Sorry but playing at Wembley should be a special occasion, I wouldn't want us to play there for a season it would totally ruin any magic of playing a cup final there.

There is very little, if any magic playing at Wembley these days. It is a sterile stadium that only has the location in common with the twin towers. Finals, semi finals, play offs, concerts, American football e.t.c It used to be the Cup Final and internationals and very little else. I even have a season ticket for the place! No magic at all so why not play our home games there?

Sorry I just do not agree with playing domestic games at our national stadium, whether or not you think the 'magic' has gone.

I will always remember when I was about 8 or 9 and how awesome it was when Chelsea got to the FA Cup final against Manchester United (where we lost 4-0 at the old Wembley). If I was a kid again without what I know now, I would still feel the same seeing my team get to the new Wembley to play a final. The fact it's hosted other sporting events or concerts is irrelevant, as they're also one off 'special' occasions and not regular weekend visits like playing league games there would be.

I wrote to the Bridge officialdom moons ago and put forward the following poss plan for our own 15000 cap end at the shed...This was b4 it was mentioned for battersea...I said it would be poss to re build the shed from INSIDE and upwards...A sort of style the villa end is......There is 7000 extra in one fell swoop.....AND i want a seat bang in the middle please

While they're at it they should give our Shed back fully to the home fans, stick the away fans in the West Stand.

Great point. I think the main reason they don't is because the West Stand is the newest stand. If the ground is redeveloped, this obviously won't be the case any more. Put them in the West Lower.

It does at least seem with all this that something is definitely on the cards Re: the Bridge being expanded.

I think the club have already got a 'provisional' green light to go ahead from the council, after all it is a REAL threat now that we could leave the borough, and whatever they say no council would want to see one of the worlds biggest football clubs buggering off elsewhere, our contribution both financially and community wise cannot and should not be underestimated.

I for one can't wait, i have to pull all sorts of favours to get a ticket when i come back home :(

As for f**king off the away fans from the Shed, it should never have been allowed in the first place..  :Connie_threaten:

Edited by chelseablueboy

Why can't we put the away fans in the upper tear of the east stand towards 1 side. Most teams put the away fans in the worst section these days e.g Newcastle, Sunderland, villa, and palace. Didn't we have a spell at putting the away fans in the west stand while it was being built? Got a feeling we played man ure in the cup and we shared the west with them and afterwards it was a nightmare walking back to the tube etc. police wouldn't allow it now. While we are on this why do we insist on giving the away allocation 3,000 seats? I seem to think the fa rules state the home team have to allocate 5% of the stadium to the away team as long as it is safe. We should move the segregation along a bit and give the away teams 2,000. We only get 3,000 at old Trafford!!!!

Why can't we put the away fans in the upper tear of the east stand towards 1 side. Most teams put the away fans in the worst section these days e.g Newcastle, Sunderland, villa, and palace. Didn't we have a spell at putting the away fans in the west stand while it was being built? Got a feeling we played man ure in the cup and we shared the west with them and afterwards it was a nightmare walking back to the tube etc. police wouldn't allow it now. While we are on this why do we insist on giving the away allocation 3,000 seats? I seem to think the fa rules state the home team have to allocate 5% of the stadium to the away team as long as it is safe. We should move the segregation along a bit and give the away teams 2,000. We only get 3,000 at old Trafford!!!!

This is what kills the atmosphere at games. I much prefer games were each set of fans are placed behind a goal outshouting each other,preferably with a good allocation for the away team. Its no coincidence that cup ties produce the best atmosphere.

From the Richmond Borough Council website about the proposal to play at Twickenham

http://www.richmond.gov.uk/council_speaks_out_about_chelsea_fc_proposal

Council speaks out about Chelsea FC proposal

Release Date: 29/09/2014

Richmond Council was surprised to hear Chelsea’s announcement regarding confirmation of its interest in temporarily relocating to Twickenham and expressed considerable concern.

On Sunday 28 September, Chelsea confirmed its interest in temporarily relocating to Twickenham, should their own stadium be redeveloped. Whilst the RFU issued a statement confirming that an initial enquiry from the football club had been received, they acknowledged that the conversation is still very early days.

Cllr Geoffrey Samuel, Deputy Leader of Richmond Council, is alarmed about the proposition. He said:

“I am not happy about these proposals and I don’t believe our local residents will be either.

“Twickenham Stadium plays host to a large number of rugby games and other events each year. Hosting Chelsea on a regular basis would put a huge amount of pressure on the local area and would raise a number of very serious issues, both to those living directly around the stadium, and indeed the wider borough.

“Should this proposal move forward, the Council would want urgent discussions both with the RFU and local Police, regarding crowd control, traffic management, community safety and transport, and of course what measures would be put in place to mitigate the impact on the area. We will of course expect the RFU to consult with our local residents.”

How much power do the council and to a lesser extent the local residents have in dictating how much a stadium can be used.

If the stadium owners are paying for staffing/policing. What can they do to stop the venue being used more frequently?

I dunno but it probably comes under licencing etc. so they have the power.  

Our Council seems to love objecting to anything that is fun and causes any noise - unless it is something like the annual flower show when suddenly it's fine to have brass bands, fireworks and the local park shut to the public for the weekend.  But woe betide you if you want to put something on for youngsters or any pop music, then the goalposts change.  The hoops that Shrewsbury Town had to jump through to get permission to use their stadium for an Elton John contest was ridiculous.  They had a 3 mile parking exclusion around the ground!  But they didn't issue any residents parking permits or anything so it was completely unenforceable!  

Just seen Zola's reply which is similar.  The thing is people who object are usually more vocal than people who don't - especially those who couldn't care less one way or the other.  And they make sure their councillor knows their view.  

And to be fair, as I've said before, it would be very disruptive on a regular basis!

Edited by Beerqueen

Residents hold a huge amount of power.

This summer, Garth Brooks was to play in Croke park (Irelands largest stadium, 82,000) for 5 nights.

Angry residents effectively put a stop to it happening, completely.

Who'd want to listen to that dozey eyed ex-Tottenham c**t.