The station is one side of it and the stadium the other.  I don't really know how else they could do it - other than building a footbridge over it I suppose.

Was at a rugby international a few years back and remember the police stopping traffic every few minutes so people can cross on their way to the station. Does seem a bit strange that there is no bridge or underpass. Wonder if it was considered when Twickenham was redeveloped.

Capacity?

Tottenhams new ground will have a capacity of just over 56k I think (and agree apart from the cocks that someone has already drawn all over it, it does look good), Man u have a capacity of what 75k, that's a massive difference.  I do wonder if we extend the Bridge now to 50 - 60k, we're going to be in a position a few years down the line where we're looking at all these clubs with bigger capacity's in the same position we are now.

On the other hand we don't want to be sitting in a half empty stadium - it'll be like the 80's again!

Imagine being on the board and having to wrestle with these problems - glad I don't get paid a mint to look after the club I love!

Residents hold a huge amount of power.

This summer, Garth Brooks was to play in Croke park (Irelands largest stadium, 82,000) for 5 nights.

Angry residents effectively put a stop to it happening, completely.

I would oppose it too, but only because I originally thought it was Garth Crooks planning a 5 night gig there.

Edited: I see Peckham Blue has already beat me too it with a far wittier post .

Miserable sods.

Edited by WeatherMan

Residents hold a huge amount of power.

This summer, Garth Brooks was to play in Croke park (Irelands largest stadium, 82,000) for 5 nights.

Angry residents effectively put a stop to it happening, completely.

There was a bit more to it than that. He was granted a licence for 3 nights (as expected) but not 5 and for some reason Brooks pulled out completey to the bewilderment of everyone, taking a 'all or nothing' stance. Whole thing over there was farcically organised anyway (and not for the first time at that venue), with the tickets going on sale without even a preliminary discussion over licenses.

The situation with Twickenham will be very different and can't be compared. The council and residents certainly hold some cards but the power and the final decision ultimately rests with the RFU.

Can't see it happening myself and I think there's a fair whack of PR going down. Let's see.

Edited by bjd

There was a bit more to it than that. He was granted a licence for 3 nights (as expected) but not 5 and for some reason Brooks pulled out completey to the bewilderment of everyone, taking a 'all or nothing' stance. Whole thing over there was farcically organised anyway (and not for the first time at that venue), with the tickets going on sale without even a preliminary discussion over licenses.

The situation with Twickenham will be very different and can't be compared. The council and residents certainly hold some cards but the power and the final decision ultimately rests with the RFU.

Can't see it happening myself and I think there's a fair whack of PR going down. Let's see.

Yes Brooks played his part in making it awkward by being greedy and demanding all 5. The promotor jas a lot to answer for as well by just assuming it woukd be ok. The fact is however if the residents didn't give off so much it would have went ahead as planned.

Yes Brooks played his part in making it awkward by being greedy and demanding all 5. The promotor jas a lot to answer for as well by just assuming it woukd be ok. The fact is however if the residents didn't give off so much it would have went ahead as planned.

They are entitled put yourself in the position of the residents. Anyway its a bit cheeky selling tickets for a gig that hasn't got the go ahead. All in all the whole think was a shambles could only happen in Ireland

Early days, and the locals aren't too happy

getwestlondon.co.uk/news/local-news/new-blow-chelsea-fcs-chances-7888420

Fixed the link.

Not surprised that they're objecting although it is a Tory borough so the Lib Dems moaning isn't too much to worry about at the moment. Both sides have said no serious talks have taken place but things like policing can be solved with money, and that's the one thing our move could certainly bring to the area....

so long as we all promise to drink in the local pubs. Come on lads, do your bit.

Might as well kill this one now before we all start building our expectations. The neighbours won't allow it, the local authorities won't allow it, and crucially the RFU would never approve of it in a million years- they despise the round ball and all it stands for. It's no coincidence that to my knowledge not a single minute of associated football has ever taken place at Twickenham. There's more chance of Dagenham and Redbrige winning the Champions League than us setting foot in the place