Van Ginkel to Chelsea

skippy

Well far from having those Lampard goals IMO but he's got talent !a nice complete Midfielder I can see him shine in the years to come

At what age did Lampard really start to come through? 23-24? Lets not forget van Ginkel is just 20 years old

I never thought that a "feeder" team would actually pay off so big, MvG is clearly a hugely talented 20 year old and for £8 million its a coup. Whether we will get instant production from his up for debate but very confident for his future.

Edited by Kun Aguero

Played well, rarely lost the ball and created two really good chances that I can remember. However Portugal at that stage were pretty dominant and trying hard for an equaliser so his influence over the game deteriorated. 

Still a very decent performance which should make his claim for a role in the starting XI all the more likely, if it clearly wasn't apparent before.

Edited by Remodez

Have to say I'm surprised how far he is in his career. When we bought him I thought he'd be a bit part player and learning the trade still. Since he's joined he's played a lot and featuring for Netherlands.

I was sure he wont make the Netherlands squad for Brazil but he really has the chance. Just has to feature enough for us and he'll probably make it.

I think he meant one out of those 3 players but those three do sound like the slowest midfield in the EPL  :laugh2:

Ah I see, yeah that makes more sense, although the Van Ginkel + Ramires duo seemed to work quite well in pre-season so maybe that's the way to go. Plenty of time to find the right combo anyway.

LOL

Gigi Salmon: How do we stop Van Persie? 

Marco: We have to kill him eh

BOSS

Brilliant  :laugh2:

I'm hoping we see him against United.  In preseason our best CM partnership appeared to be Ramires + MVG.  I think they complement each other very well.

Brilliant  :laugh2:

I'm hoping we see him against United.  In preseason our best CM partnership appeared to be Ramires + MVG.  I think they complement each other very well.

Doubt he will play against united. Both times, Mourinho was very reluctant to sub him on, and has waited until the points were clearly in the bag.

Also, van ginkel appeared very nervous when coming on, which is understandable of course. He needs a couple of full matches in the cups against lower league sides to get some confidence i feel

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8897714

Chelsea have rejected an approach from Ajax to take van Ginkel on a season long loan.

Rightfully so. Would have been a major kick in the teeth to Vitesse who will be looking to push on from their 4th place finish. Our feeder club too, would be unsporting to take him off them, promise him games and then loan him to the strongest team in Holland.