Cesc Fabregas

Ballack & Blu

I understand your point and agree with half of it. We should look like a top team and we have the ability for that. We have good players and we must play better football. But tracking back doesn't lower any level of a top team. Attacking wingers should focus more on attack, that's right but without their help we will lose control in the defence. When a team playing with an attacking RB or LB, a winger must track down with him to keep an eye on him and be first on the ball once the ball is near his area. 

He doesn't always have to track back, sometimes there are situations that we need attacking players forward, at the second half of the pitch to start a quick counter attack. It all depends on how Jose wants us to play, in my opinion by Jose's system we should look like a team, everyone helps everyone. But I do agree that sometimes our attacking players don't affect on the game because of defensive work.

That's not what I meant, all I'm saying attacking outlets shouldn't be burdened too much for defensive duty, just like defensive outlets shouldn't be burdened to score goals.. 

If the system requires them to do so then that's what lower the level of top team... 

So were Barcelona some sort of mid table team also then, because there defensive philosophy was every player on the pitch has to defend, as soon as they lost the ball.

ya talk as if ya understand barca style.. The possession game and 'intelligent' pressuring game they employ have all meaning beyond the obvious case.. 

Their defense philosophy isn't just about man to man defending but also to close down the option of the opposition player with the ball which is really effective,, They anticipated where the ball is going to be passed to and capture that option..  The closer player to cover each other, no need for the player at another end to track all the way back to the other end all the time.. It's more like a zonal marking..

Lots of simple minded people have no idea about the purpose of possession game, having the ball is also an art of defence, it's also another way to give the players a breathing space..

Barcelona doesn't lose possession easily but chelsea do due to lack of offensive gameplan from the manager.. once a defensive manager is always a defensive manager, so naive of me to think he can change, I just hope he stay true to his words he said when he rejoined chelsea 2 years ago, if the result is not good enough then resign, don't ask for the sack so that he can get severance package wasting the club money.. 

• 2 weeks later...

When he came on I thought the fact that he was dropped would change him, but it didn't. I was following his game and it was seems like he doesn't want to run anymore. Three situations that he had to get quickly down and help the defence but he decided to stand. His approach really disappointing him, and I hate to see players like RLC casualties of it and doesn't play.

Fabregas will only shine in teams that dominate possession.

His downfall in form coincides with are change from a possesion game to a counter attack game.

Well if he wants more possession of the ball, go and get the f**king thing !

I don't know how up to date you guys are on the recent 'story' that one player has come out recently and said they would rather lose for Mourinho than win for him but from what I'm reading it turns out it's Cesc that's leading this mini revolt in terms of not liking the teams style of play under the manager.

If there's any truth in this I think it's disgraceful a player could quite happily take a wage from a club and have that mentality. If true then he shouldn't play for the club again. I just don't get what's happening of late.

Fabregas just posted on his Facebook page:

"I would like to clarify that contrary to a few reports form some online websites, I am extremely happy at Chelsea and have an excellent relationship with the manager.

There maybe certain individuals from the outside trying to destabilise this club but I strongly believe that we will bounce back and come good again."

Fabregas just posted on his Facebook page:

"I would like to clarify that contrary to a few reports form some online websites, I am extremely happy at Chelsea and have an excellent relationship with the manager.

There maybe certain individuals from the outside trying to destabilise this club but I strongly believe that we will bounce back and come good again."

refreshing to see that. Hopefully that puts all the stories of a player revolt to bed.

We have dominated possesion in most games that we have lost

But agree with abvoe

I think there's a massive difference in dominating possession, and the opposition giving up possesion.

I don't think we have played a dominant possession game since last year. The smaller teams let us have the ball and play on the counter, we do the same against our rivals.

We don't play a strong enough possession game to get the best out of fabregas. Having only played for arsenal, barca, and Spain, he would very rarely have played in a game where they were set upto counter.

It's okay saying, if he wants more of the ball he should go and get it, but there is no movement, and not enough players all on the same wavelength.

Which is why our best chances of scoring have been winning the ball high, counter, or a set piece.

Teams let us have the ball because we struggle to hurt them with it.

Yeap we are just desperately out of form and it makes everyone look bad.. even the reigning player of the year not to mention the reining leading assist winner.

I've always thought his change of pace was too slow for that central midfield role, but from his post game interviews last season and this season I certainly don't think he's leading any sort of revolt.