Ballack & Blu

Cesc Fabregas

Gets way too heated when the going gets tough. Azpi too but Azpi at least reined himself in from time to time. Cesc needs to learn how to rein it in. Love the fire though don't get me wrong

I was adamant when I see the second tackle that he gets his foot on the ball before he connects with the man. Every time I watch it I'm sure I see the toe of his boot flick the ball then catch the man? 

If you win the ball snd your momentum takes you in to the man, that's not a booking or even a foul? Or am I seeing things and he's not actually touched the ball?

16 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I was adamant when I see the second tackle that he gets his foot on the ball before he connects with the man. Every time I watch it I'm sure I see the toe of his boot flick the ball then catch the man? 

If you win the ball snd your momentum takes you in to the man, that's not a booking or even a foul? Or am I seeing things and he's not actually touched the ball?

He plays for Chelsea.

Something seem's off about Fabregas this season. I thought working in a 3 man midfield would work perfectly for him, but even in that role he can't seem to control a game. What's odd to see is the amount of misplaced passes he seem's to making, it's very unlike Fabregas. Hopefully it's just a bit of a dip in form because this new role should be exactly what he needed.

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Something seem's off about Fabregas this season.

is it? he got shafted from barcelona after they had invested massive resources in getting him "back" from arsenal. his defensive discipline didn't cut it. he doesn't get call ups for the national team anymore, a team that often fields three, four or even five midfield players. no formation can hide such a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch.

i've always thought that fabregas has been over rated. he was, and still is, a free roaming maverick with little to no defensive responsibility who you hope can deliver that final pass. if he doesn't, it's basically like playing 10 men. other playmakers in his mould has more to them that makes them useful. pirlo and kroos (number 6's) are/were waaaay better under pressure and have/had a way better understanding of the pace of the game. modric, thiago, koke (number 8's) etc are way more explosive and can contribute to their teams defensively and offensively without needing the ball.

modern football is played at a supersonic tempo, and fabregas is being left behind. 20 years ago he would have competed for all individual honors, now he's a luxury teams cannot afford (which spain and barcelona has realized). fabregas is a football genius born in an office workers body, and i feel that if we ever are going to reach the top of europe again, fabregas' role should be reduced to the bench and cameos when we need (and can afford his deficiencies) his talents.

14 minutes ago, opinionsarelike said:

is it? he got shafted from barcelona after they had invested massive resources in getting him "back" from arsenal. his defensive discipline didn't cut it. he doesn't get call ups for the national team anymore, a team that often fields three, four or even five midfield players. no formation can hide such a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch.

i've always thought that fabregas has been over rated. he was, and still is, a free roaming maverick with little to no defensive responsibility who you hope can deliver that final pass. if he doesn't, it's basically like playing 10 men. other playmakers in his mould has more to them that makes them useful. pirlo and kroos (number 6's) are/were waaaay better under pressure and have/had a way better understanding of the pace of the game. modric, thiago, koke (number 8's) etc are way more explosive and can contribute to their teams defensively and offensively without needing the ball.

modern football is played at a supersonic tempo, and fabregas is being left behind. 20 years ago he would have competed for all individual honors, now he's a luxury teams cannot afford (which spain and barcelona has realized). fabregas is a football genius born in an office workers body, and i feel that if we ever are going to reach the top of europe again, fabregas' role should be reduced to the bench and cameos when we need (and can afford his deficiencies) his talents.

Nailed it.

Last season he was mostly on the bench and came on if we needed a goal or simply rest of the starters. I understand him starting this season because hazard was injured and bakayoko wasnt fully fit.

We now have a fully fit team and Drinkwater coming back after the international break he needs to go back to the bench and be used just like we did last season.

On 02/10/2017 at 11:05, Drogbaholic said:

Last season he was mostly on the bench and came on if we needed a goal or simply rest of the starters. I understand him starting this season because hazard was injured and bakayoko wasnt fully fit.

We now have a fully fit team and Drinkwater coming back after the international break he needs to go back to the bench and be used just like we did last season.

If Conte needed a reminder, i'm sure he got it the weekend. Starting with Cesc in the team either up top or in deep, in a mid 2 or 3, if you have not got much possession he's out of the game and wasted.

It's not his fault, it's just how it is, he can't compete with younger, bigger, stronger, faster players. He has to have ball possession in space with time to create those moments of genius.

