Cesc Fabregas

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

That piece of football is sheer poetry, not many i have ever seen could do that break that sequence down

1. Dave breaks with the ball

2. Dave passes it, with Cesc checking where costa is

3. Cesc receives the pass

4. Cesc controls, again checks Costas position

5. Sends a 50-60yd pass to a moving fwd Costa

6. Pass Delivered right onto Costas chest (much appreciation for Costa moving into that position)

7. Excellent control and skill to finish sublimely

Cesc at his very very best, Cheers @big blue

Edited by Ballack & Blu

17 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

That piece of football is sheer poetry, not many i have ever seen could do that break that sequence down

1. Dave breaks with the ball

2. Dave passes it, with Cesc checking where costa is

3. Cesc receives the pass

4. Cesc controls, again checks Costas position

5. Sends a 50-60yd pass to a moving fwd Costa

6. Pass Delivered right onto Costas chest (much appreciation for Costa moving into that position)

7. Excellent control and skill to finish sublimely

Cesc at his very very best, Cheers @big blue

Best thing about it for me? Listen - not to the commentary, but to the crowd. Blue blood. Magic.

One of my all time favourite Chelsea moments.

14 minutes ago, robdog said:

Side Show Bob - IMHO dude is a nature fit

RHQ6.gif

I could see Luiz playing that position perfectly. He could be a little more daring in the chances he takes and he wouldn't be the last line of defense. Hopefully he signs a new contract because we need him at the club. Gotta have some semblance of what the club is in this team and a connection to those days with Lamps and Terry that can pass on what Chelsea is to the younger generation.

On 17/07/2013 at 02:20, EdinburghBlue said:

Far too many blue tinted spectacles being wore by certain posters as usual, he's better than anyone we have at CM, would take him in a heartbeat.

So glad I got my wish on this one. Absolute gem of a man and player. All the best Fab, don’t forget your magic hat!

F8F5DBBC-B143-40E7-BF4B-516629EA6B48.thumb.jpeg.08fbea854be8bb81eda5f468420b75a8.jpeg

Edited by EdinburghBlue

8 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I could see Luiz playing that position perfectly. He could be a little more daring in the chances he takes and he wouldn't be the last line of defense. Hopefully he signs a new contract because we need him at the club. Gotta have some semblance of what the club is in this team and a connection to those days with Lamps and Terry that can pass on what Chelsea is to the younger generation.

In my opinion absolutely not. Playing in that position in the sarriball means play the ball very fast with one maximum two touches and almost always under pressing. It's another sport.

Perhaps he was able with Benitez or Conte but not now.

1 hour ago, Spiller86 said:

His legs were gone by the time he signed with us, which made it hard at times but he never stopped working. Wish him all the best.

But a player like Fabregas, he can play as long as he wants to, up to 40 years old.

I honestly think if we found the perfect role for him, sort of like a Pirlo role, he really would be fantastic. His delivery is sublime. Certainly a luxury player but no one is better than him at passing.

One of the most disappointing things for me was I had high hopes for Conte to utilise Fabregas like he did with Pirlo. Instantly turned Pirlo into a global cult hero, I hoped the same would happen to Fabregas but it never has. Gutted.

45 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

But a player like Fabregas, he can play as long as he wants to, up to 40 years old.

I honestly think if we found the perfect role for him, sort of like a Pirlo role, he really would be fantastic. His delivery is sublime. Certainly a luxury player but no one is better than him at passing.

One of the most disappointing things for me was I had high hopes for Conte to utilise Fabregas like he did with Pirlo. Instantly turned Pirlo into a global cult hero, I hoped the same would happen to Fabregas but it never has. Gutted.

You're right. I think in Italy that may have worked but in the Premier League it is too fast and too intense to carry someone in the middle who can't defend or really run. 

We're having a similar issue (if not to the same scale) with Jorginho this seaosn.