Our New Stadium

junio_oscarSY

Guest RFC_CFC

In short we NEED a bigger stadium.

Even Everton are moving to a bigger arena, it's becoming more and more evident we will have to bite the bullet sooner rather than later.

It's too costly and awkward to do anything with the Bridge sadly and ideally that would be the answer but it's just not going to happen. I like many others will be heartbroken when we leave it behind but I suppose we have to embrace what we have become and where we want to go.

We are a huge club with an ever growing fanbase around the globe, a bigger stadium is the next step.

Good article,

Bit of postcode apprehension, Just like the Olympic Site give it its own unique postcode WS6 sounds good.

Personally I believe that we are being misled about the cost and magnified difficulty in expanding the Bridge.

Long term I think that the need for better transport links the Chelsea Hackney line or similar will see space becoming available for expansion behind the North Stand, this coupled with stacked walkways around the ground linked to the Fulham road rail bridge and West Brompton will get the desired stadium.

As for CPO as a shareholder it is not about making any financial return, just a straight swap with the same rights at any agreed stadium.

Good article,

Personally I believe that we are being misled about the cost and magnified difficulty in expanding the Bridge.

I read the presentation given when the consultant's outlined the difficulties and I know the CPO went to the council for confirmation. Has their response ever been published?

Another thing I have read(I read a lot nowadays ) suggests that due to the vastly increased levels of TV & commercial income now being received ,unless a new stadium is self financing the economic merit of building a new stadium is now questionable.

Further it seems that Liverpool faced this dilemma and decided to upgrade and it seems that Spurs are now caught between a rock and a hard place as they may well have to sacrifice playing budget to build and with it face the real possibility that increased match day income will not exceed performance based revenue from other income streams and needing in excess of 20 + years to pay for the stadium the fear is that they could well be in the wilderness for the same sort of period

Do anyone notice that there were some seats left at top of North and south stands during previous games

.do anyone knows the reason for it

Reduced capacity on Champions League nights. Not sure if it's UEFA or the police who reduce it.

It might be safety,  to do with access, with there being only the south entrance/ exit onto Fulham Rd for 40000+ people. It might also be that the media/ TV crews take up a lot of space on CL nights, meaning that access/ evacuation would be more of a problem, so they lower the capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

New pitch being laid at Stamford Bridge including upgrading the under soil heating and drainage system, they're are upgrading the floodlight system too.

Sounds to me like they're know they aren't going anywhere soon. 

If no plans are announced, then its 10 years before anything happens.

Takes too much time to move. So they have to invest in this too

They relay the pitch every year or two anyway I think.

Wonder what they are doing to the floodlight system? Its not like the Bridge ever looks dim?

If the Matthew Harding could be extended to include another 8-10,000 seats it would be a massive help.

Now that Labour have taken LBHF how does this affect our chances of potentially moving to a new stadium?

I almost get the sense that the club know that we aren't going anywhere any time soon. Battersea was our golden ticket but that ship has sailed. I think the club will just bide their time for the next few years until a site that as yet hasn't been available perhaps comes onto the market. I don't think there's anything else that can be done at the moment.

National Grid have just submitted a plan to Hammersmith & Fulham to demolish the gas holders just down the road and create a huge cleared site for future development. When flats are going for millions in the area a football stadium isn't really going to get a look in. We've been priced out of the area.

gas_zps0200ac71.jpg