He's ideal to bring off the bench when we are struggling to open a team up but have a lot of ball possession, and those younger fitter players are exhausted. I'm sure Conte will remember this now.

I like fabregas alot. He can be incredible to watch at times, but I agree long term he shouldn't be starting games as often. 

However I think it's important to point out that he has been relied on for creativity this season, because hazard, pedro, and Willian, have either been injured or in poor form, and bakayoko is only just finding his feet. 

Maybe with hazard back we will see fabregas drop to the bench, but I still think it leaves a massive burden on hazard to produce the goods, especially with morata out. 

Hazard once said in an interview that the slowest players in the Chelsea team are John Terry & Fabregas, he couldn't decide out of the two. That was last season, quite scary when you think about it. 

But I think some of the comments in here are over the top, he's had like what? Two poor games in a row? Besides that, he's still an assist machine, the only player that can link up really well with Hazard which many people have conveniently forgotten on here. As soon as he starts scoring & assisting like he usually does I'm sure this will all be put to bed. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Hazard once said in an interview that the slowest players in the Chelsea team are John Terry & Fabregas, he couldn't decide out of the two. That was last season, quite scary when you think about it. 

But I think some of the comments in here are over the top, he's had like what? Two poor games in a row? Besides that, he's still an assist machine, the only player that can link up really well with Hazard which many people have conveniently forgotten on here. As soon as he starts scoring & assisting like he usually does I'm sure this will all be put to bed. 

The league gets stronger every year, interesting point re Hazard connection as he has been missing yet I recall Fab finding Diego with his passing ability. Now we have Azpi finding Morata though that is in now on hold for a month. Thought, when we play sides as strong or stronger than us then their WBs push ours back which means if Fab gets the ball both our front two have two men marking them as they know Fab can't run past them. Unfortunately we have played 3 of the top three physically strong sides already in the first 7 games.

Of course in the other matches where Alonso and Moses can get forward then our front two are more likely to get the ball as less markers giving Fab more opportunity for assists. It is not easy to fit him in the game these days as it is becoming more physically stronger each season.

Edited by Strider6003

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

That is how fans are. Jekyll and Hyde. They will slate a player when not doing well. Then he will have his moments and others will give rave about him then there are the ones who go into hiding when he puts in top notch performances. Fabregas is a top CM who has limitations like all other CM. But he has qualities that no other CM in the prem has with his passing. He soon will be silencing people like you said. Just come end of the season we will see how vital his creativity will be.

1 hour ago, STATS said:

That is how fans are. Jekyll and Hyde. They will slate a player when not doing well. Then he will have his moments and others will give rave about him then there are the ones who go into hiding when he puts in top notch performances. Fabregas is a top CM who has limitations like all other CM. But he has qualities that no other CM in the prem has with his passing. He soon will be silencing people like you said. Just come end of the season we will see how vital his creativity will be.

Fabregas is a lethargic player, you can watch one game and work that out. But he has one of the best football IQ's in the sport, do people really think he's not worthy of this side? He performs much better as a squad player, he was phenomenal last season. I don't think the people who are wanting him sold now have even watched him this season, he's created a sh*t tonne of chances as he always does, we lose him and you'll see a big hindrance in the side when we need someone to make the pass. 

Physical limitations do not make Fabregas a bad player, or unfit to be a top-tier player. I'm shocked when I see people wanting him sold, Willian I'll see your point but Fabregas? Who do we replace him with? We can't get David Silva or Juan Mata. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

Fabregas is a lethargic player, you can watch one game and work that out. But he has one of the best football IQ's in the sport, do people really think he's not worthy of this side? He performs much better as a squad player, he was phenomenal last season. I don't think the people who are wanting him sold now have even watched him this season, he's created a sh*t tonne of chances as he always does, we lose him and you'll see a big hindrance in the side when we need someone to make the pass. 

Physical limitations do not make Fabregas a bad player, or unfit to be a top-tier player. I'm shocked when I see people wanting him sold, Willian I'll see your point but Fabregas? Who do we replace him with? We can't get David Silva or Juan Mata. 

Fabregas has zero pace but he runs his nuts off every game. He isn't lethargic, he's just painfully slow. He's still a fabulous player, though. We just have to ensure his slowness doesn't leave us exposed. I think it's become clear that he's most effective when coming off the bench against a tiring team. He's a joy to watch when he does that.