Jump to content

Our New Stadium


junio_oscarSY
 Share

Recommended Posts


12 minutes ago, Zola said:

Is this season likely to be the last in Stamford Bridge as we know it? 

Quote

The council has instructed development must get underway within three years – by January 2020.

The project plan allows for a year of works while Chelsea are still playing at the stadium, followed by three while playing at a temporary location.

The first stage involves building over the railway behind the East Stand, and if that starts this summer, then the 2017-18 season may be Chelsea's last at Stamford Bridge as we know it.

However, it is thought more likely that those works won't get underway until summer 2018 – meaning fans seeing their last game in their present seats some time in May 2019.

If that happens Chelsea should be back in SW6, in front of 60,000 crowds, for the start of the 2022-23 season.

The council requires the final phase of works, including laying the pitch and putting in the seats, to get underway no later than January 2024 – so there is a little wiggle room in there for unexpected delays.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stamford-bridge-expansion-key-questions-12441417

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Parker's Dogbite said:

Just to show what we're up against if the club wanted to us to move to Twickenham for three years instead of Wembley. This is a letter from the local MP to the RFU on the very possibility.

 

Snooty mare.   The immediate area around Stamford Bridge is more well to do than Twickenham and I'm almost certain that the place is as desirable place to live as it's ever been.    But it's alright for the egg chasers to hire football grounds including Wembley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mr Parker's Dogbite said:

Just to show what we're up against if the club wanted to us to move to Twickenham for three years instead of Wembley. This is a letter from the local MP to the RFU on the very possibility.

 

C2fByHuXcAIl3-u.jpg

Here's the response then.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/rfu-will-not-allow-chelsea-to-play-matches-at-twickenham-stadium-while-stamford-bridge-is-being-a3444571.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I wonder if the MP is referring to Twickenham not being used for non-Rugby Union events/matches. I say that as Twickenham has twice been used for the Rugby League Challenge Cup Final (last time in 2006) and a few months ago a game of American Football was played there. There are plans to play games of American Football at Twickenham this year. See below. Concerts have also taken place at Twickenham. I don't recall any objections to those. Correct me if I'm wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/dec/13/london-host-four-nfl-games-2017-wembley-twickenham

If she is opposed to non-Rugby Union events she is a hypocrite for having a go at football and not Rugby League, American Football and concerts. She is obviously inferring that football fans are worse than fans of other sports/attendees at concerts. The Rugby Football Union (RFU) is also hypocritical for allowing other events to take place there. It would be nice if Twickenham couldn't be used for a while and the RFU approached the FA to use Wembley and the FA told them to f**k-off.

I have been to Twickenham a couple of times for International matches and getting back to the railway station is a nightmare. You have to cross the A316 (Chertsey Road) and every so often the police have to stop traffic to allow supporters to cross. Can't understand why a bridge or underpass haven't been built.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I don't suppose anyone can predict the answers to the following questions, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

1. Will the new shed end, just be where the old one used to be and still be the best place for atmosphere?

2. Do you think we will keep the same sized pitch, despite our great record at Wembley, I think we suit a smaller playing field.

3. The seats aren't going to be miles away from the pitch like the Emirates I hope?

4. Any idea how many more tickets will be sold as season tickets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, jrshugo said:

I don't suppose anyone can predict the answers to the following questions, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

1. Will the new shed end, just be where the old one used to be and still be the best place for atmosphere?

2. Do you think we will keep the same sized pitch, despite our great record at Wembley, I think we suit a smaller playing field.

3. The seats aren't going to be miles away from the pitch like the Emirates I hope?

4. Any idea how many more tickets will be sold as season tickets?

I'll have a go at answering these.

1. The Shed End will remain more or less where it is now but it'll be bigger at around 9,750 capacity for the main Shed stand and about 4,500 extra split between the two corners. The two end stands will be the best for atmosphere but given that the opposition fans will be in one of the Shed corners I suspect that one will be the better one of the two.

2. Someone else can confirm but I think the new pitch will be slightly bigger than our current one.

3. The planned distance from the pitch on all sides is 7.2m which is very close. Closer than both the Emirates or the New WHL. This comparison of the Emirates and our new stadium illustrates it well.

32251243891_b7e6ebdbb5_b.jpg

4. The number of season tickets will go up to about 30,000 (I think it's about 24 or 25,000 at the moment). 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Parker's Dogbite said:

I'll have a go at answering these.

1. The Shed End will remain more or less where it is now but it'll be bigger at around 9,750 capacity for the main Shed stand and about 4,500 extra split between the two corners. The two end stands will be the best for atmosphere but given that the opposition fans will be in one of the Shed corners I suspect that one will be the better one of the two.

2. Someone else can confirm but I think the new pitch will be slightly bigger than our current one.

3. The planned distance from the pitch on all sides is 7.2m which is very close. Closer than both the Emirates or the New WHL. This comparison of the Emirates and our new stadium illustrates it well.

32251243891_b7e6ebdbb5_b.jpg

4. The number of season tickets will go up to about 30,000 (I think it's about 24 or 25,000 at the moment). 

 

 

Cheers.

Also besides being very close to the pitch, with the new pitch being sunk down, I think the whole stadium will feel on top of the players.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The new images of WHL aren't very appealing, in my opinion. If I didn't know i's their new stadium, my guess would be it's some generic stadium they built in the Middle East or Asia for an event like the Olympics. It's not bad per se, but it has no character whatsoever. But it's easier to build and so they'll have a bigger stadium sooner which is a bit annoying. I hope our management will put a rush on it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I am just very glad .........that Stamford Bridge is going to remain as the home of Chelsea football club.

It seems like a long time in the planning, But The right decisions have been made, which is best for us and everybody concerned with the future of Chelsea F.C 

Us Chelsea Fans need to stop worrying about the temporary move out to Wembley......it's only a Tube journey from central London or short train journey from Marleybone. 

The area around Wembley is a lot rougher than SW6, however most of the pubs around Wembley, are generally good for noisy football fans. 

Northern & Midlands based Chelsea fans will be better off, as Wembley is nearer to the M1 motorway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chelsea Football Club will not be able play any games at Twickenham when their west London ground is being rebuilt, rugby's governing body has said.

The club will have to leave their Stamford Bridge home for up to three years during the construction of a new £500m 60,000-seat stadium.

Twickenham was an option being considered by the club but a spokesperson for the Rugby Football Union (RFU) said it would not happen.

Chelsea have declined to comment.

Source : BBC

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 13/01/2017 at 16:17, Bovis Messroom said:

This meeting involved a presentation by the Football Association as part of the consultation process.  Brent Council expects them to make a formal application in the next week or two.  What with Spurs moving in next season, they seem to have left this quite late.

Bovis's original post confirmed in the national press now. If approved it would affect Spurs initially but would also have a big impact on us assuming we end up going there for three seasons.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!