junio_oscarSY

Our New Stadium

From the drawings/plans I have seen I think the design will be a hit or a miss with supporters.

We know the usual modern dome look is a bit soulless and doesn’t exactly stand out against other stadia so with what we are planning it would certainly be something unlike any stadium in Europe.

The brick idea is a good one for all......helps raise some funds and leaves a fan his mark on the stadium.

Engraving is probably an expensive process so the brick would have to cost a decent amount I would think.

Not all that pricey actually, my local team Hibs sold plagues to go down one side of the stadium, there were different sizes but it started from about £65ish if I recall correctly I've got one up there and I'd love to have one at Stamford bridge as well! Granted if they're engraving brick it might be a bit more expensive!

Not all that pricey actually, my local team Hibs sold plagues to go down one side of the stadium, there were different sizes but it started from about £65ish if I recall correctly I've got one up there and I'd love to have one at Stamford bridge as well! Granted if they're engraving brick it might be a bit more expensive!

I don't think you can engrave clay bricks, it would have to be stamped in before firing the brick.

Edited by coco

Another thing i forgot to add was i asked about us moving out & where could we play, a fella in a Chelsea suit & tie said "every venue we've asked have all said yes we can play there, the stumbling block is they need dates or an idea when it'll be so they can plan for it, but obviously we cant give them any dates yet.

I said what about Upton Park? thats a perfect PL ground, 35,000 give away fans 2,000 33,000 home fans isnt that far off what we have now with away support, he said 100% we will not play at a league ground, so its obvious its either Wembley or Twickenham.

Just seen this elsewhere, few points already been posted but also some that havent so...

Wembley and Twickenham are sorted already, it's a question of us giving them dates. There is no crowd limit for either Wembley or Twickenham.

The council have been very helpful and are very positive, "otherwise we wouldn't be here today" I was told.

The entire project will take 5 years, the build will take 3 seasons.

Roman will fund the entire project.

The whole site will be levelled, but the pitch won't actually be lowered, as the site is being levelled and currently it's not at one level, but when done the pitch will be in line with the lowest level of the site as it is now. In effect the pitch will end up lower.

There will be three basement levels with an underground ring road (possibly two) and the New huge megastore will be underground and that's where the TV trucks will go so no seats will be lost for European games as they are now.

Corporates will be in east and west stands. Approx 14000 seats in Shed and MH and lower tiers of both stands will be ready for safe standing.

60,000 is the maximum capacity obtainable.

There will be walkways from Fulham Broadway and from Fulham Road into the stadium.nthe effect will be that there will be less congestion on Fulham Road.

You will be able to enter the stadium from any turnstile and there will be a lot more turnstiles than there are now. You will be able to enter the stadium from the MH end even if your seat is in the Shed, you will be able to walk around the whole stadium from the inside.

The stands will be approx 7 meters from the pitch making it the most compact new stadium.

Away fans will be approx 3,000 as they are now.

Ticket prices will not increase because of the new stadium. The intention is that price increases will be as they are now, slow and gradual.

ST holders will be able to purchase their existing seats. New fans will be placed in the third tiers of the stadium.

That's all I can remember for now, but a very interesting evening and another consultation will follow in the autumn with more detailed plans of the proposed stadium....oh and they couldn't confirm if Guinness would be served in the bars....

Reading the stuff from you (Carshalton Blue) and Boyne really does fill me with optimism..
The 'Abramovich' legacy will be every bit as special and historic as the Mears and Bates contribution to our club over the years.

Nice one Roman.. again.

Edited by chelseablueboy

Went to the exhibition today.

First thing to say is it was very well done, very well-attended, and the staff were incredibly helpful and informative. There were free refreshments on offer and it was all very slick, and very friendly.

The next thing to say is this is VERY exciting, far more exciting than we realise I think. This is going to be an incredible stadium, by the sounds of it, and the general vibe from the staff (who were all very close to the project or close to Roman) is one of optimism, determination, and a real sense of awe at what is being planned. They've seen more than us, don't forget, and they have a better idea of what could potentially happen, and there is a real buzz amongst them surrounding this. I was pleasantly surprised and came away with a real belief this will happen, such is the vibe I was getting.

So, questions ..

1. The flats will need to be purchased, including the one that belongs to Bates. They are in discussions with all the owners, including Bates. Compulsory Purchase Orders are being ruled out for the time being, because the area doesn't need regeneration, therefore they will be harder to obtain. Besides, they don't think it will come to that, they think they will find a way.

2. Building over the railway line behind the East and North Stands. Network Rail and Transport for London seem happy with the proposals, so far.

3. There will be two new entrances/exits. One direct to the tube station and one directly on to Stamford Bridge (the bridge itself) on the Fulham Road. The one from the tube takes you directly to the North Stand and the one from the bridge takes you directly to the East Stand (South East corner), above ground level. This is the viaduct you see in the drawings.

4. Once inside the stadium you can walk all the way round, i.e. if you're sitting in the North, you can enter the stadium from the South.

5. The South Stand will see the biggest increase in capacity, it will double more or less. The North Stand is the only stand which will get taller to any meaningful degree. It will also see a significant capacity increase, as will the East, while the West will more or less stay the same, in terms of capacity.

6. 60k seems to be the limit, unless safe standing is introduced. They may be able to go slightly above 60k, and that will be looked at, if possible.

7. It's a complete rebuild. Every stand gets demolished. Don't forget your hard hats.

8. The megastore will be underground and it will be MEGA. Entrance will be near where the smaller store is currently, on the right as you walk in the main entrance.

9. There will be no "ring of silence", as there is at Wembley and the Emirates for instance. The middle tiers will not be occupied solely by corporates.

10. North Stands and South stands will be corporate-free zones.

11. Capacity will not be reduced for CL games. Happy days.

12. The pitch will become slightly bigger, a metre longer and three quarters of a metre wider. Currently it is on the small size for PL. It will become standard size.

13. There will be more space between the bylines and the stands behind the goal. 5 metres I think, so players can run on to the ball without fear of crashing into the hoardings and ending up in the crowd. This is not an issue with the touchlines as the gap is sufficient but the stands behind the goals are a bit too close. The gap is still going to be on the small size because of sight lines with people in the lower rows.

14. No properties or sites outside of the current site have been purchased, or need to be.

15. In terms of timeframe, once they have received feedback from this exhibition, they will produce more detailed plans and a model around September time. There will be further consultation at that point and a planning application submitted this year, all being well. Planning should take a year, and then there is another year of more stuff, and then hopefully building can start, maybe as soon as 2017 but 2018 should be a more realistic target. After that it's a 2 or 3 year build (I can't remember). We could be playing in it as soon as 2020.

16. Season tickets holders will sit in the equivalent seats in the new ground. More younger, disabled, and local fans will be accommodated.

17. In terms of the council, they have been brilliant apparently. The club is not dealing with them, they look after football matters. Roman has separated this project from the club in that sense, they are one company and there is another company that handles the stadium project, and the relationship with the council is very good, thus far.

18. The brickwork will be London Stock. You can google it.

19. Apparently the most pressing concern raised at the exhibition by Chelsea fans is that the stadium might resemble the Emirates, i.e. a soulless bowl. Thankfully this will not be the case.

20. Funding. Roman pays for everything. We will not be getting any help, unlike other clubs, firstly because the area doesn't require regeneration and secondly because when Roman comes to the table everybody knows he's minted.

If I think of anything else I'll post it.

5. The South Stand will see the biggest increase in capacity, it will double more or less. The North Stand is the only stand which will get taller to any meaningful degree. It will also see a significant capacity increase, as will the East, while the West will more or less stay the same, in terms of capacity.

Thanks Gem and Graham.

Regarding the point above, I just want to qualify this. The South Stand will be significantly taller then the current one, but what I meant was it won't be taller than the buildings behind it, i.e. the flats and the hotel and wotnot.

Edit: I also asked if I could be manager. You'll be relieved to hear they said no.

Edited by Davey Baby

Might be a bit late asking this now but has anyone asked if there could be sight restrictions within the new stadium (like there are at the moment at the back of the MH lower)?

Bearing in mind that stand was only built mid nineties its unbelievable such a flaw actually exists