junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

he was never going to pay. there were going to be loans. i guess right now he is spitting his dummy out and CFC may well be on the receiving end

2 minutes ago, Unclezillion said:

he was never going to pay. there were going to be loans. i guess right now he is spitting his dummy out and CFC may well be on the receiving end

nobody knows how much he was going to pay towards the stadium. he could have been open and willing to invest some of his own money into it. however, he has been treated like a criminal despite the UK government not providing proof of why he shouldn't be allowed a visa. 

Edited by enigma

3 minutes ago, enigma said:

nobody knows how much he was going to pay towards the stadium. he could have been open and willing to invest some of his own money into it. 

there is only so much you can invest into something you can't own :)

24 minutes ago, Zola said:

Was just about to say thats got to be the reason, I would do the same if I was him. 

i straight way thought this was basically a big "f**k you then, Im taking my ball home" from Roman once his visa was denied. I fully expect his Visa will now be fast tracked though.

Interesting but understandable. Why invest your money in to the economy of a country that does not want you to be there?

Maybe those who have wanted Roman gone, from outside our Club, have finally found a way to make it happen.

It is all about the football at the end of the day, the stadium can wait if we get back to challenging!

Roman needs that visa though! Has to be said though, its only natural this whole circus will have frustrated him dearly and I am sure he has thought about the possibility of letting the club go. 

This is Billions TV style stuff, but very real world. 

Hopefully he is a blue through and through!

He's got around the visa issue by becoming an Israeli citizen, he can enter the UK on a non-work visa anytime now, lets face it he aint looking to work like us lot, he just picks up the phone and tells his peeps what he wants- they do the work. So how can the home office prove he's working ? I would say its not the visa 'scaring' him off this project but whats potentially coming if the West's relations with the Kremlin sour even further, when push comes to shove hes gonna side with Putin, hence his new Tel Aviv bolthole.  Its a shame as this SB re development looked like a fantastic project, one I'd like to have got on, I'm on a 3 billion dollar one over here just starting up, so would have loved to try and blag my way on Roman's 'remodel' as a PM.

2 minutes ago, General said:

I would say its not the visa 'scaring' him off this project but whats potentially coming if the West's relations with the Kremlin sour even further, when push comes to shove hes gonna side with Putin, hence his new Tel Aviv bolthole.

Israel is a Western ally.

I admit, i'm a bit concerned about where we are heading. This stadium was a big thing, something that has been planned for years by the club (this thread is 5 years old now) Roman Abramovich can't get a visa to work in this country, the issues with the coach still hasn't been sorted, it just seems like the club is on hold right now.

I'm not liking the way things are heading, not one bit. It's very worrying.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but does this not seem like a negotiating stance Visa-wise? 

Unless there is something else happening behind the scenes which we are not, as of yet, aware of, this seems a lot like a "Well if you won't let me work in the UK you won't be receiving these hundreds of millions of pounds worth of investment then". What better incentive I suppose?

That said, I am far from an expert...

On 01/05/2018 at 13:46, chi blue said:

Yes, I'm in Chichester and lots go across coast to Brighton, yes use to see MK driving taxi around Chichester about 10/15 years ago

I'm Chichester born and bred although have lived in Brighton for many years now

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I admit, i'm a bit concerned about where we are heading. This stadium was a big thing, something that has been planned for years by the club (this thread is 5 years old now) Roman Abramovich can't get a visa to work in this country, the issues with the coach still hasn't been sorted, it just seems like the club is on hold right now.

Still, at least we can concentrate on the football now.

I am not massively fussed about this. 

I suspect that this is Roman making a bit of a point.

I could imagine that 6 months down the line Roman is granted a Visa and the new stadium plans start to pick up momentum again. 

I always thought the Stadium build had a long way to go before it would actually go ahead, and I see this as one of probably many hiccups along the way. 

I wouldnt invest £1bn into a City/country where i am so far, being unable to work.  The minute they hand him his UK visa, itll be back on.  It's call my bluff.

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yup, some of the posters here seem to think this a good thing, freeing up funds for a transfer window. 

Roman isn't short of money, this isnt to free up money in the transfer window. This is to send a signal that he won't spend money in the UK if he can't work here. 

From where I am sitting, our best hope is that he sells us this summer. Otherwise it is going to be a very strange and tough 12 months. 

4 minutes ago, mclovin83 said:

I am not massively fussed about this. 

I suspect that this is Roman making a bit of a point.

I could imagine that 6 months down the line Roman is granted a Visa and the new stadium plans start to pick up momentum again. 

I always thought the Stadium build had a long way to go before it would actually go ahead, and I see this as one of probably many hiccups along the way. 

And in the mean time? What investment happens in the next 6 months, do we spend any money on players? 

Looks very much like a standoff between Roman and the British Government. And given the current strength of anti-Russian feeling and activity, even a 1 billion pound building project isn't likely to have much sway.

I'm fascinated how on a day to day level it's innocent until proven guilty and when proven guilty a lot of offences in the UK carry very light sentencing; yet in this international sense, it's guilty because we said so, and the punishment is metered out in a weird way where instead of punishing the perpetrators they punish anyone associated.

It's not surprising they don't employ this in British criminal law and instead of imprisoning a convicted criminal they lock up a suspected criminals family and friends instead. Might be a hell of a deterrent though.

Anyway, I was convinced I'd be dead a long time before they ever actually open the new stadium so I can't say I'm that bothered about that specifically. However, if they push Roman to the point where he says 'sod the lot of it' then we'll be in a bit of a mess. We're the boys in blue from division two and we'll be back there soon!

I think it's fine - it means we can all stop whining and moaning about the stadium, and how sh*t it is trying to get to Wembley, and concentrate on whining and moaning about the manager or our very own scapegoat player of choice.

I dunno why anybody would rather we invest big amounts into the squad rather than build a new stadium. The stadia is for our future, the short term vision isn't good. I would much rather we build this new stadia and cut back on buying, and instead use a handful of our talented youngsters, both on loan and in the youth system. We could save about £100m, if not more, by using our younger players.

I hope I'm right when I say this but the huge amount of money that's involved in this and the amount of money that has and will go into the economy in this country with Roman as our owner tells me that this could be resolved

I could be totally wrong but we live in a world where money talks and Roman is insanely rich.