Ballack & Blu

Cesc Fabregas

Posted (edited)

I used to hate him when he was at Arsenal. Could never imagine him wearing a Chelsea shirt, but what a wonderful signing he turned out to be. Classy man, too.

I'm going to miss him. Thanks for everything, Cesc.

Edited by abramovich

3 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I used to hate him when he was at Arsenal. Could never imagine him wearing a Chelsea shirt, but what a wonderful signing he turned out to be. Classy man, too.

I'm going to miss him. Thanks for everything, Cesc.

I think that's what makes this even more amazing, the emotion surrounding him leaving and the fact he's so highly thought of by Chelsea fans is wonderful considering his history. 

Thanks for everything Cesc, good luck for the future.

3 minutes ago, Wearyourblue said:

My favorite Fabregas pass in blue

That's the one I was going to post. Such an incredible pass.

A brilliant servant to Chelsea.

His signing gave us the craft and guile to win the titles and cups and not many bar he and Ash could make the move from them to us and be so so successful.

Cheers Cesc 

Personally, my favourite Cesc moment was the last minute winner at Loftus Road, I went absolutely crazy. 

Absolutely loved watching him since he's been at Chelsea, very few better players technically than him and I think we're making a big mistake letting him go. Thank you for everything Cesc

I can understand the decision to sell him if it's true we are getting a few, plus his wages are off the books. 

From the footballing side he could definately have done a job until the end of the season, which is why sarri wanted to keep him. 

great player for us, and privilege to watch him play. He gets a nice 3 year contract at Monaco, and I'm sure he will be received better here than he will in the north of London.

5 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Stop doing this to me Rob, I'm very vulnerable right now.

Goose bumps and slightly misty eyed.

:empathy:seems you need a shoulder to lay your head on - here is a virtual shoulder for you 

f**king awesome servant........his tears tells its own story. Never imagined he loved the Club that much but fair play to him. Instrumental in countless wins. But I too believe we should have waited till summer, one injury to Jhorgo and who takes his spot?

Can only imagine we have someone else coming in unless an existing squad player will take up the mantle......completely understand that football is a business and clearly from a business standpoint Chelsea were not prepared to offer him the contract his agent was looking for.  Looks like a footballers shelf life has shrunk from about 35 to 31 years old these days.  Given where he started and ended up he has been the absolute professional and hopefully he has enjoyed every moment..

7 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

Can only imagine we have someone else coming in unless an existing squad player will take up the mantle......completely understand that football is a business and clearly from a business standpoint Chelsea were not prepared to offer him the contract his agent was looking for.  Looks like a footballers shelf life has shrunk from about 35 to 31 years old these days.  Given where he started and ended up he has been the absolute professional and hopefully he has enjoyed every moment..

Ampadu?

47 minutes ago, atomis said:

f**king awesome servant........his tears tells its own story. Never imagined he loved the Club that much but fair play to him. Instrumental in countless wins. But I too believe we should have waited till summer, one injury to Jhorgo and who takes his spot?

I truly believe he wants to help Michael Emenalo & Thierry Henry out at AS Monaco from the drop

Sarri's job just got harder. I was on the camp of sell Cesc and still am. It makes financial sense for everybody involved. The biggest problem now is for Sarri. I wonder who will not be a backup for Cesc. I dont think Ampadu is it. His positional awareness is very good, defensively fantastic but i dont know if he can can do the regista role, atleast i have never seen enough of him in that role nor am i that confident of his passing. I wonder if it will mean a new player or if someone else will step up. 

1 hour ago, robdog said:

I truly believe he wants to help Michael Emenalo & Thierry Henry out at AS Monaco from the drop

He just might yeah......wherever he goes good luck to him, been great for us, bought for peanuts too.

2 hours ago, robdog said:

Here is another video of The Man that wears the Magic Hat in his Final Lap of Honor at Stamford Bridge

Sent shivers down my spine that. we will miss him!

Posted (edited)

I’ve always been a massive fan of Fàbregas and was one of a few who were really excited at the thought of signing him. (I’m not bragging) but it makes me really happy to look back at the thoughts of people before he signed and comparing it to how he’s completely made people change their views.

He’s been an absolute delight to watch in the jersey. His passing is incredible and the best I’ve seen in my time watching Chelsea. I do feel he’s been under utilised this season and I will miss him playing for us. For all his defensive frailties, his creative contributions were terrific. The difference with him in the team to aid Hazard in creating is night and day. 

Financially it makes sense to let him go as I’m sure he’s on a huge wage but it doesn’t make it any easier from an emotional standpoint.

He’s been a terrific servant, player and man since he’s been with us and I can only wish him the best in his new adventure, hopefully he’ll be back one day to teach the young midfielders how to play defence splitting through balls like he has for us.

68C7D43F-ECBA-4E4E-8C6D-2D894EE5BCD7.jpeg.1be3dad082513835ef6410453d866450.jpeg

Edited by EdinburghBlue