Ballack & Blu

Cesc Fabregas

Pure class on and off the pitch, integral to our last couple of title wins and one of the best passers of the ball your ever likely to see.

All the best Cesc. 

Fabregas is magic he wears a magic hat..

Terrible football decision to let him go, we just got rid of the last bit of guile and creativity from the midfield. He's probably keen to move on, but surely the manager/board could have done more to persuade him to stay. Yes, I do blame Sarri partly for not playing him more. It's not like we will get a huge fee for him, he's probably going for free or a couple of Mils, even for 10 it's not worth missing out on a CL spot. He's a leader, especially one for the Spanish players, potentially we will have 2-3 unhappy first team players right now. Even if we get a replacement , how long will it take for that player to adapt, 3 months, 6? Then the season will be gone. It's one thing not reinforce in January, it's the other to get rid of quality for no return.

Firstly I reckon he wanted to stay but wanted more security than a 1 year deal. Club wont change that line for nobody.

Secondly the club made another emotional decision to let him go. To get a long term deal and help out his friend Henry in Monaco. Sarri did not want him to go he is his only jorginho back up.

But Jose did not want cech to go to arsenal and the club overruled him and so they did to Sarri.

Anyway thank you Cesc and best of luck to you and your family. Has been a pleasure.

He didnt cry for Arsenal ( my brother hated that since he's a gooner ) and Barca, he truly love the club......and damn those vids people have uploaded reminded me how fast and direct we were, good stuff.

'In five years, I can say that I was lucky to play with him,' Hazard said.

'Since the beginning when he came, we saw it the first year, we won the double together.

'Top guy on the pitch, off the pitch, a great friend of mine.

'Just admiration about this guy. I hope he will have a good future. It's a bit hard now, but he's still very good and he will enjoy.'

12 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

We cured him of his Arsenal disease the same way we cured Ashely Cole :biggrin:

Damn straight.......im sure AC loved seeing Fab cry, even if its a stick to beat his haters with. Fabs Chelsea soul is intact.

Put simply, a sterling servant for Chelsea. 

It's funny how it turned out that way because much of this board was at best apathetic towards his signing due to his previous history with Arsenal and the bad blood between him and some Chelsea supporters.

The most notable aspect of his play was his passing. In his prime, it was god-like and his vision was heavenly. At his best he seemed to have a telepathic connection with Costa in particular; that combined with Costa's world-class movement led to many goals.

He was an essential part of the 2014/15 and 2016/17 title wins; the first as an undisputed starter, the second often as a substitute off the bench who could break down stubborn defences with aplomb.

He really made his mark right from the start; his absurd one-touch pass to Schurrle against Burnley on his PL debut summed up what he could bring to the table - brilliant vision + technique.

I would have liked him to stay until the end of the season just because he's an experienced pro who could still provide the odd bit of magic but I don't think he has a future at Chelsea beyond that - his lack of athleticism renders him a liability in a high-line, high-pressing system, his passing isn't what it once was and he lacks the defensive ability to play as a regista.

All the best Cesc.  

The one touch pass against Burnley was fantastic, however, the one pass that always sticks out to me was Arsenal at home - Cesc lofted a long ball over 2 Arsenal defenders, with perfect weight for Diego to chest it down and lob the keeper.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

The one touch pass against Burnley was fantastic, however, the one pass that always sticks out to me was Arsenal at home - Cesc lofted a long ball over 2 Arsenal defenders, with perfect weight for Diego to chest it down and lob the keeper.

You might remember this play from the 2016-17 season - this pass won the match for Chelsea

PGacRKj.gif

1 hour ago, robdog said:

You might remember this play from the 2016-17 season - this pass won the match for Chelsea

PGacRKj.gif

That one was quite nasty as well.  Threading the needle.  The angle from behind is crazy, too.  The ball moves like 10+ yards with the bend from right to left.

1 minute ago, mwblue10 said:

That one was quite nasty as well.  Threading the needle.  The angle from behind is crazy, too.  The ball moves like 10+ yards with the bend from right to left.

look at that one defender spin like a table top :Troll_Face: