Our New Stadium

junio_oscarSY

a big pitch would help us i think. give eden hazard an extra 5-10 yards of space down the sides and he'll be an even bigger threat. plus it gives fabregas more space to play the passes into and stretch play

Those two will be long gone by that time.

If this were to happen, if Roman is gonna invest this vast amount of money will he want full rights to the ground? What way would this stand with CPO

Such an investment would sit well with the CPO I reckon. its a long term investment that I'm sure would secure the club and our home

I wonder if the underground car park is a problem for demolition and construction. Is the roof strong enough for what is needed to replace the current stands. On the restaurant and hotels, sure I read that once the up keep, staff, and other costs, doesn't make that much money. With bars being used during the week like in the Matthew Harding for corporate use, plus the extra match revenue, hopefully the outlay is less but the earnings are greater.

I really dont see all stands being knocked down, the east and west are big enough, and to knock them all down would be mega expensive. Also dont see it being possible to complete in a couple of years. They would have to make adjustments to the cornering to connect it all, though.

I absolutely see the Matthew Harding and the Shed (posssibly) being redeveloped, if it does go ahead anytime soon.

Edited by Zola

I really dont see all stands being knocked down, the east and west are big enough, and to knock them all down would be mega expensive. Also dont see it being possible to complete in a couple of years.

I absolutely see the Matthew Harding and the Shed (posssibly) being redeveloped, if it does go ahead anytime soon.

That assumes that the proposed new ground would be directly built where the current one stands. 

It could be that for a 60k stadium to fit the new stadium would need to be rotated to allow us to build the bigger stands. 

The East stand although big, isn't very well designed by modern day standards and it could be that there are better ways of utilizing that amount of space. 

If the club do have a way of going to 60k I would be very surprised if the whole current site didn't need to be demolished, hotels, apartments, megastore and all. 

That assumes that the proposed new ground would be directly built where the current one stands. 

It could be that for a 60k stadium to fit the new stadium would need to be rotated to allow us to build the bigger stands. 

The East stand although big, isn't very well designed by modern day standards and it could be that there are better ways of utilizing that amount of space. 

If the club do have a way of going to 60k I would be very surprised if the whole current site didn't need to be demolished, hotels, apartments, megastore and all. 

Perhaps the Aviva stadium in Dublin is something we've been looking at. On a similar sized site to ours and hemmed in like us, next to a railway line too, but they managed to squeeze it in.

Perhaps the Aviva stadium in Dublin is something we've been looking at. On a similar sized site to ours and hemmed in like us, next to a railway line too, but they managed to squeeze it in.

I'm sure there are plenty of architect tricks of the trade for maximising use of space, if anything I hope our limited space is what would give us a more unique looking stadium.

Not that it would be that bad but I would prefer us not to end up with the typical bowl looking stadium. I would love for one of the stands or maybe even the whole stadium to have a feature to it so that as soon as you see you go "Oh that's Stamford Bridge". 

Probably true but the Aviva max capacity is 50 thousand as far as I know.

The space needed below ground for any building is the key, not so much above ground. A traditional foundation spreads the force from the building downwards at 45 degrees, so if its near something it may undermine the other buildings around it. Modern engineering has ways round this, obviously but its still something needed taken into account.

The guy who designed the Aviva stadium in Dublin also designed the Emirates library.

Edited by Zola

I don't think there's anyway the East Stand isn't redeveloped because it certainly needs it, but we'll also look to maximise the number of hospitality suites we can get in. I know it's not the most popular thing but it's a modern day necessity.

They squeezed it in, but only managed to build properly on three sides. The one end is a single tier and about 6 rows deep. It must hold about 300 hundred people.

aviv_1807977b.jpg

Being Irish, I like the Aviva, I've gone up to a lot of Irish games thorugh the years but its basically shaped like a bed pan because on the smaller side of the stadium, the residents had an issue with sun light.

Its a bit of an nusiance, IMO that the smaller stand, which is where the away support goes, isnt the same as the rest of the stadium but of course there was regualtions that needed to be met so it was always going to be designed that way.

The railway line isnt that much of an issue as it runs parallel to the stadium.

2502.jpg

Edited by Delnino

They squeezed it in, but only managed to build properly on three sides. The one end is a single tier and about 6 rows deep. It must hold about 300 hundred people.

aviv_1807977b.jpg

1000 people in that stand I think, off the top of my head. The away fans get all that and a few of the lower tier rows right of it leading up to the A in Aviva.

Edited by Delnino

Knock all the stands down....build a box like structure around the pitch...paint a mural depicting thousands of fans all along the in sides of the box like what arsenal did years ago for the north bank...install speakers..pipe in a large crowd soundtrack......charge everyone £20 or so PPV.

I'm sure there are plenty of architect tricks of the trade for maximising use of space, if anything I hope our limited space is what would give us a more unique looking stadium.

Not that it would be that bad but I would prefer us not to end up with the typical bowl looking stadium. I would love for one of the stands or maybe even the whole stadium to have a feature to it so that as soon as you see you go "Oh that's Stamford Bridge". 

This is exactly how I feel. I don't them to build a soulless, corporate bowl like the Emirates or Wembley. What I'd like is a recantuglar/square shaped ground with defined stands. In particular, I'd like one end to be 1 huge tier, like they have at Dortmund. This would be great for atmosphere and would give the ground some identity.

In short, the kind of plan they had for Battersea would be brilliant.

Just a thought - I'm no architect but I wonder if they are considering building the stadium from a deeper foundation, so as to fit more people upwards? I'm sure there will be restrictions in terms of how high the stands are allowed to be, given 'light pollution' etc, so I wonder whether this is something being discussed.

• 4 weeks later...

Knock all the stands down....build a box like structure around the pitch...paint a mural depicting thousands of fans all along the in sides of the box like what arsenal did years ago for the north bank...install speakers..pipe in a large crowd soundtrack......charge everyone £20 or so PPV.

kSNLZ0b2y75fgSEtBuPM.gif

Like FC says, I would love to see something different.

I haven't seen any of the new stadiums use the pixel animation that was in the 2012 London Olympics. Now that would be cool to have on winters day, or on an evening game, the club could get fans into the ground earlier and put on a display, like we have been trying to do in some evening games, you know when we dim the lights before the teams come out, add some atmosphere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187468/The-greatest-disco-Earth-Pixel-animations-turn-Olympic-Stadium-psychedelic-light-show.html

Any update concerning SB expansion?

Nothing official but all the rumblings are that it's coming.

Put it like this - none of the apartments in the Village have reached the open market for a while now. Not going to be an expansion, going to be a rebuild with egress over the cemetery and us displaced for a time.

Basically the club is getting it's ducks in a row.