Ballack & Blu

Cesc Fabregas

My favourite cescassist was the one on his debut away at Burnley for schurrle. Unbeleivable touch and vision.

That was probably the most excited I have been for a season in long time. Mourinho back, Costa, and Fabregas in. 

So much negativity these days about the board, signings, current players, youth integration etc. 

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

The first 50-100 posts on a thread i started very tentatively are amazing, mainly in the hatred we had for him before he joined:Laie_36:

Had a wee look back there myself. Rumour started in July 2013 and signed in June 2014. 46 pages of will he, won’t he. It’s happening, no it’s not. He’s going to Utd, no he going to Arsenal. 

Glad he came here.

23 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

The first 50-100 posts on a thread i started very tentatively are amazing, mainly in the hatred we had for him before he joined:Laie_36:

I’ll never forgive him for Celery-Gate in Cardiff :biggrin:

On 08/01/2019 at 18:14, big blue said:

My favourite cescassist was the one on his debut away at Burnley for schurrle. Unbeleivable touch and vision.

That was probably the most excited I have been for a season in long time. Mourinho back, Costa, and Fabregas in. 

So much negativity these days about the board, signings, current players, youth integration etc. 

Fabregas, terrific pass... Costaaa.... 1-1!

https://streamable.com/07h6 

Edited by the special one

That piece of football is sheer poetry, not many i have ever seen could do that break that sequence down

1. Dave breaks with the ball

2. Dave passes it, with Cesc checking where costa is

3. Cesc receives the pass

4. Cesc controls, again checks Costas position

5. Sends a 50-60yd pass to a moving fwd Costa

6. Pass Delivered right onto Costas chest (much appreciation for Costa moving into that position)

7. Excellent control and skill to finish sublimely

Cesc at his very very best, Cheers @big blue

Edited by Ballack & Blu

It’s a shame Costa couldn’t stay. There probably would have been several more beautiful assists by Fab.

I think Fabregas really missed playing with a top striker since Costa left. He supplied Morata a lot of great balls but... yeah.

17 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

That piece of football is sheer poetry, not many i have ever seen could do that break that sequence down

1. Dave breaks with the ball

2. Dave passes it, with Cesc checking where costa is

3. Cesc receives the pass

4. Cesc controls, again checks Costas position

5. Sends a 50-60yd pass to a moving fwd Costa

6. Pass Delivered right onto Costas chest (much appreciation for Costa moving into that position)

7. Excellent control and skill to finish sublimely

Cesc at his very very best, Cheers @big blue

Best thing about it for me? Listen - not to the commentary, but to the crowd. Blue blood. Magic.

One of my all time favourite Chelsea moments.

Big thank you for the service to the club Cesc gave us. He was a joy to watch and wish that he had some more of his speed left because the man can place a pass better than almost anyone I've ever seen. Hope him all the best in Monaco!

14 minutes ago, robdog said:

Side Show Bob - IMHO dude is a nature fit

RHQ6.gif

I could see Luiz playing that position perfectly. He could be a little more daring in the chances he takes and he wouldn't be the last line of defense. Hopefully he signs a new contract because we need him at the club. Gotta have some semblance of what the club is in this team and a connection to those days with Lamps and Terry that can pass on what Chelsea is to the younger generation.

On 17/07/2013 at 02:20, EdinburghBlue said:

Far too many blue tinted spectacles being wore by certain posters as usual, he's better than anyone we have at CM, would take him in a heartbeat.

So glad I got my wish on this one. Absolute gem of a man and player. All the best Fab, don’t forget your magic hat!

F8F5DBBC-B143-40E7-BF4B-516629EA6B48.thumb.jpeg.08fbea854be8bb81eda5f468420b75a8.jpeg

Edited by EdinburghBlue

8 minutes ago, chiefBlueCFC said:

I could see Luiz playing that position perfectly. He could be a little more daring in the chances he takes and he wouldn't be the last line of defense. Hopefully he signs a new contract because we need him at the club. Gotta have some semblance of what the club is in this team and a connection to those days with Lamps and Terry that can pass on what Chelsea is to the younger generation.

In my opinion absolutely not. Playing in that position in the sarriball means play the ball very fast with one maximum two touches and almost always under pressing. It's another sport.

Perhaps he was able with Benitez or Conte but not now.