good post, and I totally agree. 

It is just about putting like minded people together, and as you rightly point out United have a singing section where the majority are going to want to stand. 

That said, the stewards at Wembley are like jumped up coppers and I doubt they will let you stand for long regardless of what the majority around you would want. 

I was ejected in the Semi against Tottenham in 2012 for standing. I got asked to sit down once by stewards (which I pretty much ignored, but in hindsight I should have taken seriously), and the after that I was forcefully ejected with no further communication. 

I have since given up on caring when it comes to the atmosphere at Wembley, and will happily sit on my arse up in the gods with my £45 ticket this year. 

6 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

BREAKING: Wembley is being sold for 800 mill. Or rather, I should say, the FA has received an offer for that amount. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43906272

Not sure how this could affect us when we have to leave Stamford Bridge.

If  sold, I wonder how much cash will fall into the back pockets of the fa big wigs in little brown envelopes.

I think it could be a serious issue.

The FA would accommodate us with the use of Wembley but i'm not sure if a new owner would.

Especially if hes planning on moving an NFL team in for a few months of the year.

15 minutes ago, chi blue said:

If  sold, I wonder how much cash will fall into the back pockets of the fa big wigs in little brown envelopes.

You’re joking right? They’d pass the saving on to the average fans like me and you!

So if they take the money and Wembley is turned into an NFL franchise stadium that can only be sh*te and more sh*te for everyone right? Can’t see the FA getting away with that.

1 hour ago, Delnino said:

Fulham had plans approved recently to update their main stand.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulhams-new-80m-stand-will-increase-craven-cottage-capacity-to-29600-a3795481.html

I'm assuming that Fulham will have to move out for a year or two on the back of such a build so Wembley could be a second home for them.

Fulham wouldnt be able to afford that, they'd move to Loftus Road if they had to move out. 

In the next week or so we will know the outcome of the public consultation regarding the re development of Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions. For those that don’t know the mansions are immediately behind the West Stand and if the proposals are agreed will see the club re develop  the site but more importantly take ownership of a parcel of land which is a game changer in that potentially it removes the need for any decking over the underground tracks and  provide direct access to Fulham Broadway. In effect it could solve the problem of egress that was always the stumbling block when upgrading the current stadium was  being considered.

When the rebuild was announced the Sir Oswald re devolpment funded by the club wasn’t  on the agenda so the question is why ,when the potential cost of the re build is growing rapidly,would the club add considerably to the project cost ?

I can’t help but think plan b is being drawn up. If I am right and fully accept I might not be I very much doubt that a capacity of 60k is feasible but getting to 50-55k at probably less than a third of the cost of a total re build would no doubt be far more attractive.

Edited by terraloon

37 minutes ago, benjsross said:

Fulham wouldnt be able to afford that, they'd move to Loftus Road if they had to move out. 

If the sale of Wembley does indeed happen the new owner would be the same chap that owns Fulham FC and ne is a very wealthy man.

51 minutes ago, benjsross said:

Fulhams owner is buying Wembley. It wont be a problem for them.

Although it depends, they could build the new stand around the existing one and stay there, ala Liverpool, and finish it in the summer and what Spurs done for some years before leaving WHL for 12months.

3 hours ago, Munkworth said:

You’re joking right? They’d pass the saving on to the average fans like me and you!

Yes your right, silly of me to be so cynical of the FA Tossers, fast forward to FA cup final tickets 2019... Cat A £40 Cat B £30 Cat C £20 Cat D £10, concessions £5

Fulham won't be able to fill half of Wembley, it would make more business sense to rent to us. Question is how often does it get used for NFL? If it isn't often I can see no changes except ownership, prices perhaps? The new owner can potentially charge us more and control ticket prices

32 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Fulham won't be able to fill half of Wembley, it would make more business sense to rent to us. Question is how often does it get used for NFL? If it isn't often I can see no changes except ownership, prices perhaps? The new owner can potentially charge us more and control ticket prices

Well the NFL season runs from first week in September right up to the end of December. If the Jags made the playoffs there is potential for further games at Wembley in January too.

The Jags would have 8 home games in that period but theyed probably do 2 at home/2 away or 4 home/4 away instead of travelling every other week.

