junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

That's a big deal.

I can sense something bad is happening behind the scenes at the club at the moment. Quite a dramatic development just stopping the whole thing now after spending some much money and time on it.

Really short statement as well.
"The decision was made due to the current unfavourable investment climate."

Hmmm...

Edited by Sindre

Just now, Sindre said:

That's a big deal.

I can sense something bad is happening behind the scenes at the club at the moment. Quite a dramatic development just stopping the whole thing now after spending some much money and time on it.

Yep. Coupled with Roman MIA and no managerial appointment as of yet, things are looking Bleak House

2 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Yep. Coupled with Roman MIA and no managerial appointment as of yet, things are looking Bleak House

Yes, unfortunatly.

There is a lot of stuff going on that doesn't make sense at the moment.

7 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Could Roman finally be selling up?

Looks like it, ground wise, we've been left behind by gooners, y*ds and pikies, but the bridge is the bridge, and wouldn't change it.

20 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

That is NOT good at all

Positive is, we're not going to Wembley, which in the short to mid term could of been a disaster, especially with lack of funds for players and already out of top 4, now club can push forward on the playing side, with position the team were in, and potential of being left behind, we could of had a great stadium but a non competative team, like a gleaming new Ferrari but no engine under the bonnet

If Roman is looking to sell, the potentially ruinous billion pound rebuild ticket would have put off most suitors.

Who knows. There might be a more detailed explanation following but I wouldn't bank on it.

17 minutes ago, Blueblur said:

Fuccccckkkkk

This isnt' good guys!

The viability of the whole project was always questionable.Lets face it if the  project was indeed going to cost Circa £1 billion how long if ever would it take to recover that sum? Even if you say on average raised gate recepits by £30 million a season, which you won’t, would take 33 years and that’s before you factor in and interest.

Some weeks ago I posted on here that I thought the potential purchase of the land to the West Of Stamford Bridge was a game changer and I still stand by that view. 

Once the issues around egress has been resolved , which is possible through land I mention above, adding extra capacity to the MH and a total redevelopment of the Shed would be a far cheaper option. If however the redevelopment of the Oswald Stoll Mansions is likewise put on the back burner then my theory goes flying out the window.

If roman calls in the loan we're f**ked.

I think this is just Roman posturing over the Visa issue but for next season, you can write off any challenge right now.

The players want stability and we cant even build a stadium lol

1 minute ago, Delnino said:

If roman calls in the loan we're f**ked.

I think this is just Roman posturing over the Visa issue but for next season, you can write off any challenge right now.

The players want stability and we cant even build a stadium lol

Yes, you have to start wonder if the reason we haven't resolved our manager-situation yet is because we can't afford it at this point.

45 minutes ago, Andy2461 said:

Rumours flying round the web that the club is for sale !!

just can’t see that tbh

A lot of those rumours based very much on people’s wishful thinking that said RA is a very astute businessman and he will know that everything has a price 

3 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Matt Hughes @MattHughesTimes

Roman Abramovich has personally taken the decision to put #Cfc stadium on hold after being denied a UK Visa. Unwilling to invest over £1billion into a country where he is not permitted to work.

not to worry if he takes the piss his assets will get confiscated. never thought it would happen due to cpo.

10 minutes ago, Sheva said:

Matt Hughes @MattHughesTimes

Roman Abramovich has personally taken the decision to put #Cfc stadium on hold after being denied a UK Visa. Unwilling to invest over £1billion into a country where he is not permitted to work.

Was just about to say thats got to be the reason, I would do the same if I was him. 

Really not sure what is going on at the moment. 

It doesn't look good. 

Maybe it is just posturing from roman, but it is a very big statement to make, maybe his visa was denied rather than just delayed. 

Instability on the pitch, in the dug out, and now in the boardroom aswell possibly. 

Fingers crossed it all works out in the best interests of the club and us supporters.

from the Jerusalem post

Just days after immigrating to Israel, Roman Abramovich, the Russian billionaire businessman and owner of the soccer team Chelsea FC, has withdrawn his application for an investor visa to the United Kingdom, The Jerusalem Post has learned.......................Sources close to the businessman said that after receiving Israeli citizenship, he no longer requires a visa to travel to the United Kingdom.
Nevertheless, without a visa, Abramovich will not be allowed to work in England and as a result has put all future investments in the country on hold, a source close to the billionaire told The Post. News of the visa withdrawal came as Chelsea FC announced that it was freezing its new stadium project, a decision that was tied to the delay in receiving a new visa.

if he is playing politics with CFC he can fek right off!

Edited by Unclezillion