1 hour ago, sonic90 said:

Does having a bigger stadium actually have any substantial financial benefit? TV and sponsorship money is always on the rise, for the amount required to build the stadium including buying out and relocating businesses and renting a new place, I don't know how long it would take to actually reap the benefits and if it sizable enough to be worth the effort and risk of it effecting our football.

This is very much the point..

When Arsenal embarked on their rebuild match day receipts were very much the highest of the income streams but commercial and indeed TV monies now are the top two money makers

Its  impossible to know if Arsenal would have been more successful since their rebuild but repayment of interest and capital payable more than accounts for the extra gate receipts. When you factor in that most replica shirt sales etc aren’t sold to match going supporters then it gets harder to justify the monies required to add capacity 

When you factor in their Business Rates are in excess of £3 million ( ours are around £1.25) and they pay far more security, insurance, utilities etc than we do then the financial justification is not so clear cut.

Take a look at clubs in the England that have self financed a full stadium re build. Rarely does it work out .

Some great points mentioned above, especially the direness of an emirates style 'Echo chamber', i wonder why no one has thought to completely revamp SB, i mean to be honest its very Old School looking, and a bit dated, take out all the infra structure, and build a ground to be proud of, a 45000 mini Wembley style, i think the last thing we should do is lose our identity, i know West ham fans would never of wanted to lose U P, we are only going to get that Grand design if Romans slate is scrubbed clean.

7 hours ago, Valerie said:

That may be, but I'm very pleased to be in the civilised world, not somewhere with just acres of carpark around it.

Also getting out after a game is a breeze. Not like those terrible North London sh*tholes where you either stand and wait for 6 hours to get in a station or walk so far you may as well sack the tube off completely. 

9 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Also getting out after a game is a breeze. Not like those terrible North London sh*tholes where you either stand and wait for 6 hours to get in a station or walk so far you may as well sack the tube off completely. 

See?! Much better :laugh2:

Instead of going high Roman should order everyone to dig a hole instead, that way we get more space and we would have a unique sound when chanting nobody else in the league would have that resonance...and we could say we have a real lions den so that Millwall gets mad. 

On a serious note, I wonder what would the fans think if the club actually started to rebuild the place and all the home games are suddenly somewhere else for half of a season or more...

5 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Instead of going high Roman should order everyone to dig a hole instead, that way we get more space and we would have a unique sound when chanting nobody else in the league would have that resonance...and we could say we have a real lions den so that Millwall gets mad. 

On a serious note, I wonder what would the fans think if the club actually started to rebuild the place and all the home games are suddenly somewhere else for half of a season or more...

Maybe we are waiting for Fulham to complete the rebuild of their Riverside stand and then ground share there for a while?

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

2-3 seasons. 

• 2 weeks later...

I and a couple of the guys I go to the games with went to the Chelsea Pitch Owners AGM yesterday morning. There were about a hundred and fifty people in attendance. 

The CPO board reported that they had not heard from the club about the proposed redevelopment of the ground That is interesting given that we are approaching the third anniversary of Hammersmith and Fulham council approving the plan to redevelopment and it's my understanding that works have to start before the three year period expires. It is of course possible that works may start soon but I've just had a look on the Hammersmith and Fulham council and the last update on the redevelopment was in May 2017. I haven't seen any notices in and near the ground about starting works.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Is the redevelopment cancelled or does the club resubmit a planning application? I guess that it's possible that with a new application more objections to the redevelopment may arise.

As for the rest of the meeting, it was announced that the current chair of the CPO board will stand down soon after five years in the post and applications for a new chair will be submitted to the other board members. Also there was much discussion about how to increase the number of CPO shareholders and how to advertise the CPO.

Nothing to do with the CPO but one of the attendees mentioned that a banner for the great Peter Bonetti is being produced and it is planned for it to be displayed when we play Spurs.

Edited by Boyne
11 hours ago, Munkworth said:

You really are obsessed with cats aren’t you! :biggrin:

This from the man who wants to bring his cat as his significant other to a desert island to escape a Liverpool league win :laugh2:

Edited by Valerie

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

This from the man who wants to bring his cat as his significant other to a desert island to escape a Liverpool league win :laugh2:

Yeah because people suck! Have you met people? Awful, terrible wastes of oxygen!

19 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I just don't see how there could ever be a viable commercial return on investment for what it would cost to do this re-build ... not surprised there is a loss of appetite for the scheme ...

A stadium rebuild would have increased our match day revenue by at least £40m. Probably higher. That is the difference between Arsenal and Chelsea at the moment.

Let's consider a third of that in isolation is profit, which isn't an unfair way of working it out.

That means that per year, we would be at £13m extra in the coffers, over 20 years, £260m.

In addition we should expect a stadium sponsorship deal to accompany the new stadium of roughly £200-250m over a 5 year period if we match what Arsenal did with the Emirates. At a conservative estimate we would expect £800m in today's money. But it would be higher because our stadium would be better, our club is bigger, etc.

Over the course of 20 years, we would have gained about £1bn that we wouldn't have otherwise. Which broadly matches the estimates of how much the new stadium would cost. 

Add in the fact that eventually we are going to have to do something about the stadium, it is going to need renovating at some stage which will cost money. Even if it isn't a rebuild. 

Some people think the reason we shouldn't build a new stadium is because of the harm it will do us over the next 5 years. I think in terms of the significant damage it will cause us in 20 years if we don't build a new stadium.

Edited by bisright1

Just thinking about demographics of supporters and think we have a more elderly fanbase of chaps that grew up close to Fulham though in later life may have moved away.

Not sure if future generations of fans will share that passion for the club so perhaps while Roman is in limbo we just develop the Shed End seating to be a much deeper terrace to take us towards the 50k mark.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2020 at 14:03, Ballack & Blu said:

I can't see this happening, been to quiet to long, why should he help transform the area for the government, they aren't exactly welcoming him with open arms are they.

It is starting to look like he will sell as soon as a valuation meets his expectations and is likely he will put just enough into the club to keep us in the top 4 for buyer attraction