The new owner and potential bumping of the rental price is the biggest issue for Chelsea at the moment, the pitch is another big concern, it would be ruined by the NFL if they played with the roof open and it rained. Even with the roof closed, the pitch would naturally cut up with those giant oafs on it. 

7 minutes ago, Delnino said:

Well the NFL season runs from first week in September right up to the end of December. If the Jags made the playoffs there is potential for further games at Wembley in January too.

The Jags would have 8 home games in that period but theyed probably do 2 at home/2 away or 4 home/4 away instead of travelling every other week.

The new owner and potential bumping of the rental price is the biggest issue for Chelsea at the moment, the pitch is another big concern, it would be ruined by the NFL if they played with the roof open and it rained. Even with the roof closed, the pitch would naturally cut up with those giant oafs on it. 

Not a huge amount of games so it's doable, though I can see fixture scheduling between 2 different sports potentially causing an issue. I think playing on a f**ked up pitch might just be something to live with since there is no real alternative to Wembley. 

6 hours ago, terraloon said:

In the next week or so we will know the outcome of the public consultation regarding the re development of Sir Oswald Stoll Mansions. For those that don’t know the mansions are immediately behind the West Stand and if the proposals are agreed will see the club re develop  the site but more importantly take ownership of a parcel of land which is a game changer in that potentially it removes the need for any decking over the underground tracks and  provide direct access to Fulham Broadway. In effect it could solve the problem of egress that was always the stumbling block when upgrading the current stadium was  being considered.

When the rebuild was announced the Sir Oswald re devolpment funded by the club wasn’t  on the agenda so the question is why ,when the potential cost of the re build is growing rapidly,would the club add considerably to the project cost ?

I can’t help but think plan b is being drawn up. If I am right and fully accept I might not be I very much doubt that a capacity of 60k is feasible but getting to 50-55k at probably less than a third of the cost of a total re build would no doubt be far more attractive.

No offence but I think you're wrong on several points here. If we strike a deal, we will purchase about 2 acres of the site, and the remainder will be kept by the foundation, who then redevelop their part. The facade of the mansion block that faces Fulham Road would remain, and the rest of the site would be ours to do what we want, maybe redevelop it or maybe use it as one big plaza. It will certainly provide more egress and more access to the Fulham Broadway station, but there's no reason to believe we wouldn't pursue our plans for the railway tracks, particularly given we have planning consent and we are deep in negotiation with the rail authorities and everything is looking very positive in that regard apparently. According to the articles from Building magazine recently quoted, enabling works which centre around the railway lines, has already been contracted out, and will include "piling and diversion works and will see decking platforms built over the District line to the NW of the stadium and a mainline station used by Southern trains to the East".

The feedback from the public consultation has already been published and it's very positive from Chelsea's point of view. It's almost certain the foundation will sell. As for why the club are forking out for the land, well, the extra space helps a great deal, given the site is so constrained. It may allow for some tinkering on the original design, it may allow for a slighter bigger capacity, it may allow for club infrastructure to be built, and it also allows for greater egress as you've mentioned. Your Plan B scenario would be deeply unattractive to the club. The club want a total rebuild, they want to build an iconic stadium that compares favourably to any in the world, and if they can purchase any adjoining land they will do so evidently, no matter the cost.

They've got the best architects on board, they've got the best engineers on board, they've got the best everything on board. This is a deeply ambitious project and while there might be a lot of pain along the way, I feel the club are determined to reach their ultimate goal.

On 25/04/2018 at 16:22, Delnino said:

I'd go out on a limb and suggest push comes to shove, for our tenure in Wembley we'll manage a higher average attendance than Spurs.

Theres more chance of tourists and day trippers turning up if theyre assured of a ticket at Wembley to see Chelsea than they would Spurs, IMO.

You would think that our support base would be miles larger than Spurs, considering what we've won over say a 15 year period compared with them. ( perceived wisdom that you pick up supporters with trophys)

Theyres far less plastics and foreigners amongst their match going support, partly I guess because White Hart Lane is a bit of a sod to get to and in a sh*t area with little to offer in terms of drinking, eating etc.

Apologies for rambling, but given the above it would be pretty shocking we couldn't do a better job of filling Wembley than poxy Spurs.