My mates just text me saying Arsenal get £15 mill for the Fabregas deal, surely that can't be right

There's this misguided rumour going round that Arsenal inserted a clause stating that they receive 50% of the transfer fee when Fabregas is sold. It's actually 50% of the profit. As they sold him for £30m and we bought him for £27m, they actually get 50% of nothing.

Edited by Huttsey

To be fair he said proven world class. I am also of the opinion that matic and azpil are world class but they aren't proven yet.

in what way?

i may as well then say hazard isn't proven yet based on how inconsistent he often was last season. 

Edited by MANoWAR

My mate's an arsenal fan and he doesn't blame Fabregas. It sounds like Arsenal didn't want him.

Crazy really bet they are wishing they hadn't signed Ozil.

My mate whose an Arsenal fan said this "Great signing for Chelsea, the Arsenal fans that are being bitter about it are pissing me off, Arsenal don't need him and so didn't bid.Imagine the outrage if we'd got him and then just forgot about signing a top striker and players in other areas, can't win."

I thought it was well reasoned, but tbh not shocked cause outside if banter this guy is pretty sound.

in what way?

i may as well then say hazard isn't proven yet based on how inconsistent he often was last season. 

I suppose we all have different definitions of world class. In my opinion a world class player is a player who backs up a good year at the highest level with another the year after. That is the challenge that azpil and matic face this year. 

My mate whose an Arsenal fan said this "Great signing for Chelsea, the Arsenal fans that are being bitter about it are pissing me off, Arsenal don't need him and so didn't bid.Imagine the outrage if we'd got him and then just forgot about signing a top striker and players in other areas, can't win."

I thought it was well reasoned, but tbh not shocked cause outside if banter this guy is pretty sound.

He'll change his tune when their players get injured. Come the end of the season he'll be saying "we would have won so and so if so and so wasn't injured".

Yeah it's not an area they are short in. But like I say they are gambling big time on Ozil turning it round next season.

I'm still not really sure how we got him for so little. Especially having sold Luiz for £50 million. But PSG are a bit like we were when Abramovich first took over.

He'll change his tune when their players get injured. Come the end of the season he'll be saying "we would have won so and so if so and so wasn't injured".

He already said that last season thinks they'd have won the league if Walcott, etc hadn't gotten injured. They're full of sh*t Arsenal fans even the ones that at times are well reasoned haha.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan